2T13 ret for PvP. Yes or no?

When i saw T13 bonuses before 4.3 went live, i was sure, that every ret pala in pvp will want to get it. TBH i was even hopeing that blizz will change 4S11 bonus to give the same effect as 2T13. And a lot of ppl where talking about how 2T13 will be good for pvp. Now 4.3 is live, new season is going on. Personaly i didnt have time to sort out my gear or play some ret pvp. But i took a look at few high rated ret palas in 3v3, and it looks like 9 out of 10 rets use normla, full pvp gear. So, my question is, what do u think about 2T13 for pvp ret, and why it didnt get as popular as i was sure it will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgard View Post
    When i saw T13 bonuses before 4.3 went live, i was sure, that every ret pala in pvp will want to get it. TBH i was even hopeing that blizz will change 4S11 bonus to give the same effect as 2T13. And a lot of ppl where talking about how 2T13 will be good for pvp. Now 4.3 is live, new season is going on. Personaly i didnt have time to sort out my gear or play some ret pvp. But i took a look at few high rated ret palas in 3v3, and it looks like 9 out of 10 rets use normla, full pvp gear. So, my question is, what do u think about 2T13 for pvp ret, and why it didnt get as popular as i was sure it will.
    I can't really answear that for you, since I don't play in the 2.2k+ brackets right now, but I'm using the t13 2 set atm. At least I feel less worthless outside of my cooldowns, and it's easier to throw wogs on my partner when they're really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgard View Post
    Probably because Ret is still usually the main kill target.

I get focused a lot when I go into any kind of PvP. That Resil is just too worth it atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I get focused a lot when I go into any kind of PvP. That Resil is just too worth it atm.
    This ^, so so much. The main stay tactic when facing any team with a ret paladin is to tunnel them right off the bat so they have to blow CD's, then wait for CD's to wear off then do it again which leads to a dead ret paladin.

This is because paladins, ret more so then others is extremely dependent on CD's & doesn't have much in the was of passive survivability (things like blood craze, blood thirst, second wind, recuperate, siphon life etc...) and has very little in the way of CC to stop people from hammering on them since both their stun & ranged sap can be dispelled.

This is why the 4 piece bonus is a must because it gives you damn near 1k extra resilience.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Im using it in 2200 arenas but only because i play 3 dps setup. I use it in 2k rated 2v2 with 2 dps too and it is so much worth it for that purpose. I don't think you could use it on ret/dps/healer comps because i lose around 600 resi for it.

But it just feels so right. It feels like this is how ret should feel in pvp and i still hope they could put it on the pvp set bonus un 4.3.2. Im never starved for holy power and getting HoPo from a ranged distace is amazing. I can't play with full pvp set anymore because it feels terrible after using the 2pc bonus for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    Im using it in 2200 arenas but only because i play 3 dps setup. I use it in 2k rated 2v2 with 2 dps too and it is so much worth it for that purpose. I don't think you could use it on ret/dps/healer comps because i lose around 600 resi for it.

But it just feels so right. It feels like this is how ret should feel in pvp and i still hope they could put it on the pvp set bonus un 4.3.2. Im never starved for holy power and getting HoPo from a ranged distace is amazing. I can't play with full pvp set anymore because it feels terrible after using the 2pc bonus for a while.
    While it's true that it will be an improvement in MOP to have judgment create a charge of holy power I still wouldn't go so far to say the design for ret has suddenly become "Good" because it still has allot of flaws, especially when you compare it to others.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

is the resil loss worth the extra holy power generation ? granted you also trade 1 second of judgements which could be seen as damage being slower as well but is the extra holy power worth the 600 ish resil loss ? anyone actually played with trading out pieces ? like i was looking at running helm and shoulders and enchanting the str resil

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    While it's true that it will be an improvement in MOP to have judgment create a charge of holy power I still wouldn't go so far to say the design for ret has suddenly become "Good" because it still has allot of flaws, especially when you compare it to others.
    I would not either. And i don't like the ret design in MoP at all atm because they are not fixing the core issues. But it is so much better to play with a ret that gets holy power from judgement too that i don't want to play the starved version for 6 months or lose 600 resi for it and not be competitive because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    I would not either. And i don't like the ret design in MoP at all atm because they are not fixing the core issues. But it is so much better to play with a ret that gets holy power from judgement too that i don't want to play the starved version for 6 months or lose 600 resi for it and not be competitive because of that.
    If the weapon damage percentages are any indication, Templar's Verdict during Heroism will be very low priority. They need to fix the damage on TV.

15+ Year Old Account
    My limited, terrible PvP experience suggests that it is typically not worth it in Arena (I play Ret Paladin/Holy Paladin 2s as terrible as that is), but worth it in Rated BGs and regular BGs.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Its worth it in a comp where burst>survivability, like trip dps 3s or rbgs with heavier offenses/3 heals. ive run with 2pve(strength) trinkets for as long as I can remember( since pre4.3 we needed more constant dps) so its still the same for me I just swapped in a pvp trinket and only lost about 75resil