US-Illidan GDKP 01.07.12

25man Dragon Soul GDKP – Begins 01.07.2012
    In Firelands, this group made over 1,000,000g. This will only increase with Dragon Soul.
    Questions? Send mail to Entio/Ahdehl in game.

Rules of the GDKP
    Performance
    -This is not a “carry” run. Everyone is expected to perform at an acceptable level, as judged by the raid leader(s).
    -An individual’s gear is not an indication of their expected performance. Highly skilled players playing mirror alts or roles that they are adept at will be considered for a place on the roster. They are bound to the same requirements as everyone else.
    -Anyone determined to be intentionally impeding the run in acts of including but not limited to: not participating in the clearing of trash, the completion of encounters, being unavailable for contact, being unresponsive through in-game contact or through 3rd party programs, or hampering another individuals’ raiding performance (i.e. using Hand of Protection on physical DPS when unnecessary)
    -In the interest of maximizing the efficiency of the GDKP, a 3 strike system will be used. An individual found to be at fault for any of the aforementioned reasons or as determined by the raid leader(s) will receive a warning. The second time a fault occurs for a player, they will receive their final caution. In the event that a third fault occurs, the offending individual will be removed from the raid and they will not receive their gold for participation.
    -In the event that an offense is more severe than the norm, warranting more than a caution, alternative action may be taken by the raid leader(s) resulting in gold deduction, removal from the raid, a ban from further attendance, or other penalties.

Item Distribution

-A mod is not used for this GDKP. All bids are done manually by the raid leader(s) and are tracked and communicated either in game or via 3rd party programs.
    I Lvl Item Type Initial Bid (in gold)
    397 Normal 15,000
    397 Trinket 20,000
    397 Weapon 20,000
    403 Trinket 25,000
    403 Weapon 25,000
    -An initial timer of 30 seconds will begin when an item is opened for bids, increasing in time by 5 seconds for every bid made on the item. The time remaining to bid can never exceed 30 seconds. (i.e. a bid made at 27 seconds remaining results in 30 seconds for all other bidders. A bid made with 3 seconds remaining increases the time remaining to 8 seconds.)
    -Master Looter is held by the raid leader(s). All items capable of being master looted will be subject to bids, unless otherwise indicated by the raid leader.
    -All items pertaining to the Fangs of the Father (Rogue legendary daggers) quest line are dealt with prior to the GDKP run.
    -All mounts, patterns, BoEs, and essences are subject to bids at the end of the run. Essences of Destruction will be bid on in groups of 4, with the remainders being bid on as a group. (i.e. 6 drop, bid on in groups of 4 and 2.)
    -The agreed upon funds will be traded to the raid leader(s) prior to an item being master looted. As soon as the funds have been transferred, the item will then be directed to the purchasing player.

Gold Distribution
    -Funds collected from bids during the GDKP will be distributed to the members present after the loot distribution after the final boss of the run has been killed. Attendance during the previous encounters of the run is irrelevant.
    -All raiders eligible for a cut (see above) will receive 1/27 (3.70%) of the accrued funds. Raid leader(s) will receive the remainder of the funds. [100%-(# of raiders * 3.7%)=raid leader(s) cut].
    -In the event that a raider is present for the final boss kill but cannot stay for the distribution of gold, their portion may be mailed to them. Raid leader(s) must be notified if an individual requires their funds via the mail.
    -In the event that there is more gold accumulated than the raid leader(s) can hold, a proxy will be designated to hold the excess funds, or the funds will be deposited into a guild bank owned by the raid leader(s).

Records & Documentation
    -All information for the GDKP is public. An open source Google spreadsheet, to which anyone can have access, will be used to track everything in the run.
    -A historical roster will be kept to track who has attended runs, and how many they have attended.
    -Every item from every boss will be recorded in the Google document, including the purchaser and the amount paid.
    -Real time updating will be available for everyone to see how much a raider will make, as of the current accumulated funds, as well as check on purchased items, and much more.

“Free boating”
    -Individuals determined to be attending a run without the interest of purchasing any items will face severe reprimanding. Penalties for “free-boating” are likely to include illegibility of funds, removal from the run, and a ban from future runs.
    -This is easily tracked by all interested, not only the raid leader(s).

Requirements
    Equipment
    -A minimum item level of 378, with at least a tier12 2piece bonus (if it is a performance increase).
    -No equipped item may be below 359 item level.
    -Preference will be given to individuals with better gear.
    -All items must be properly enhanced.

Experience
    -All attendees must have some Dragon Soul experience, with at least 8/8 LFR.
    -The attending character must have completed Dragon Soul (LFR or otherwise) in the intended participating role.

Wealth
    -All attendees must bring a minimum of 100,000 gold.
    -If no purchases are made by an attending raider, their portion will be reduced by 10,000 gold.

Intentions
    -In the response to this post, or any contact with (a) raid leader(s) inferring a want to attend, the pursued loot must be indicated. i.e. If an individual wishes to attend as a plate DPS, they must indicate which items they will be bidding on for sure.
    Insurance *Enacted 01.14.2012
    -All raiders looking to get a spot for the raid must provide a deposit of 10,000g.
    -Upon showing up at the indicated raid time, individuals who have not paid this deposit will be given secondary priority for a spot.
    -Individuals who have provided the deposit but are not attending due to inadequate positions (as indicated by the raid leader) will have their 10,000g returned.
    -The deposits of attending members will be added to the accumulated funds. The total deposits are considered funds gained during the GDKP and are subject to gold distribution rules as listed above.

Exceptions
    -There are none. It does not matter what guild the character is in, whether it is a mirror alt, or the level of competency.
    -Raid leaders are subject to the same requirements.

Provisions
    -Feasts and cauldrons will be provided for the raid.
    -All attendees must have sufficient funds to cover their own repairs, potions, and whatever consumables they will be using.
    -Potions are highly recommended for individuals of all roles.

Projected Clear
    -A minimum of 7 bosses will likely be killed on 25man normal difficulty.
    -No heroic modes will be attempted.

Raid Leader(s)
    -Entio will be raid leading, main tanking, master looting, recording, and accounting for the run.
    -Raiding member of the guild <vodka>, currently world 9th 25man guild.
    -Highly experienced in both heroic and normal Dragon Soul content, with participation in 8/8 heroic 25man progression.
    -During Firelands, the Firelord title was attained on three different characters in three different roles.
    -All runs will be lead with confidence and with excellent encounter knowledge. All strategies are formulated beforehand, with contingencies in place for whatever may happen during the raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    If no purchases are made by an attending raider, their portion will be reduced by 10,000 gold.
    So if none of the items you want drop or other people just outbid you, you're out 10k gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Pdastr View Post
    So if none of the items you want drop or other people just outbid you, you're out 10k gold?
    You're not really "out" 10k gold. You still made a metric boatload of gold by just being there and helping everyone else get their loot. Think of it more like your max earning potential being reduced by 10k.

The rule seems to be intended prevent overgeared people from freeloading on the run as an extra source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    You're not really "out" 10k gold. You still made a metric boatload of gold by just being there and helping everyone else get their loot. Think of it more like your max earning potential being reduced by 10k.

The rule seems to be intended prevent overgeared people from freeloading on the run as an extra source of income.
    We have a winner.

We did this a ton on Boulderfist during Wrath. Started with ToC and ended with ICC. At the end of ICC, we did a few heroics too. In the end you would get about 7k for a 11/12 run.

Watching people bid on stuff would be crazy. I remember the caster trinket in the plague area going for 50k.

If you have a good RL, and gold tracking app, GDKPs can be blast.

Good luck all who go

lmfao at how steep the prices are, good luck getting idiots who buy gold to come to this.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Yeah, uh, exceptions should be made in my opinion. My main is 4/8 25m HM, guild is 5/8 HM, and I don't have 100k gold. I have like, 50k and I have a geared alt that would like to come to GDKP runs. I have experience under my belt and knowledge and performance. Somewhat stupid that I can't attend because I don't have 100k even though I'll be one of your top performers in the run. That being said, I'll gladly put down a deposit and will bid on items if allowed to come.

3 days away! Our highest payout in Firelands was over 40,000g per person!

Good to see you guys have this up and running now with a higher pot total.
    Our pot totals have been a steady 45-55k consistently per person
    Last edited by Daekon; 2012-01-05 at 12:42 AM.