healing heroic morchok

ok did a few attempts for my new guild on heroic marchok and they said that my healing was unacceptable but i was doing what they asked me to do is beacon our soaker and direct heal the tank?!? ive told then on several occastions that for the most part holy pallys arent the best single target healers but they insist that I need to do the tank healing am i doing something wrong? should i drop haste and go mastery priority? I just dont know imo they are just silly cus i was keeping my targets up aside from them being insta gibbed from 100% to dead in >1 sec.

Please help

Thanks

Kronmasta

Post logs. There is no way for anybody on these forums to help you without logs. If he is really being insta-gibbed from 100% to dead then it is obviously not a healing issue and is instead a mechanic issue.

I would hope that you're not keeping both bosses together are you? Or only having 2 people in range of stomp?

Can't think of any other way that people would be "insta gibbed", other than getting stomped with the debuff or not having enough people to split the damage.

Deleted
    As someone else said, post logs or theres no way to help other than throwing out guesses

If your tank is getting one shot hes either incredibly bad geared or you don't have a second guy to eat the stomp. (Assumeing you've split the two bosses)
    We had our first kill on the second reset with a waaaay undergeared tank, and still he hardly took any damage.

Also noted that the second boss/clone or whatever you want to call it deals less damage, as in spawns less crystals and whatnot. (I cannot confirm this though, but it definately feels lighter to heal that one)

So, when I heal H Mor'chok I find it really easy. Depends on the stomp soakers, but the crystal/getting people topped off wasn't a big issue. Just make sure your stomp soaker is using CDs, or you're using Hand of Sacrifice when applicable.

And yes, most logs I've peeked at make it seem that the Mor'chok's Twin DOES spawn crystals less frequently, and does less damage.

But, a tank rotating CDS, your HoS, and maybe even Aura Mastery on Devo aura could help out.

Personally, I was the healer and the stomp soaker in some of the kills. Rotating my CDs with other people's wasn't an issue, and we two-healed.

But, yeah -- a WoL parse or something would help us out here. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    Also noted that the second boss/clone or whatever you want to call it deals less damage, as in spawns less crystals and whatnot. (I cannot confirm this though, but it definately feels lighter to heal that one)
    The real one does 3 Stomp Shard combos each phase - the clone only does 2. That's why it is advisable to have 1 additional healer on the side of the real one.

As the healer on morchok himself, I find it annoying to heal at times, as moving constantly for crystals+being the designated stomp soaker gets aggravating. Doable with cds, but annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truspally View Post
    ok did a few attempts for my new guild on heroic marchok and they said that my healing was unacceptable but i was doing what they asked me to do is beacon our soaker and direct heal the tank?!? ive told then on several occastions that for the most part holy pallys arent the best single target healers but they insist that I need to do the tank healing am i doing something wrong? should i drop haste and go mastery priority? I just dont know imo they are just silly cus i was keeping my targets up aside from them being insta gibbed from 100% to dead in >1 sec.

Please help

Thanks

Kronmasta
    Hey Kronmasta, Jazzster - US Galakrond

1. What is your side's line-up? Tank, Soaker, Ranged, and Melee?
    2. Logs?
    3. What is your current gear? Spirit? MP5? (Armory)

----------------

I'm curious to what your rotation is for healing and how you keep up your Illuminated Healing buff. Mastery and Haste priority has really no difference here. 1 thing is you need the haste to be able to cast heals between Stomp and Crystals. The only reason to go Mastery Stacked is for 25 man healing, and ONLY tank healing. Mastery stacked requires a lot of research and play ability Please provide logs though if you insist looking for advice or forum posts.

I myself run Devotion Aura. My sides composition runs with Blood DK, Rogue, Hunter, Holy Priest, Holy Paladin. (We are a 10m raid team). Beacon on Tank. Holy Priest just throughs up HoTs while I do the rest of the healing. If you get your ranged positioned with your Tank and Soaker, you can HR and LoD the group to stack Illuminated Healing, which becomes nice if your group is taking to much damage. Aside from stacking that, you can FoL, DL, and HL (If majority healing isn't need) to keep up your buff up on the tank. Our side raid CD would be AM -20%. We pop Hero at -30%.

Generally for soaks, you want a Rogue (Fient), Warrior (Stance Dance), DK (BP). Using HoS should be used in only opportune moments.
    Last edited by Jazzster; 2012-01-04 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    We ran with this setup:

Group 1:
    Protection Paladin
    Holy Paladin (Soaker + Healer) *me
    Holy Priest (Healer + Crystal)
    2 Random DPS for the crystal

Group 2:
    Blood DK
    Resto Druid (Healer + Crystal)
    Resto Shaman (Healer + Crystal)
    Rogue (Soaker)
    1 Random DPS for the crystal

Very easy fight. Just preheal the tank when Stomp is incomming and land that big heal just after the stomp. Then make sure the 3 crystal soakers are 100% HP before they take the crystal, then heal them up again and heal the soaker again and give him the 10% phiscial damage reduction buff from your resto shaman/healing priest. It's very easy with 4 healers to heal everyone up. Just spam inefficient heals alot more than you are used to since there is much regen time.

Sub 20% Pop hero and rotate cooldowns on the tank + soaker to avoid deaths. As a holy paladin I couldn't take the hit with out a cooldown. So on the first I used DP (Unglyped), 2nd was raid wall, 3th was a shadowpriest taking it with Dispersion. Then we killed it. Dno about the other group, guess the rogue doesn't need a CD for the +20% stompes sub 20%.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mmoce8fe344640; 2012-01-04 at 04:28 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the only mechanic that insta gibbed a tank from 100% to 0% would be if the tank wasn't tanking Morchok or Kohcrom close enough to the group. The entire group of 5 eats the stomp, the two closest split a larger portion. The only time we had an insta gibb is when out tank wasn't kiting his boss with the crystal and taking the full stomp. We also 4 heal it ezpz. Druids and locks soak the best with no cds. Locks have a buff from a pet that allows them to take it I believe. As a moonkin I can just go bear form and soak with a tank with no cds ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Truspally View Post
    ive told then on several occastions that for the most part holy pallys arent the best single target healers
    This is news to me.

Stomp is a physical attack mitigated by armor. Our tank on the clone is a bear and the soaker is a holy paladin with Devotion Aura, the sole healer of the clone group.

The other group has a warrior tank and myself (rogue) as soaker with two healers.

Maybe if you become the soaker it might get easier.

I am a soaker in my group and with DP - I come out with close to 45% health every time. I found being the soaker allows me to melee for mana, and be close to everyone, I love it. If people are getting instagibbed it sounds like an issue with the soaker not being close enough to the boss, or people moving closer than the soaker which is baaaaad.

I beacon the tank and heal everyone and the tank, most using DL - I found that the large spikes of damage favor DL and people are usually too spread out for reliable HRs. On another note, H pally are THE best single target healer in the game bar none. My 90k+ DL crits say "hello there"

Deleted
    I would probably do it the other way around and beacon the tank and heal the soaker with HL (and DL). Then throw some direct heals like DL and HS on the tank to keep him up. It will give you a lot of holy power so you can use WoG.

The only time the soaker will need extra healing is for the stomps when he takes double damage, no need to beacon him all the time imo. The healing required depends on what class you use as a soaker of course. Make sure your soaker is using a cooldown! You can also put Hand of Protection on the soaker just before the stomp if they run out of personal cooldowns.

Your tank needs to use a cooldown for every stomp aswell. If he runs out of cooldowns help out with Hand of Sacrifice.

I guess you are doing 10-man, but if you are doing 25-man use HR a bit more and try to put it on the soaker. Then he will get a bit of extra healing and at the same time you are still healing up the rest of the raid.