Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

You favorite companion ?

One of the most appreciable features of SWTOR is having a handful of crew members to help you in your quests. Depending in your playstyle, or main spec, they're pretty much vital to the success of your galactic missions.

As a Sith Juggernaut, I use Malavai Quinn most of the time, he's a perfect healbot, but he's a stiffy empire patriot, which kinda annoys me..
    I just love how Vette adds humor to dialogues, and the "savage" side of my Dark-side apprentice Jaessa Wilsaam.

If only I could mix Malavai's abilities with Vette's humour and body (the red colored one, perfect for my Zabrak ) and Jaessa's gear and general philosophy..... *sigh*

Which one is your favorite, guys ?

(inb4 Jawastorm, I'm looking at you bounty hunters)

Jedi Consular here, so far there's no companion I like, I got Qyzen & Tharan.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi Consular, love Qyzen. Hate Tharan. Indifferent to Lt Iresso and Zenith. Nadia is okay; guess mostly cause she's my only female companion.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-01-03 at 11:26 AM.

Bowdarr is bad ass, but I think the mandalorian we get later on is awesome to. I'm considering playing another scoundrel to 50 just to try leveling with him/her.

Blizz. <3

10char

Deleted
    Kira is awesome as a Jedi Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Kira is awesome as a Jedi Knight.
    It's a shame my Sentinel's a woman. Still no same-gender romancing right?

Saaaaaad faaaaaace...

Tharan Cedrax. Easily better than Qyzen against harder mobs as he uses holiday (who does a lapdance animation, btw) to CC the mob ("distract/daze"). Allowing you to get behind it to use your most powerful attacks such as Tumult (wheelhouse kick only usable on incapacitated targets) or Deadly Strike(?). He also heals fairly well while dishing out some damage. Holidays vixen attitude in some cutscenes and Cedrax's range in personality makes him much more enjoyable during dialogue scenes too. He will for instance be alot more open to going dark side one moment and lightside the next, depending on what aids you or him the most in staying out of harms way. Qyzen however is so focused on "prey" that it becomes repetitive fairly quickly. Cedrax is a douche and sounds gay with his "Ta-da" and all, but generally he is much better. Holiday is awesome though. Have only encountered Nadia Grell through her first cut scenes and she seems a lot more attractive than I expected from all the feedback on her "do-good" nature.

Cedrax is better even for Infiltration specced Shadows against elite packs as long as you are not afraid to shift between shadow technique and combat technique, imo. Qyzen only shines if you keep his gear heavily updated at all times, he also has a knack for removing your mind maze CC on the target if you forget that he resets his settings and use AoE's on large pulls if you don't check every now and then.

The standard protocol droid you get with the defender class ship as your companion is fairly awesome sometimes. He has a neat voice actor, better than most in the game and comes of with the most hillarious comments to date. Once he is fully armed with weapon and offhand he becomes a healer similar to Cedrax, but without the same neat interrupt/CC but much more armor. Possibly a good choice too.

I will go so far as to say that you should level as a tank when playing shadow from lvl 25 and out for optimal efficientcy and ease. Cedrax is that good. I have heard that Nadia makes for a badass elite dps with some tanking abilities if you gear her for it which will probably be your main choice later on. Including being your padawan and romance option, she will certainly get priority to see if she can tank a mob off me without dying too fast.

So far I think they all have a role to play even in groups where you lack a player. The companions are all somewhat cool.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-03 at 11:49 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

i'm suprised no one said vette yet, i rolled a sith warrior just to see her storyline unfold. shes hilarious, sarcastic and has an awesome sense of humor.

I'd love to see how Jaesa's personality changes when you go dark side, i went light side but had no idea i couldn't romance Jaesa that way:<

As a tropper my fav is M1-4X, that droid is a psychopathic kill machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    I will go so far as to say that you should level as a tank when playing shadow from lvl 25 and out for optimal efficientcy and ease. Cedrax is that good. I have heard that Nadia makes for a badass elite dps with some tanking abilities if you gear her for it which will probably be your main choice later on. Including being your padawan and romance option, she will certainly get priority to see if she can tank a mob off me without dying too fast.
    I'm a healing Jedi Sage, and Qyzen beats Tharan by miles. Concerning Nadia, she won't live if she has aggro - she requires a lot more healing than Qyzen but she does very decent DPS. Has AoE abilities though if you are concerned about CC breaking.

EDIT: Forgot, concering Nadia, she hates Dark Jedi etc. but I am near Dark V and Nadia's affection level to me is almost 9k.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-01-03 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I'm a healing Jedi Sage, and Qyzen beats Tharan by miles. Concerning Nadia, she won't live if she has aggro - she requires a lot more healing than Qyzen but she does very decent DPS. Has AoE abilities though if you are concerned about CC breaking.
    As a healer, aye. I can imagine that! I was talking from a infiltration/tank point of view. Cedrax is easily better against elite mobs and packs with elite mobs. It's just less risk.

Does Nadia have a tanking stance, similar to how Cedrax can go DPS? I know she hates them, got that fed with a teaspoon through the intro scene. Hehe. I only go darkside when I feel it is right characterwise. I don't care about the gear grind so much and let my character's personality guide me. A Shadow infiltration does what he must sometimes for the greater good, but only if there's no better way he can easily spot. I end up 20% darkside compared to my lightside options, almost lightside 3 at 33.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-03 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Has AoE abilities though if you are concerned about CC breaking.
    Not a concern as you can just turn certain abilities off.

My favourite on my Bounty Hunter so far is Mako. I expect Blizz to take top spot once I finish Hoth, but I don't know. Mako's just so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzbert View Post
    Not a concern as you can just turn certain abilities off.

My favourite on my Bounty Hunter so far is Mako. I expect Blizz to take top spot once I finish Hoth, but I don't know. Mako's just so cute!
    Settings reset upon death or resummon of companion. :< Qyzen dies a fair bit against elites you see. That is why I prefer Cedrax in part, it's just less annoying and less risk combat wise. He is also more fun in the story.

Note: Expect Blizz to top the list for everyone, just because of looks.

So far my absolute favourite has been the massive battle droid I got for my trooper.

For a robot he's hilariously enthusiastic about the Republic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The standard protocol droid you get with the defender class ship as your companion is fairly awesome sometimes. He has a neat voice actor, better than most in the game and comes of with the most hillarious comments to date. Once he is fully armed with weapon and offhand he becomes a healer similar to Cedrax, but without the same neat interrupt/CC but much more armor. Possibly a good choice too.
    For republic yeah, he wasnt annoying. But the empire droid repeats the EXACT SAME PHRASE everytime he casts a heal, he ends up repeating it every 3-4 seconds, its maddening.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I normally use Vector on my Healing Operative. I really like his personality and back story and it meshes completely with my in game choices. No idea what companion would be optimal from a combat situation but I don't do too bad paired with Vector. Elites that are solo I try and bounce aggro between us but I usually have to heal pretty regularly. Elites with some adds are usually hit or miss depending on whether I start in combat or if I can get a sleep dart off or slice a droid depending on the mobs.

I also play a Healing Jedi Sage and I still use Qyzen, but I'm only up to Tat. Again, not sure who would be optimal though for this one I have no attachment to Qyzen's personality.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    For republic yeah, he wasnt annoying. But the empire droid repeats the EXACT SAME PHRASE everytime he casts a heal, he ends up repeating it every 3-4 seconds, its maddening.
    I know, seen those lines. The Republic version is actually somewhat funny. Which makes a big difference. Once I ran into the senators on the Fortitude he actually made a joke about how fat some of my guests where getting and a possible change in our diet. My reaction: can you repeat that, please? O.o (note how fat Nadia Grell's dad is as he is a bodytype 4 or above).