View Poll Results: How did you read it?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Correctly

    84 49.41%
  • Incorrectly

    86 50.59%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Cool You this read wrong.

    Did you? Be honest

  2. #2
    yes i did

    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

  3. #3
    I read it correctly, sadly because it's written in fail.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    yes i did

    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
    As he said, words being jumbled doesn't read the same as letters being jumbled. I read it correctly, the title that is, and when I glanced at what I quoted, I read about half through it before realizing what the hell was happening.
    Bleh

  5. #5
    I read it as "You read this wrong" a good twice before I noticed the error. d'oh >.<

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    As he said, words being jumbled doesn't read the same as letters being jumbled. I read it correctly, the title that is, and when I glanced at what I quoted, I read about half through it before realizing what the hell was happening.
    unless you're a slow reader you skim over most of the WORDS too. same thing here. you see a group of words and your brain arranges them into a logical combination based on what you've seen before

    the trick to speed reading is to train yourself to ignore the words in a book that really don't help tell the story. it's like mentally going through with a highlighter and picking out what matters while you read.

    his title was the same

    you

    read

    wrong

    that's all your brain needs

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,059
    I saw "you read this wrong"

  8. #8
    Dreadlord chalmerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    897
    I was hoping for some big statement asking us to look for mistakes or whatever, didn't realise the title was the mistake.
    'Mon the Scots!

  9. #9
    The Patient Garretdejiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wasteland
    Posts
    347
    Spurdo spardo

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arena, tryharding for Gladiator
    Posts
    1,271
    I think the options are a bit vague...

    I read it as "You this read wrong", but if I vote correctly it means I did indeed read this wrong, but if I vote incorrectly means "I this read wrong."

    You get my idea?
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  11. #11
    I misread the title once as I was skimming the new forum posts, then when I noticed the thread looked interesting I noticed the mistake.

  12. #12
    I read it as "You read this wrong". On the second pass, I saw the correct order of "You this read wrong".
    On a related note, there's a sign in one of the malls I sometimes go to that says "Shoplifters will be prosecuted". For some reason I ALWAYS read it as "Prosecutors will be shoplifted" on first glance. I don't know why.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I read it as "You read this wrong" a good twice before I noticed the error. d'oh >.<
    Same here. Only after reading the Cambridge University paragraph did I realize what it was
    Huh, wha-, you want me to come closer? Oh, you don't wanna fight anymore? Oh, your hands are up there almost like you're beggin'... beggin' for a little piece of Boba... Yeah, ya like that, don't ya? You like it, 'cause you're bad... oh, yeah... you dirty, little smuggler...

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral chemicader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Spurdo spardo
    /facepalm.. please dont spread that here.
    It is true your mind "corrects" a text for you if it is written wrong.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...time-with-lore 4th specs from a pure lore standpoint.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post17518830 Read / Add your ideas for new endgame formats/variables.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I read it as "You read this wrong" a good twice before I noticed the error. d'oh >.<
    ^ D:
    10 chars

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    yes i did

    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
    Aocicrdng to rarceehcsh at Crmbadgie usivrteiny, it dnsoe't mtetar waht odrer teh ltetres in a wrod are.... etc etc etc

    See how more difficult it gets the more you jumble around the letters? Plus the above paragraph uses too many small words. Yes, your brain can reconstruct sentences following logical patterns but to an extent. If I take a random paragraph from a book, you have NO context of what you are reading and randomize the letters, you will NOT understand anything. The whole "Cambridge research" is just an urban legend as far as I am aware.

  17. #17
    Brewmaster Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arena, tryharding for Gladiator
    Posts
    1,271
    Nvm I get it now. Nvm my previous statement.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  18. #18
    Yeah, I tend to read fast, so I this read wrong.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    I think the options are a bit vague...

    I read it as "You this read wrong", but if I vote correctly it means I did indeed read this wrong, but if I vote incorrectly means "I this read wrong."

    You get my idea?
    Lol yea i realized that, oops.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    unless you're a slow reader you skim over most of the WORDS too. same thing here. you see a group of words and your brain arranges them into a logical combination based on what you've seen before
    I'm one of the fastest readers I know, and the first thing I thought when I read the header was "is he trying to be funny or what?".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •