Thread: World PVP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Your clip of World PvP is an organized event created by the community on the server that was harassed (and in bad taste I might add) by another organized group.

Blizzard hasn't nerfed the ability for people to have memorial services on PvP servers.

The video you linked did that. All the World PvP hungry people harassing another group shows that even in Vanilla, the community was far from kind.

Tol Barad actually does a pretty good job of replicating the pointless back and forth of giant groups that was SS/TM.
    This is not harassment. This is the age old tradition of Schooling Noobs. Although, as always, DAoC does it with more style:

Pranks like these were what made the interaction between organized groups and the inane masses interesting. E.g. DAoC had porter NPCs in a safe zone that would port you to the random zerg zone. So we used catapults to shoot into the safe zone, pulling the NPC and kiting him through the entire PvP zone with the zerg chasing us.

Things like this are not about "They'll be so mad." but rather "Did we seriously just blow up 40 people?"

Nowadays pretty much everyone is harassing by default because that's the primary, if not the sole purpose of what they do in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Alright, I've seen this all over the internet, and I feel stupid because I'm either not getting something or the subject is starting to dumb me down.

I was looking through the blue post tracker and noticed a blue post made on a thread where someone on a RP server was complaining about the lack of world PVP. Okay, no complaints there. What *really* confuses me is the part where he's saying that you don't get world PVP "unless your on a PVP server".

I know at the end of his post he clarifies that not everyone would like to play on a PVP server, what confuses me is why HE doesn't. I see this over and over again, it's a recurring theme. I started the game years ago, on a PVE server alliance side, so I understand that people would like to see the return of Silithus, EPL, and things of the sort.

What I don't get is that MoP actually looks like it will have pretty good world PVP (from what I've seen so far), *if* you're on a PVP server.

TL;DR - if people want to world PVP so much, why don't they go on a PVP server? I get that right now world PVP is rare even on PVP servers, but it looks like that will at least be fixed in MoP.
    Long time lurker here.

I think World PvP could be greatly improved. I think PvP as a whole could use a little change/overhaul. There's a huge lack of variety in it. Let's take for example, the current battle ground maps that we can choose from. They only introduce a new BG or two with every expac and just leave it at that until the next one comes around. Compare the amount of bg's to the number of raids that players can choose from. They should also introduce a better pvp currency system. The one we have currently is okay, but it can definitely be better. It feels so very limiting with the way things currently are. I'd like to see vendors that accept a specific type of currency only obtainable via killing opposing players, players will be able to purchase different things like mats/armor/pets/pots/foods/etc.

Warsong Gulch/Twin Peaks
    Arathi Basin/Eye of the Storm
    Battle for Gilneas
    AV/IoC
    Strands

Dalaran Arena
    Ring of Valor - dumbest idea for a map that has somehow managed to stay in the game all these years
    Ruins of Lordaeron
    Ring of Trials
    Circle of Blood

There are 8 BG's. Three of which are essentially copies of another, just changed around a bit. Ring of Valor is a terrible arena map. But there's a total of 5 playable arena maps with one being added with MoP. Cata did not come out with one. Now how many raids/heroics are there?

I made a thread about this on the official WoW forums if anyone would like to read it and help me out by posting on it. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881711612#3

But here are some of my suggestions I had mentioned on there

-Add another type of currency to the game that can only be acquired by killing players from the opposing faction. The token should only be able to be looted if the the player is within +/-5 levels. Allow the currency to be traded in for exclusive pvp items, perks (that don't break the game, something like the halloween candy but more pvp oriented wise), mats, potions/food, mounts, pets, gear, new heirlooms, etc. Or even scale up lower level players to match a fair % of health to that of an 85. SW:TOR incorporated this into their battleground system. Low level players could play with max level players. Their stats get boosted so it's even. They're only allowed to use the skills they've unlocked so far. I played quite a few battlegrounds on SW:TOR with my friends who are already level 50. I only got to 22.

-Add "PvP hotspots" that occur randomly over any contested area/zones where factions have to fight to control specific points in the area for a specific amount of time. The longer they hold the spot, the better/bigger their bonuses are. Certain areas could also sport something like King of the Hill, FFA, etc.

-To protect players from getting camped, I think a "dishonorable debuff" or something similar would be useful. Killing a player within a small time frame after they resurrect will cause a player to get a dishonorable debuff that diminishes their honor/currency gain for X amount of minutes. This will atleast allow the player to rebuff/replenish some health/mana instead of just getting farmed the moment they resurrect. Make the "honorless target" buff also prevent players from remounting for X amount of seconds after resurrecting.

-Bring back the wotlk zombie invasion. Wouldn't mind seeing a minigame of some sort where players can either choose to be the defenders or to be a mindless zombie where the purpose of the game is to attack/defend a village or a point in WOTLK.

-Fix horde/alliance imbalances on PvP realms. Seriously, I played on a realm a year ago where we outnumbered alliance nearly 7:1. It was brutal (for them). Players on PvP realms know what they signed up for.

-More guild involvement with PvP related things - Possibly adding the capability of players leveling a guild by strictly pvping. New perks that would benefit players in hotspots or in pvp in general.

-Weekend PvP events consisting of players having to raid opposing faction cities/outposts or killing a specific amount of players to prove their worth. Winning faction can possibly get a 5% bonus to income or to honor gain for the next week for participating in it.
    That's just off the top off my head in a spur of the moment sort of thing. I can imagine if people really sat down and thought up some things they'd like to see, we'd get things rolling.

For starters, things could be a bit more dynamic around WoW. They've already shown that they're capable of doing that with the wotlk zombie event, the demon encounters from BC, the cata events and such. Why not incorporate some PvP into that? It's completely doable.

if you have any ideas or suggestions or criticism please feel free to share it on that forum. i'd really like to get this more attention. countless people have made threads but the majority of them weren't properly done. they mostly went along the lines of "hay we want world pvp bak so bring it back!"

what really irks me is that people who are against it on pvp realms, it makes little sense. you know what you signed up for when you rolled a character on that realm. why complain? you're also aware if you're in a contested territory that pvp may and could happen. its not like you're being cheated or anything.
    Last edited by againstme; 2012-01-12 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Me and my Guild on Tarren Mill eu are currently doing the best we can to get World PVP back up on our server/realm, Back in TBC and Pre TBC world pvp used to be a common thing, a brilliant thing now its just Gone, Bring on world pvp in MoP