Poll: Did Blizzard lie about how difficult it is for them to identify talent specs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tbh everything is almost possible, their just not gonna put in the time to design if they have to and then make it put in and make sure nothing else breaks. theres excuses for them to NOT have to spend money on things they know they can get away with and make more money, its how it works tbh.

i think that people are confusing "spec" (your talent choice) and "role" (tank, damage, or healer)

its easy to confuse the two because most of the time they go hand in hand, but the real problems with the loot system are those places where they DONT.

for example, when im playing on my warrior as a DPS, the system already is successful in that i wont get the role bonus on tanking gear.

but on my shaman DPSing as Enhancement, i can role on "healer" mail gear and still get the role bonus because healer gear is also Elemental shaman gear, which is also a dps spec. the game recognizes that i am DPS, but it doesnt recognize what kind of DPS (in this case Enhancement rather than Elemental)

its clear the game mechanics can detect your "role", as shown by the examples in the OP. but i cant offhand think of any examples of it specifically figuring out your spec.
    Last edited by FiveOneTwo; 2012-01-03 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    I am 100% certain that they can implement this into the loot system whenever they choose.
    I am 100% certain that doing so will require some development time on their part, likely due to coding issues between the very old loot system and very new role-check system.

It's simply a matter of whether they decided to use a portion of their finite development time and resources into making it happen. Clearly they did not and have not as of yet. Why they chose to not do this and when/if they will do it is purely a matter of speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Another case may be the fact that the rolling module or class is 7 years old, where the role checking class is more recent, and perhaps be completely incompatible with each other or written in different languages, even still, seems like it still shouldn't be a problem with some minor tweaking.
    This part of your statement in incorrect because the rolling module was not part of classic WoW and I remember clearly having to make a /roll 100 macro so I could roll on loot back in the day. The need/greed rolling module was not adding into the game until patch 1.9 if I remember right (only had up to patch 1.12 because BC came out).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    You should have stopped thinking about it two weeks ago when this was fixed instead of posting a QQ thread today.

Blue posts said very specifically they wanted to rush LFR into patch 4.3 and did it regardless of few bugs it still had.
    Fixed? WTH you talking about. Is NOT fixed. Is partially fixed but not fully fixed. Even with the class restrictions we still see the following problems:
    ele shaman (DPS role) needing on agil items and getting the 100+ roll bonus.
    kitties (DPS role) rolling on caster DPS trinkets/rings/weps and get the 100+roll bonus. And to roll on any +spirit item (neck, ring, leather) and get the 100+ bonus too.
    Ret pallies (DPS role) needing on caster rings/necks and get the 100+ role bonus.

Half of the problem was fixed, but the system is still broken.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    4.3 was definitely rushed out. There's no question about it. It was released as a marketing decision and nothing else.

As for the "wrong" class or specs rolling on items, it's their fault being lazy and not labeling items properly. You can create a simple-ass checking system like this:

(Checks the item)
    Item in question has X stat. 1 (Item has agility. Rogue/hunter/shaman/druid)
    Item in question has X type. 2 (Item is mail. hunter/shaman)

(Checks the player)
    Player in question is X role. 3 (Item requires dps. Player 1 is dps. Player 2 is dps)
    Player in question is X spec. 4 (Item requires primary stat of agility. Player 1 is Survival (agility). Player 2 is Elemental (intellect).)

If player in question meets values 1-4, they may need on the item and gain a 100 bonus to their roll.
    If player in question meets values 1-3, they may need on the item.

They are just being lazy and not labeling the items properly. Just get one or two people to do it, and they'll get it done. If they can't get it done, they don't deserve the job.

I mean really, what the fuck is PTR for. If you say any reason other than the obvious one, then that's just more reason for blizzard to remove it.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.