Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Spine 10HC trinket question

    Me and my guild started to progress on spine heroic the other night and we had a discussion about caster trinkets. I already know that The bottle of wishes trinket is the best for this fight however I don't have enough vp to buy it yet so I was wondering if Soul Casket is also good due to a lot of mastery and almost 2k SP. However if I would get soul casket I dont know which trinket should I replace? Im currently using 390 WoU and Moonwell Chalice.
    Any ideas?

    My armory if you need it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADcon/advanced

  2. #2
    I'm not at spine myself, but I'd think that Chalice and WoU are both pretty good for the burst.

  3. #3
    who told you the bottle was good?

    its terribad......

    no passive int, no int proc.... as per usual melee get double value from their VP trinket.

    both the LFR trinkets are better! Firelands trinkets are better, even the Foul Gift 378 from Well of Eternity 5man is better than Bottled Wishes

    stick with the WoU and Chalice, until you see a reg DS trinket or better.

    do not buy Bottled Wishes unless you have excess VP and are replacing 359s
    even then, i wouldnt bother if the 359 is DMC:V
    Last edited by reverendball; 2012-01-03 at 12:47 PM.

  4. #4
    Yeah im not sure who told you that Bottle was good...anywhere...but yeah it's pretty horrible. I would use DMC:V over that. With the trinkets you have listed I would go with WoU and Moonwell Chalice, as the poster above also suggested. Do not use Soul Casket or Bottle of Wishes. Just don't.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Avalya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    613
    Not sure if you realise that he said they're progressing heroic Spine, which means one thing: on-demand burst. That's the only thing you need from your DPS - nuking the tendons and then just casually DPS and AOE down the adds.

  6. #6
    It's got a massive on use SP bonus for the tendons. Specifically for this fight, I'd say it's pretty good.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aendorth View Post
    It's got a massive on use SP bonus for the tendons. Specifically for this fight, I'd say it's pretty good.
    Int > SP....always.

  8. #8
    If you can show me a trinket that gives you better ON DEMAND DPS FOR A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME then I'll stfu.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aendorth View Post
    If you can show me a trinket that gives you better ON DEMAND DPS FOR A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME then I'll stfu.
    For Arcane? I'd say MWC would be better.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    who told you the bottle was good?

    its terribad......

    no passive int, no int proc.... as per usual melee get double value from their VP trinket.

    both the LFR trinkets are better! Firelands trinkets are better, even the Foul Gift 378 from Well of Eternity 5man is better than Bottled Wishes

    stick with the WoU and Chalice, until you see a reg DS trinket or better.

    do not buy Bottled Wishes unless you have excess VP and are replacing 359s
    even then, i wouldnt bother if the 359 is DMC:V
    I dont know if you know the mechanics of spine heroic. You have 20 seconds to burn down 12.5M HP of the burning tendos in 2 goes so the bottled wishes is amazing trinket for this fight due to massive amount of haste (460) and 2.3k sp on use.

    Anyhoo, does anyone know if Soul Casket is worth getting as an alternative of bottled wishes?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Seephero View Post
    I dont know if you know the mechanics of spine heroic. You have 20 seconds to burn down 12.5M HP of the burning tendos in 2 goes so the bottled wishes is amazing trinket for this fight due to massive amount of haste (460) and 2.3k sp on use.

    Anyhoo, does anyone know if Soul Casket is worth getting as an alternative of bottled wishes?
    Chalice is still better for arcane burst.

  12. #12
    Unless it's different on 10 man or you go really slow, Chalice is not up for every burn phase, while Bottled Wishes is. It becomes even more of an advantage to use Bottled Wishes if you are engineering.

  13. #13
    Soul Casket, Jeweled Serpent (JC trink), and even Sorrowsong (paired with an on use trink, by killing a blood before the tendon is up to get the bonus) could be a good ghetto trinket for spine.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    Int > SP....always.
    "on demand SP" > "Passive INT proc" when you need high burst during short periods of time during an encounter, which Heroic Spine is a perfect example of.

  15. #15
    I'd personally go with bottled wishes over MWC, mainly because it's a 90sec CD
    I haven't done any calculations on this, but 2519sp should outrank 1700 mastery, even if the duration is 5 sec shorter.
    Haste might be better than mastery for short non-BL bursts, which would make Bottled wishes even better.
    Engineers should definitely go for bottled wishes.

  16. #16
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    21
    I don't agree with some here saying chalice > bottled wishes. On heroic spine, you shouldn't rely on a proc (DMC:V) and should go for a use of intell (bottled wishes) instead of a use of mastery (chalice). Just my opinion though, but we got the 12th Hspine down with 3 arcanes mages (with bottled wishes). We even compared the burst of Bottled Wishes vs Chalice during progress. BW won

  17. #17
    Any testing of how the Rune of Zeth compares? Crit Rating and 1277 Intellect on use versus Haste Rating and 2290 Spell Power.

    With some napkin math using a 5.0 scale factor for intellect and a 3.5 scale factor for spell power (typical for an arcane mage I think).

    Rune of Zeth: 5.0 * 1277 = 6385
    Bottled Wishes: 3.5 * 2290 = 8015

    For valor point strapped mages it seems Rune of Zeth would work pretty well. Though Bottled Wishes maybe being better overall considering on use intellect could negatively screw with Arcane's mastery. Anyone actually compared the two?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayrubine View Post
    I don't agree with some here saying chalice > bottled wishes. On heroic spine, you shouldn't rely on a proc (DMC:V) and should go for a use of intell (bottled wishes) instead of a use of mastery (chalice). Just my opinion though, but we got the 12th Hspine down with 3 arcanes mages (with bottled wishes). We even compared the burst of Bottled Wishes vs Chalice during progress. BW won
    Bottled Wishes doesn't have on-use Intellect, it has on-use Spellpower. You'd think that after rigorous testing, a fact like that would be simple to remember.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    422
    Int Procs scale with Kings/MotW?! Nevertheless I also use MWC.
    Fire Mage 14/14H 10+25m <Integrity> @ EU-Eredar

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Bottled Wishes doesn't have on-use Intellect, it has on-use Spellpower. You'd think that after rigorous testing, a fact like that would be simple to remember.
    love it when swizzle owns mages

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •