Question on Fire Mage Gear

Hello everyone.
    I just had to re-roll to a Fire mage (played as fury warr) and now i'm having a few questions.
    The first one is : Can i trust AskMRRobot as a mage?
    second : Whats the Haste cap for a gnome ? I have 2121 no buffs. And i have the 2 pc T13
    third : Should i be stacking haste over crit even with haste overcap?

armory : /character/goldrinn/Skillcapped/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    2005 is the soft haste cap for getting the extra tick on your combustion, as far as I know it's 2005 for gnomes as well since you get a bonus to your intellect, not haste as your racial, correct? You should go for crit after reaching 2005 haste as it should provide more of a dps upgrade than stacking haste. And for askmrrobot, I can't tell you anything because I personaly don't use that website.

do you recommend any other website to help me on reforging and stuff like that? Cuz i used AMR with my warrior and it worked fine, but now it's telling me to stack haste on mage wich i think is kinda wrong by judging by other players armory's

and thx a lot
    Last edited by redondinha; 2012-01-03 at 01:30 AM.

Simcraft is the best resource we have. If you download an addon called reforgelite you can effectively transfer the stat weight results into the addon.

AMR isn't bad if you set the stat weights up yourself, but the presets aren't very good as the default follows haste>crit>mastery which is only true until 2005 for the extra combustion tick. Simcraft is definitely much better though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redondinha View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I just had to re-roll to a Fire mage (played as fury warr) and now i'm having a few questions.
    The first one is : Can i trust AskMRRobot as a mage?
    second : Whats the Haste cap for a gnome ? I have 2121 no buffs. And i have the 2 pc T13
    third : Should i be stacking haste over crit even with haste overcap?
    armory : /character/goldrinn/Skillcapped/advanced
    1. AMR was never a great reforging tool for mages. RAWR was the best when it came to arcane and it still is. But when it comes to fire, both RAWR and AMR tend to over evaluate haste and thus are not to be trusted. Personally i use www.wowreforge.com. Its fast and the calculations are amazing. Its the best reforging tool for fire I found.
    2. Soft haste cap for fire mage is 2005 self buffed. If you have 4p T13 then the cap is 1505. Raid buffed you should have 25% haste.
    3. NO. Once you hit the soft haste cap for fire everything else goes into crit. As i said above at 25% haste raid buffed your combustion gets an extra tick. The next cap would be like 37% haste when your LB gets an extra tick too, but that haste cap is too high and it can't be obtained with the current gear.

For reforgelite we have an area to put the stat weights but my stat weights have decimals and reforgelite asks for hundreds. How do you successfully transfer stat weights over there?

Nekkk Has it hit on the head...however I have been having problems with RAWR and fire mages/spriests.....It may just be my version.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 09:11 AM ----------

Edit: I just see that he stated the problems with RAWR....over evaluation of haste, and I have not been able to figure out how to set a cap/weights.

I'm having a hard time using Sincraft.
    I Simulate stuff. but i cant find where it tells me my rotation or what i should change on gear

Quote Originally Posted by redondinha View Post
    I'm having a hard time using Sincraft.
    I Simulate stuff. but i cant find where it tells me my rotation or what i should change on gear
    It doesn't. You tell it the gear to use and the rotation to use and it will tell you an estimate of the DPS you're expected to do. Then switch around gear and rotations and do it again to see what setups gives you the highest DPS.

The action lists are confusing, so it might be best to not touch those and just use the defaults rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkoby View Post
    For reforgelite we have an area to put the stat weights but my stat weights have decimals and reforgelite asks for hundreds. How do you successfully transfer stat weights over there?
    Just move the decimal point over two. 3.13 and 1.76 would convert to 313 and 176 and be exactly the same weighting. Just make sure you move all decimals the same number of places.

379ilvl doing around 30 k on LFR fights... Like morchok and yorsaj. 27on hagara, is it good?
    Sorry about the "retarded style" but i NEVER played as a mae. So i have like, no clue about whats good and whats fail...