Wind Serpant/Dragonhawk debuff on Ultraxion

Hello hunters! I wandered over here to see if any you know anything about why sometimes Wind Serpents and Dragonhawks seem to be unable to apply their debuff to Ultraxion. The hunter in my 10 man says it never works, I have talked to others who say it always works (though it is possible they might just not notice it isn't up maybe), and still others who say sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Any info would be grand, especially if any of you happen to know how this issue can be avoided

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonhawks and windserpents debuff is bugged atm. Make him macro it to steady/cobra shot and it shouldn't be a problem.

#showtooltip steady shot
    /use 10
    /cast steady shot
    /use lightning breath

This is the macro i use on my hunter the /use 10 is for my engi gloves

either have to click to use it your self or make a macro

The pet got some priority for each spell e.g. wich spell to use when X amount of focus.
    For some reason the fire breath / lightning breath are pretty low on the list.

I have it on autocast and bound behind CS and AS so the uptime is as good as possible.

Oh, well that certainly seems much more straight forward and easy than I was expecting

Thanks, I'll ask him to give this a try tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaw View Post
    The pet got some priority for each spell e.g. wich spell to use when X amount of focus.
    For some reason the fire breath / lightning breath are pretty low on the list.
    I've seen that explanation before but I don't buy it.

Lightning Breath costs NO focus. There are many occasions where the pet isn't casting Bite or Wolverine Bite, but it's not casting Lightning Breath. Also, it only happens on the one boss.

I have seen reports of this not working on Ragnaros either, which leads me to think it's down to crazy hitbox sizes (the ones where the pet and melee can stand about 15 yards from the boss and still melee it). If I could be bothered, I'd go test it on Al'Akir as well, as I've a feeling we'd see the same thing there.

I think casting it manually works because it forces the pet to reposition itself to the correct range to be able to cast it. I'll test this next time.
    Last edited by Blackmist; 2012-01-13 at 09:46 AM.

It's a weird hitbox issue. If you tell the pet to attack Ultraxion, it flies forward then stops really far out such that the pet isn't close enough to use the debuff even though it can melee and use its other abilities. Before the fight starts, tell your pet to move closer to the edge of the platform and when you tell it to attack it will stay there, it should put the debuff up immediately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like my pet was applying Lightning Breath just fine last night (click buffs cast)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9431&e=9626

After second look, it was applied 5 times.. So 5 times @ 45 sec debuff, this only adds up to 2.25 minutes of the 3.15 minute duration of the fight.. So maybe I need to add lightning breath to my macros!
    Last edited by Ignorance; 2012-01-13 at 05:17 PM.

I had this problem as well on the boss and found out it was a pet position problem. I move him to the very front edge of the platform nearest to the boss before the fight starts and then he always uses his lightening breath just like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by HazeDust View Post
    I had this problem as well on the boss and found out it was a pet position problem. I move him to the very front edge of the platform nearest to the boss before the fight starts and then he always uses his lightening breath just like normal.
    This. The first time I noticed my wind serp wasn't debuffing ultrax I used the pet position skill and walked him to the edge of the platform and he began debuffing as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    This. The first time I noticed my wind serp wasn't debuffing ultrax I used the pet position skill and walked him to the edge of the platform and he began debuffing as normal.
    Does this happen to fix the rabid bug too or no?

Quote Originally Posted by cganz View Post
    Does this happen to fix the rabid bug too or no?
    I'm not familiar with the rabid bug but if it's Ultraxion-specific it probably will

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are Wind Serpents/Dragonhawks preferred on this fight? Higher DPS than cat or wolf?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandtiger View Post
    Are Wind Serpents/Dragonhawks preferred on this fight? Higher DPS than cat or wolf?
    It is not about pet DPS (which is EXACTLY the same within tenacity, ferocity or cunning family, btw) but rather about which buff/debuff is missing. If you raid misses the 8% magical damage taken debuff and already have a DK, warrior Battle Shout or a shaman with Strength of the Earth Totem, then wind serpent/Dragonhawk is the preferred pet

Get RaidCheckList addon to know which pet you should bring for your specific raid comp

I don't have to worry about it cause we have a lock in raid ATM, but thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    It is not about pet DPS (which is EXACTLY the same within tenacity, ferocity or cunning family, btw) but rather about which buff/debuff is missing. If you raid misses the 8% magical damage taken debuff and already have a DK, warrior Battle Shout or a shaman with Strength of the Earth Totem, then wind serpent/Dragonhawk is the preferred pet

Get RaidCheckList addon to know which pet you should bring for your specific raid comp
    Pet dps isn't exactly the same in all 3 trees... Ferocity pet talents will yield higher pet dps than a tenacity pet could.

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    Pet dps isn't exactly the same in all 3 trees... Ferocity pet talents will yield higher pet dps than a tenacity pet could.
    Even I could understand what he ment with my crappy english, the key word is "within".