Tips for demo on Madness normal?

Hey there im just looking for some tips for madness of deathwing normal mode. i know what im doing in general and i understand the fight ect, i was just wondering if there are any neat tricks i had not thought of to push my performance further? maybe a different talent point placement yields more dps on madness or maybe different glyphs?

everything and anything could be useful please!
    i have only had like 3 pulls on madness normal mode and i was playing affliction before but not im playing demo and have not yet tried demo on it.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 06:38 PM ----------

bumpedy bump

The real question is, do you want to help the raid more, or pad the meters? Because there is actually a big difference when it comes to this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    The real question is, do you want to help the raid more, or pad the meters? Because there is actually a big difference when it comes to this fight.
    well for both?

To my own chagrin, I've found it useful to pet swap to the Felguard for quick AOE on the Regenerative Bloods. Summon your hatchetman 4 seconds before they appear and make use of that Felstorm; letting them heal more than once wastes precious time, and you want to strive for 0 heals. Don't bother multi-dotting the bloods, just start using Hellfire right away.

As Deathwing starts casting Cataclysm, trigger Meta + Felguard DS (+MWC), Soulburn out the Felhunter, and proceed with the destruction of his limb tentacle.

i do exactly what keldion just said and it seems to work. only problem is when u run outa soul shards

my suggestion if the group is struggling on the 4th platform save a soul shard for that platform so u can insta-summon a felhunter. then just keep that felhunter out for the rest of the fight.

if you pop all cds at the start of the fight you will have them ready for the 1st cataclysm. (2 metas on the first platform is very nice) then you will have them ready again for the 2nd cataclysm. then you will have them ready for the 3rd cataclysm, and finally 4th cata.

i have heard of locks using 3 doomgaurds on this fight. (more to pad meters then help raid im guessing)

You can drain soul the tentacles and replenish your shards so that should be a nonissue. Depending on how your group does platforms theres an easy way to "pad" if you stand on the top left hand of green you can actually keep full dots rolling on yellow while dpsing green platform. The same goes for the top right of red if you kill it second. Doomguard the start of the pull and depending on how long your fight lasts you can use it 1-2 more times in the fight. When the bloods spawn if you have meta up you can immo aura/demon leap/shadowflame/hellfire them. Otherwise just shadowflame hellfire. Although hellfire won't proc spellweave but i believe both seed of corruption and rain of fire do.

I also use Drain Soul on the 1st and 3rd platforms as Deathwing is casting Cataclysm. Save it for the last scraps of the tentacle's HP, 5% or less.

Just cast drain soul on arms, wings or big tentacles 0.00000000001 sec before it dies and you get 3 shards

BRILLIANT! very nice idea

I wouldn't use Hellfire on regenerative bloods personally, but rather either RoF or SoC-- Hellfire doesn't proc spellweaving.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

Assuming you're working on pure helping the raid basis I've found that me and one other member are able to do bloods completely alone as long as blue is alive if I save my cds for blood spawning on every platform.

It will make your overall dps appear somewhat slacking unfortunately as you'll have a very decent amount of itme that you could be using cds that you don't, my raid understands that I'm providing an enormous benefit by doing so though especially on the final platform.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I wouldn't use Hellfire on regenerative bloods personally, but rather either RoF or SoC-- Hellfire doesn't proc spellweaving.
    This post suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    This post suggests otherwise.
    That just says to me it procs from Shadowflame (which it does) >.>

I've never seen it proc from Hellfire though, and I've heard many similar reports. It's possible I'm totally off-base here, but that would also mean I have some just horrendous luck.
    Last edited by Beskar; 2012-01-03 at 09:31 PM.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

drain soul and using an aoe other than hellfire as demo?... is this accurate?

drain soul and using an aoe other than hellfire as demo?... is this accurate?

Just cast drain soul on arms, wings or big tentacles 0.00000000001 sec before it dies and you get 3 shards
    You're not channeling it, just getting the shards.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

As for shards and drain soul, i'm quite astonished when i read the comments !
    If a spell is not in the "rotation" it does not mean it should never be used.
    Please use drain soul on whatever is almost dead, on any fight, on any spec, if you need shards

Same, why not use death coil while moving ? Self heal for the win.
    Or even Rain of fire to aoe as demo instead of hellfire, on chogal's blood for example, to not get hit if you shouldn't !

There is some need to think about what you do, when and how.
    Playing is not "mindlessly pushing the rights keys" .
    It's far more important than anything else.

Deleted
    This thread posted earlier is a good tip to get the last platform down faster.

Plus, you should be able to squeeze in 2 DGs if i am correct

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ose-struggling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    This thread posted earlier is a good tip to get the last platform down faster.

Plus, you should be able to squeeze in 2 DGs if i am correct

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ose-struggling.
    With 2 piece T13 you can pop a DG every 6 minutes. My 10m currently does a kill in 11 minutes, so any group a bit slower or still learning can have a lock pop 3 of them bad boys during the fight. I would assume heroic mode will have plenty of time for 3 DG's as well.

Drain Soul to get Shards, after one or two pulls you should be comfortable with the amount of shards youre able to get and use them Every CD...
    Popping Meta and Felhunter when DPS matters is a gogo, manage your CD's.

Learning a fight is not always about tactics its also about learning when to pop CD's. It might take some time to get to a point where you think, Okay if i blow every CD now they are back up when X happens and thats when i need them.
    If you feel like your dps is too low you could try going Destro. It helps alot on Single target and with Bane of Double dmg (shit did it again forgot the name)
    you can pop a lil bit extra dps. But your raid DPS will be lower.
    Its up to you and your Raidleader to decide in what way you will be needed. In any way getting some extra soulshards doesnt hurt and will give you some extra dps