Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Mists of Pandaria can be good but why alot wont play.

About 8 of my friends and I have grown up on WoW playing since the very beginning of vanilla to cataclysm. From my own judgement I can say we occupied the normal playerbase in WoW, which was people who have a life beside WoW (such as football/baseball/basketball in HS) and play WoW on the side along with doing stuff IRL.

WoW was nvr considered a cool game to play in society but it was still fun and we nvr stopped playing since it had a cool aspect to it (killing dragons/gods/demons). Now with Mists of Pandaria coming along with childish like features being advertised, it was apparent to us and to others who dont know WoW that Blizzard is not advertising and appealing to those who are older. We could justify to ourselves and to others in the past that we played a game where we fought massive dragons and it kinda seemed to come off some what masculine even though its WoW, but now with trailer of MoP with fighting Panda's and such it basically shows that this game is no longer justifiable to play at our age.

Even though the 90% of the game will not be based on panda's and pokemon games its just that we can't justify playing it now. I believe that alot of others are in the same boat my friends and I are in and this is why Blizzard will be losing alot of subscriptions even though I believe this game could be good. People might say who cares what people think, but once again I said my friends and I occupy a normal playerbase of WoW which are people who have alot of friends and are active in their community(sports/parties/ect) and actually do care what people think of them.

I hope MoP turns out very good but I sure won't be playing it, just the many years of WoW playing kinda impacts your life a little so i felt like posting this.

You sound extremely self-conscious. There are completely functional and popular people in society who watch My Little Pony, even as adults. Pandas are nothing, grow a backbone.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

10+ Year Old Account
    that was the most shallow thing i've read in weeks
    and I go to an art school

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtsparkles View Post
    You sound extremely self-conscious. There are completely functional and popular people in society who watch My Little Pony, even as adults. Pandas are nothing, grow a backbone.
    I agree with this. If you need WoW to validate yourself, you're doing RL wrong.

Besides, if people can manage watching MLP without commiting suicide due to the immaturity, I'll be willing to bet you'll be just fine playing MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I agree with this. If you need WoW to validate yourself, you're doing RL wrong.

Besides, if people can manage watching MLP without commiting suicide due to the immaturity, I'll be willing to bet you'll be just fine playing MoP.
    I 100% agree with this.
    I 100% disagree with your signature.
    Sorry for the OT.

WoW was never cool, but I could justify playing because hey, atleast it doesn't have pandas. Now Blizzard is taking even that away from me!

There are completely functional and popular people in society who watch My Little Pony
    There is nothing normal about this.... Im sorry but as a father of 2 little girls who like MLP, I find it uber creepy finding adults(especially males) fascinated with it. I almost *note* almost classify them as growing pedophiler's. I know I'll get flamed for this but I don't care.

Let's not go there.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-01-04 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    There is nothing normal about this.... Im sorry but as a father of 2 little girls who like MLP, I find it uber creepy finding adults(especially males) fascinated with it. I almost *note* almost classify them as growing pedophiler's. I know I'll get flamed for this but I don't care.
    Normal is usually subjective, so that really isn't arguable without it ending.

But how is watching ponies make you a growing pedophile?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    I 100% agree with this.
    I 100% disagree with your signature.
    Sorry for the OT.
    If I can do it, others can too!

@Doom, just because you like a show for kids doesn't mean you like kids. That said, I don't like the show at all myself, and I find it weird that some adults like it, but people have their own opinions, even if they may or may not be formed from what they've heard from others.

I find the group who still watches cartoons a strange lot, but to even relate it to pedophilia is fucking absurdity.
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... you said that you didn't care what people thought about you because you liked the aspects of wow. Then you state you wont be playing because your afraid people might think your childish? Contradiction my friend. BTW its not like you tell everyone at a party "hey guys I play WoW!!!" The only time you talk about wow at a party is if someone else plays it as well, and you end up having a great conversation. That is... if they don't play alliance>

Its not only what others think but its the fact that im a college student who is casually playing a game with fighting panda's and a game that is adding features that caters to younger kids. If you dont care what others think that is probably because you either are not the average person in society(not necessarily bad) or you are an outcast. Also in society there are functional and popular people who are convicted of rape and murder.

Deleted
    Just because there is a race based on panda's doesn't mean it's going to be looked at as childish and all. They can still be pretty badass.

Also, I don't think most 'popular/social' people won't even know of the Mists of Pandaria expansion. Barely anyone 'popular or social' I know don't know anything about WoW, only that it's an addicting game and they disregard it ( Well, most people I know do, sadly.)
    So, you should not worry. They're not gonna know about it anyways.

You're right OP, I've always enjoyed the masculinity of talking cows, goat-people from space, gnomes, blood elf males, and the cartoonishness of the game. Pretty interesting too you've spent so much time over the years "fighting massive dragons", guess I must of somehow missed them besides a few boss encounters. I personally was against adding Pandarans into the game for years, until I saw how they were being handled. I saw that it was not going to be smiling happy hug time, and instead Blizz's way of conveying a martial arts culture. But, you're a big boy now!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger67 View Post
    Its not only what others think but its the fact that im a college student who is casually playing a game with fighting panda's and a game that is adding features that caters to younger kids. If you dont care what others think that is probably because you either are not the average person in society(not necessarily bad) or you are an outcast. Also in society there are functional and popular people who are convicted of rape and murder.
    No there are not, are you even aware of how much advertising a sexual offender has to go through? How many people know that much about WoW? How is the pokemon thing even relevant? They'll probably see the Panda's, and what do you really think they're going to assume from that point? How self-conscious can you possibly be that you assume people are going to associate the Pandaren with your personal and in game character in any way shape or form?
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

After playing this game for like...8 years and considering myself better player than roughly 99% of the field It was crucial to continue playing a massive lore teaser...after so many years playing this game I'm not exactly on the mood to sit back, relax and enjoy Pandaria... that's pretty much my reason to quit after my subscription expires...

When your girls watch MLP, do you watch with them? If so, that seems pretty normal to me.

OT: "Pandas" were in WCIII, and now they're in WoW. I seriously doubt you're going to see a 90% panda playerbase. You'll see as many goblins and worgen as you do "pandas". And if this is all about masculinity, females, pink hair, tailoring, cooking, etc existed at launch. If that didn't emasculate you, then pandaren shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I see the link between enjoying a cartoon and hunting children for sexual purposes.

Would be similar to suggest that because you enjoy horror movies that you're a serial killer.

Or if you're a homosexual and you watch romantic movies between a male and a female that you're actually straight.

On topic, the anti-panda brigade is merely another example of the common hypermasculinity nonsense associated with the gaming generation. "ROAR I'm a manly man and if I don't do things that involve violence and GIANT BREASTS EVERYWHERE then I am actually somehow a female!" because clearly your sex is detemined by the video games you play and not by, oh I don't know, your biology.

ranger67,

You do seem to be very self-conscious indeed. It's not a matter of what the game may look like to you or others, it's simply a matter of enjoying it or not. That is easier said than done, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger67 View Post
    If people are going to chastise you, it's because you play WoW and they were going to do it anyway, not because there are pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.