Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Firelands heroic Rhyolith bug...

It is 5 weeks since 4.3 came out. and for those guilds who'd still like to farm their legendary staffs, and still farm Firelands. Heroic Lord Rhyolith becomes friendly in phase 2. So we're unable attack him. for 5 weeks this thing have happened for us in a row now. and it keeps happening every try. and if we wipe 2-3 times we're unable to get in to the zone aka heroic mode, so we have to switch to normal, but when we get in or disband the raid and remake it. we still can't switch to heroic again.

Do you guys also see this is just pure lazyness to not fix a stupid annoying bug like this?
    many guilds like to still keep farming staffs for better progress in DS hc. but can't get to what they want. I see this silly and lazy work of blizz. they should atleast make it killable again. instead of making the boss friendly in phase 2.

Ouch, really?

I assume you guys have all submitted bug reports?

Hope it gets fixed soon.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Yes, honestly I can't believe the bug is still there. I didn't really know if it was still happening til the other day when somebody mentioned it was still going on. They maybe can't find what broke it but I do find it very lazy. Heaven forbid Star Wars launched with some bugs but it's ok if a game 7 years old still can't get their shit together.

Deleted
    We had this problem 2 to 3 weeks into 4.3 then made a ticket and got fixed for 1 week. This reset again it was bugged. 10man hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just happened to us last night. It's a HUGE morale killer for those of us guilds trying to finish up staves.

Problem only seems to be on 25-man heroic in my experience.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Has happened for us every week ever since 4.3. launch.

Though it usually only happens once and after that we can kill it normally. Really annoying.

Happened to us on 10man a few weeks ago.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Problem only seems to be on 25-man heroic in my experience.
    Also happens in 10man

Same thing happened to my 10m guild, we've had to do him on reg every week.

Thanks to RNG, it actually set us a week behind on one of our staffs.

Its bugging on 10man heroic too, did get it today when farming for my staff
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

last week our lock got his staff, but for the last few weeks doing firelands for him, h ryho was still doing the friendly bug when getting to phase two. But we'd wipe and then attempt again and everything worked. It was only the first attempt though. Nice that blizzard said they fixed the bug and it happen that same week and the following weeks.

First time it happend to my guild, we were all laughing our asses off at the fact the Rhyolith gets "friendly" after taking his clothes off.

The next pull it went as normal. We have only been back as a guild once since 4.3. 10man heroic by the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulzan View Post
    It is 5 weeks since 4.3 came out. and for those guilds who'd still like to farm their legendary staffs, and still farm Firelands. Heroic Lord Rhyolith becomes friendly in phase 2. So we're unable attack him. for 5 weeks this thing have happened for us in a row now. and it keeps happening every try. and if we wipe 2-3 times we're unable to get in to the zone aka heroic mode, so we have to switch to normal, but when we get in or disband the raid and remake it. we still can't switch to heroic again.

Do you guys also see this is just pure lazyness to not fix a stupid annoying bug like this?
    many guilds like to still keep farming staffs for better progress in DS hc. but can't get to what they want. I see this silly and lazy work of blizz. they should atleast make it killable again. instead of making the boss friendly in phase 2.
    When we cleared it on HC on the 2nd week of 4.3 we had that bug once as well but it didn't occur on the next try

Deleted
    I feel your pain.

Me and our Hunter both still need the heroic cloak from him. That cloak is BiS till the end of this expansion, so we don't have much of a choice but to go back there. Finally we managed to push some people to help us get our cloaks and this happens. Some guildies aren't willing to put up with this and it's becoming harder and harder to get people to help in Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Heaven forbid Star Wars launched with some bugs but it's ok if a game 7 years old still can't get their shit together.
    What relevance has Star Wars got to do with the thread?

I can't think of a single PC game I have played, irrelevant of age, that has not had some kind of bug at some point, minor or otherwise.

That said, everyone experiencing this should submit a bug report (in the form of an in-game ticket and perhaps even a post on the official forums). It is frustrating that this may take a while for Blizzard to fix, but submitting reports/tickets can only help speed up the process. Especially as this is a fairly major bug, with many players still running Firelands for achievements, gear, and legendary quest/s.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Weduh View Post
    last week our lock got his staff, but for the last few weeks doing firelands for him, h ryho was still doing the friendly bug when getting to phase two. But we'd wipe and then attempt again and everything worked. It was only the first attempt though. Nice that blizzard said they fixed the bug and it happen that same week and the following weeks.
    you would just run into the fire to wipe and you'd be able to rezone I assume?

Deleted
    Have a hunter pull and reset him, before starting the encounter.

There was a blue post about this bug and the ragnaros heroic nerf, few days after 4.3 , which means Blizzard already knows about this bug. Too bad it's still there
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Seen it happen once each reset then work the 2nd time. No idea why you have the additional problems.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!