Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    nice thread, gd to see something different

Best lfr experience for me was being thanked for being a good raid leader on the 1st day the second part opened, when not many people had an idea what to do on the deathwing fights, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy

I've yet to have any of these awesome experiences myself, but i try my best to give others good experiences!
    Especially by handing over tier pieces i dont need to the people that deserve and dont acually need em.
    Same with weapons/trinkets and whatnot, people have a habit of needing everything, so i do the same and share the loot to the right people when i win

I cheesed the Ilvl system by over 11 points then remained below the tanks in dps for the entire run and got 4pc on my first time in there.

I was tanking the other day, and the stamina trinket dropped. I rolled need, and even tho I already had a copy, I won and was able to keep it from going to anyone else. Revenge is best served cold. All you dps asses rolling need and winning obvious tanking gear, good day. I will need everything possible forever, and my only wish is that you were able to see me delete it when I do 5 secs later. Fair play deserves fair play. Welcome to ninjacraft. Wonder who will win this current contest to see who is the largest ass. Thats my positive story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    I was tanking the other day, and the stamina trinket dropped. I rolled need, and even tho I already had a copy, I won and was able to keep it from going to anyone else. Revenge is best served cold. All you dps asses rolling need and winning obvious tanking gear, good day. I will need everything possible forever, and my only wish is that you were able to see me delete it when I do 5 secs later. Fair play deserves fair play. Welcome to ninjacraft. Wonder who will win this current contest to see who is the largest ass. Thats my positive story.
    Art Thou Mad?

Since when do dps get roll bonus on tank gear?

Pretty much the same as the OP, oddly.

Same exact scenario, xD

Elemental Shaman with Resto Offset and Enhance Off-Off Set rolled and won over me, as I was resto at the time, as DPS queue times were crazy. Mentioned I was Enhancement main spec in chat after most people left, and he just opened trade without me even asking.

Deleted
    I thought that was the point with role bonuses. Any role can roll on anything they can use, even for off spec or vendoring, but people in the right role are guaranteed to beat others on the roll (except on a few items that don't seem to have correct roles connected to them). Why would you want to deny people off spec gear when the "mains" don't need it?

(Even if he's a troll, there are most likely people out there who still don't understand how the loot system works in LFR.)

---

I have so many terrible experiences with LFR, generally people like to whine about specs, loot, role bonuses, and of course about other people's dps if they didn't win what they were there for themselves. Oh, and once someone kept looting Deathwing - on purpose - when none of us had received the loot we won from him, and the instance servers were about to reset (tickets <3).

I've passed minor upgrades on my alts to anyone who hasn't been bitching at me to make me pass it to them, but so far only guildies have returned that favor. Other than that, I had a group that was arguing all the time, failing at pulls and what not. We ended up kicking the people who complained, and somehow that fixed the pull issues as well. LFR runs so much smoother when you motivate each other and stay calm

Two No'kaled's dropped while on my enhance shaman. I won one and a rogue won the others. He opened trade with me and gave me the other one saying he was about to start the legendary daggers quest so didn't need it anyway. Made my night it did.

I joined free loot mode and got free loot and logged off.

...yaaaaaay....

Deleted
    i was going to troll and say "when it was over"

but i do have a good story, some guy on another server won two of the swords from deathwing, they were caster swords, and i was pissed, but i didnt say anything i just thought it was par for the course, but he came up and traded me, i didnt expect it to happen tbh

Deleted
    I don't know if you can say positive experience like OP's but just in general, the groups i get in are usually full of quite good people all of the 8 bosses are usually death rather fast, yes you do meet a troll once in a while but in general it's better than i first thought it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Well, over the last few weeks I've probably had 5 pieces of loot given to me in LFR, one was even the damage proc agility trinket. This week I finally got my hunter a high enough ilvl to get into it and ended up winning both the bow and polearm off of deathwing as well as the stacking agility trinket and the haste proc agility trinket. I was beating out the other hunters in the raid but was a fair amount under the top couple dps. The enhance shaman that was topping the charts wanted the stacking agility trinket and I looked him up on armory and noticed he had like 110k hks. Since this was just my crappy alt and his was obviously an important toon to him, I went ahead and gave him the agility trinket. (this was right before the bow and polearm both dropped too) Felt good doing something nice.

It's obvious people roll need on stuff they don't need sometimes. It never hurts to ask the person who won if they really wanted the item that badly. Lots of people are just getting it for their OS, its just a crappy alt they don't care about, or they're just gonna replace the item with valor stuff soon. If I'm on my main or I notice the person has something as good or better then I always ask about it. No one has been rude when I've asked and I've actually received an item more times than I've been turned away.

the best experience is that im still top dps while beeing afk smoking.
    the other is that u can clear lfr in under 1 hour if u run guild intern

LFR and LFD isn't as bad as it is made out to be (mostly), it is just that the bad experiences are often remembered better than the good oens

My friend has a habit of dragging me into LFR. I don't need anything from there really, but she does, and she may or may not have incriminating pictures.

Anyways, surprisingly, people are starting to listen to me when I offer to call out oozes if no one else wants to/will. The whole argument over "hey green and red dont splash" gets more and more minimal each time.

Still get a chuckle out of something though, I tend to explain Hagara frost phase like this-"Stay on the side of the circle and ice waves wont catch you. Make the radius smaller and circumference is smaller as well."

I get a surprising number of "I hate algebra comments". Oh Geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post
    LFR and LFD isn't as bad as it is made out to be (mostly), it is just that the bad experiences are often remembered better than the good oens
    Indeed, Ive tried explaining that to people. You could be chain running 20 minute dungeons on an alt you're gearing up, then get a bad 1 1/2 hour one.
    People will more likely than not only remember the longer one than the 5 that came before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Since when do dps get roll bonus on tank gear?
    I guess he's just bitter over 5 mans. Or trying to incite a response. Thinking a bit of both
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2012-01-03 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    The enhance shaman that was topping the charts wanted the stacking agility trinket and I looked him up on armory and noticed he had like 110k hks.
    Not complaining about what you did with your loot, but I am wondering about your logic... is a stacking trinket good for pvp? I pretty much doubt pvpers have that much time to dps to build the stacks up frequently, so static would seem to me the way to go.

Other than that, I hate when people start talking about the items they want and get this feeling that they are loot whoring, and in a sense playing mind games with whoever falls for them. Be wary of that, don't feel bad because someone makes puppy eyes about an item and how it has been their lifelong dream to get it, IT'S A TRAP!

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed Blackhorn on my lolhunter alt, Compass dropped, a random hunter at about 15K less DPS than me won it. I /facedesked at my computer and thought, "oh well, next week". Then just after we downed spine a trade window popped up, and into it popped the trinket followed by a whisper "You take it, you deserve it more ". That really made my day even though it was just an LFR trinket. The first act of kindness I've seen in LFR so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Mine's a Christmas Blizzard-gift story. Souldrinker dropped when I was on my alt DK and I lost the roll but noticed that the winner had dc'd before he was able to loot it (other people were asking who had won it since it was still on the boss so I checked the rolls). I made a note of his name and checked which server he was on and when it was clear he wasn't coming back put a ticket in on his behalf telling Blizz that he was owed the loot but probably didn't know it. Two days later I got a GM whisper saying "Merry Christmas" and on checking my mail found that they'd sent me a Souldrinker as well as the guy who'd dc'd.