Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    So I was wondering, will we be able to switch one character from PvE to structured PvP, and other way around?
    In Guild Wars, you can play whatever you like. Each character can do whatever you feel like doing with it. If you enter structured PvP, your gear will be equalized so no one is stronger than the other. If the match is over, you get your original gear back.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

That`s what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    In Guild Wars, you can play whatever you like. Each character can do whatever you feel like doing with it. If you enter structured PvP, your gear will be equalized so no one is stronger than the other. If the match is over, you get your original gear back.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP
    Going to add on this a bit, when you join pvp it is like you are the highest level. You have high level gear, weapons, and all the spells. When you do pvp you actually earn experience for your character so you don't even have to pve to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Going to add on this a bit, when you join pvp it is like you are the highest level. You have high level gear, weapons, and all the spells. When you do pvp you actually earn experience for your character so you don't even have to pve to level up.
    I don't think it has been mentioned weather or not PvP will grant experience. Don't quote me on this. However don't worry too much about leveling, levels are less impactful on guild wars 2 then other games because of the sidekick system.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sidekick
    Just play the game and the levels come to you!

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Dynamic event nearby: "nurse the baby". Different ways to complete: throw away dirty diapers, collect milk from cows and craft toys from wood". What's that about not benefiting gameplay Mif?^^
    My joke... it is ruined...
    Last edited by zito; 2012-01-04 at 11:22 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There is a new system called the sidekick system, where you can choose a friend and jump to his/her level weather it be up or down.
    not quite exactly:

PvE scaling:
    upscaling: you are lv1, your friend is lv.67.
    The only way to scale up to his level -> you have to group him so that he scales you up to his level.
    downscaling: you are lv.77
    The only way to scale down -> You visit a lower level area. The game scales you to the max. level of this area. (e.g. starter-area lv.1-10 --> you are scaled to lv.10). Stats and Weapon strength is scaled down.

PvP scaling:
    upscaling: you will be automatically scaled up to lv.80 (in structured PvP & in World-PvP)
    -) in WvWvW you still have the same skills (not as much as a max. level player for sure), the same armor. Your character-stats get scaled up so that you get similar stats as a max. level player.
    -) in structured PvP you keep only race & profession (your look), armor will probably be a map-specific one (or bought by "glory"-points you earn in PvP)
    downscaling: there is none in PvP

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sidekick

the green numbers here show your effective level:

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-04 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    snip
    Thats the more detailed version that puts me to shame yes.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I can't wait to try all the clothes in this game :s

Q: Will I be able to turn off shoulder pads?

Who ever thought that looks attractive? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I can't wait to try all the clothes in this game :s

Q: Will I be able to turn off shoulder pads?

Who ever thought that looks attractive? >.>
    Meh, I don't mind small shoulders, it's the increasingly enormous crap that Wow has that I have a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Out of curiosity, are there love interest options kind of like Bioware games, Elder scrolls, Fable etc?
    A tricky question
    I think I read about this, where "no" was the answer... it's hard to find the source for this.

look at this:
    Will we be able to develop different kinds of relationships with NPCs, like friendships, rivalries, familial ties, and romances in personal stories?

Yes! You can be friendly to some NPCs, and mean to others; you can have a certain ally join your charr warband, and not another, and this may decide which NPC considers you to be a friend and which becomes a rival. Such choices will permanently affect your character and their story. That said, we try to leave a lot of room for such ‘personal’ commitments in story to be entirely a player’s choice. No storyline will hinge on you falling in love (or not) with an NPC. If you aren’t interested, it won’t affect whether you can continue the story, or whether your character will be successful overall.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/ree-soesbe...nal-storylines
    not a answer to your question but it shows some kind of relationships in the game

Eurogamer: Will we be able to develop romantic relationships with AI characters?

Colin Johanson: Ha. There are some [non-player characters] who might get romantically attached to your player. They may love your character so much they start following you around. We want to make really strong emotional bonds between you and the characters in the game world. That's really important to us. If you want to tell a great story you need to have compelling characters and great interaction with them. We've tried to make sure that element is there all the way through the game. You are going to have interactions with important NPCs and you'll develop relationships with them. And those relationships will change entirely based on choices you make when you're playing through your storyline.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gu...terview?page=2
    so there are characters that can fall in love with you, but I think it's not like you meant.

...In the local tavern I met what could potentially be a love interest, and what was most definitely a rival...
    http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/111/1113687p1.html
    looks like an interpretation from the ign-author to me

so I would guess (based on what I think I heard) the answer is "no, not like in the games you mentioned"

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 01:23 AM ----------

me too

in WvWvW (World PvP):
    -) you have the same gear you had in PvE
    -) your character & weapon-stats get sidekicked up to max.level
    -) you earn experience (so you can level your character in WvWvW only, just to max.level)
    -) you have the same skills you had before in PvE

in structured PvP
    -) we don't know if we earn experience (please source, if you know more than me)
    -) equipment gets normalized (you probably get a map-specific armor, not sure on this)
    -) you get all skills (so everyone is equal)
    -) all have the same level
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-05 at 12:33 AM.

I have one, does anybody know if the gear in pvp can look like gear you earned in pve or only your pvp reward gear?

Deleted
    I have one, does anybody know if the gear in pvp can look like gear you earned in pve or only your pvp reward gear?
    "For competitive PvP it’s not going to include any power advancement, it’s going to include cosmetic advancement. So you’ll earn Glory in PvP and then you’ll use that to buy super cool armor. All PvP players start out with the exact same, low-level looking armor. It’s all statistically the same, but then as you gain Glory you can be like, OK now I have this badass armor, and people will know that guy is really good because he has that super awesome armor."

This hints that if you join PvP, your gear will look like your Pvp gear but there is no news about PvE skins in PvP or the other way around. This quote only hints that PvP means PvP skins.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/103799/page/3

--SNIP--
    Look at her neck, lol.

Looks like it was made in paint D:

Guild membership is account wide, and you can add as many guilds as you like. You will be able to choose, at any time and on any character, which guild chat you are viewing and what guilds you are currently affiliated with.
    So any guild member can view each other's characters? That's unacceptable.

How many characters can 1 account have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So any guild member can view each other's characters? That's unacceptable.

How many characters can 1 account have?
    Tackhisis trolling again?!

where did I write this?? the only thing we know so far:
    Only people that have you on their friend and/or guild list can see your achievement score.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...65#post1026165
    You will be able to choose, at any time and on any character, which guild chat you are viewing and what guilds you are currently affiliated with.
    source: above

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the characters from my guild, in WoW you could inspect everyone (via armory) and I loved it. It's easy to disable this function, from a technical standpoint, too.

about the character slots:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane Lo Presti
    We have not yet finalized the number of character slots that will be available on release of Gw2. This is something we'll reveal when we get closer to the final release of the game after our BETA process has been completed.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...4&postcount=66