Thread: Explosive Shot

Explosive Shot

Heyo,

I have been looking through various Ultraxion logs (mainly my own) and have noticed quite a fluctuation on the damage (average) of Explosive Shot, on some kills the average damage of Explosive Shot have been as low as 10.9k non-crits and up as high as 12.7k non-crits.

So my question is, what actually affects the damage of Explosive Shot? The following buffs are the only ones that affect Explosive Shot to my knowledge.

- RAP (Agi/str buff, 10% ap, etc)
    - 8% Magic
    - Mastery

So am I missing something? Or is it just a bad case of RNG (though I didn't think Weapon Damage affected Explosive Shot)

www .worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1ew9pldy1771h7u8/details/8/?s=4098&e=4346 (10.7k)
    www .worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rnc76mje047o2gp8/details/16/?s=354&e=653 (11.8k)
    Last edited by Kevybevy; 2012-01-03 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    Look at the tooltips from Wowhead and you will learn a lot.

This is what it says when i drag it to lvl 85: You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing RAP*0.273+448 Fire damage. The charge will blast the target every second for an additional 2 sec.

Your stats are not static. Trinkets, procs, pet abilities, stacking buffs, applied debuffs all affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Your stats are not static. Trinkets, procs, pet abilities, stacking buffs, applied debuffs all affect it.
    Trinkets, procs, pet abilities, stacking buffs (I guess you are speaking about trinket from Spine and staff from Madness, right? - that all is included in RAP.

The only thing that is not constant during that fight that affects ES damage is your AP (assuming you dont have any mastery proccing trinket, dont drink mastery pot or dont have some weird gear that increases your damage done - think T10)
    Spell damage taken debuff, STR/AGI buff, 10%AP, 5% stats should not change during the fight.