Thread: LFR Loot

LFR Loot

I will admit I made an account just to post this, but Blizzard seriously needs to fix the LFR loot system. After completing DS tonight on two of my characters, there were 4 instances where people rolled on and won loot that they already had equipped. Then when I ask them if they will trade it to me since they already have it, they go on to say that they will hold it till then end so if something that they want drops, they can trade for it. To me this is absolute BS. They should not be aloud to roll on that piece of gear in the first place. How are people supposed to ever gear up if people keep winning the same loot. There needs to be a way to keep someone from rolling on gear that they already have. Sorry if this was a rant, I just needed to get my views out there.

cry more about it

<Infracted>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-01-04 at 04:41 PM.

They put in the same effort to down the boss as you did, they won it fair and square thru a roll....what they chose to do with it is their choice not yours.

Firstly, there has been tens if not hundreds of threads regarding this. People are well aware of it, Blizzard is aware of it, but no one (at least not within Blizzard) has come up with a sensible solution to fix it.

Right now, it is a vicious cycle - everyone has the mentality that they must roll on everything, even items they already have, to maximise their chances at winning the items they want, sometimes through bargaining with items they won but don't want.

I myself have been guilty of this. The other day, 4 pieces of my tier pieces (gloves, 2 legs and a head) witin 2 bosses. I won the gloves (which I already had), a warlock won a leg (which he already had), and a pally tank won the head (which he didn't have, but I noticed he had a 378 well-itemised head, and a poorly itemised 353 pants).

I already had the gloves and the legs, and really wanted the head. What did I do? I traded my gloves for the warlock's leg (he needed the gloves), then offered the pally tank to trade his head for my pants which he happily accepted.

If I had not rolled on the gloves, I would not have gotten the head.

Is this immoral? Only if I was the only one taking advantage of this system, which I am not.

So my advice is, do exactly what you described others did, and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorglover View Post
    I will admit I made an account just to post this, but Blizzard seriously needs to fix the LFR loot system. After completing DS tonight on two of my characters, there were 4 instances where people rolled on and won loot that they already had equipped. Then when I ask them if they will trade it to me since they already have it, they go on to say that they will hold it till then end so if something that they want drops, they can trade for it. To me this is absolute BS. They should not be aloud to roll on that piece of gear in the first place. How are people supposed to ever gear up if people keep winning the same loot. There needs to be a way to keep someone from rolling on gear that they already have. Sorry if this was a rant, I just needed to get my views out there.
    How are you supposed to gear up if every heroic you join has someone rolling on the same items? Eventually you get the better rolls. Same logic applies to LFR. Better rolls next time idiot.

Deleted
    They could have just made the items unique, as they have done before in some cases. If you have a specific item already equipped or in your bags/bank, you will automaticly pass on it.

Or maybe they're just tired of babysitting and the constant QQ about pretty much everything they ever do. Maybe they just don't give a shit anymore and hope people would wake up and start having some manners. They can't fix the community for us, WE have to do it ourself.
    Last edited by mmocdd6c5da9f2; 2012-01-04 at 07:39 AM.

They can't make the items unique. For example, if they did that with the tier tokens, that would unfairly stop a hybrid class from getting the same tier token for both specs at once, and there's nothing unfair about someone being so lucky as to get both at once. Secondly, some classes reforge the same item in two different ways for two different specs. There's also nothing wrong with this. Its just one of those things we have to live with. Its not a broken system, just not one that meets your ideals. In an idea world, everyone would charge nothing but a fair price on the ah for items too, but that's not the way the game works. If people want to roll on items to bargain with, so be it, as long as their fair and not just dicks about it (e.g. ha ha, I'm gonna take this item and de it right in front of you) or (na, I don't want to give it to any of you, I think I'll just sell it for a few free gold pieces), then its what it is. Most players, if they can't make use of an lfr item now, are offering it to the highest roller at the end of the raid. That's the way it should be.

Slickx:

"cry more about it"

Henline:

"Better rolls next time idiot."

you are the people that ruin this game. have a constructive conversation and stop acting like a f**king 12 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    How are you supposed to gear up if every heroic you join has someone rolling on the same items? Eventually you get the better rolls. Same logic applies to LFR. Better rolls next time idiot.
    Yeah because having one chance per week at loot in LFR is the same as having infinite chances at loot in a 5-man, right? Oh no wait, no it isn't. Saying better rolls next time idiot isn't very productive.

Quote Originally Posted by J0rge View Post
    They could have just made the items unique, as they have done before in some cases. If you have a specific item already equipped or in your bags/bank, you will automaticly pass on it.

Or maybe they're just tired of babysitting and the constant QQ about pretty much everything they ever do. Maybe they just don't give a shit anymore and hope people would wake up and start having some manners. They can't fix the community for us, WE have to do it ourself.
    Trinkets that can't be reforged would be one thing, but you can't make everything unique because some people play specs with different stat priorities (rogues have to play combat on ultraxion for example). It's far less costly to keep 2 separate sets of the same gear with different reforges than to have to reforge every time you change specs or play less than optimally because of it.

you are the people that ruin this game. have a constructive conversation and stop acting like a f**king 12 year old
    Says the idiot who made an account specifically to whine about losing welfare gear in a raid you can afk through. There is nothing constructive that can come of this thread, period.

Yeah because having one chance per week at loot in LFR is the same as having infinite chances at loot in a 5-man, right? Oh no wait, no it isn't. Saying better rolls next time idiot isn't very productive.
    The only difference is you have to keep coming back every week until you finish. If they let you keep coming back you would have no content to do for the next several months. It's smart.

Coming to the forums to whine about someone else getting loot from a pinata isn't productive either, I just called it like I saw it. OP is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    cry more about it
    Why is this kid allowed to post on these forums? I've trolled a time or two on MMO Champ myself, but look at this guy's post history. It's nothing but Trolling all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is there's nothing really very constructive to say about the topic of LFR and loot. Everyone knows the system needs to be improved. Blizzard is working on it and it will happen when it happens.

Then we'll get another huge round of threads from people who can no longer roll on stuff that they used to especially when it becomes class/spec aware.

Everything that needs to be said about it has already been said multiple times and threads like these which are simply anecdotal "I ran LFR and lost a loot roll" need to be snuffed out ASAP.

I know what you mean (wall of text inc.)

Today I joined a lfr with my rogue. We get to warmaster Blackhorn and we down him, he drops some nice leather bracers which I could use. One other rogue in party, I inspect him, he's full raid finder geared, including those bracers. He rolls need, obviously.
    I ask in raid if he's willing to trade them to me, considering he's already equipped those bracers, no response. We down the next boss and during the loot roll I ask in raid for people to kick the rogue for needing stuff he already has. A little bit hasty because before I knew it, half the raid was against me, guildies, I should've known. I then continue to try and reason that the 9 gold those bracers would vendor for aren't really worth being considered a complete a**hole for, instead I get kicked from the raid.

Now I'm not QQ'ing about the bracers, I couldn't care less tbh but what I am concerned about is, does this behaviour have any consequences?
    I made a ticket explaining the details and all but does it even matter anymore?
    I know Blizzard is aware of these "flaws" in the LFR system but that doesn't mean that such behaviour can go unpunished can it?

Now some things you should know about me: i'm a nice guy, people in my neighbourhood know me and all like me, my friends like me too. I'm that kinda guy who you meet in LFD and you think "whow, that was a nice guy to be in party with, let's go another run". But all that seems useless to me (the ingame part I mean) because being an a**hole obviously pays off more. And to those people that are gonna react with "join a guild and raid like that then you won't get ninja'd." If I could, I would obviously. Unfortunately my hectic lifestyle (job, hobby, girlfriend) don't allow me to game on a regular basis so I have to make due with LFR and LFD.

So, do gm's actually do something about this behaviour or am I just tiring my fingers by typing the whole situation out in a ticket?

They would have to be pretty careful - as a priest with a disc offspec I need two sets of tier gear, I would hate for the system to prevent that.

Keep in mind you have exactly the same chance to win those items as the other people did.

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    So, do gm's actually do something about this behaviour or am I just tiring my fingers by typing the whole situation out in a ticket?
    GM's won't get involved if you lost a roll on an item and someone else wins it. It makes no difference if you think that player deserves it or not, the only thing that matters is who won the roll for it. I know it's a pain and doesn't punish people for needing on items they don't need, but unfortunately it's just how the system works.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2012-01-04 at 06:11 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    Trinkets that can't be reforged would be one thing, but you can't make everything unique because some people play specs with different stat priorities (rogues have to play combat on ultraxion for example). It's far less costly to keep 2 separate sets of the same gear with different reforges than to have to reforge every time you change specs or play less than optimally because of it.

Says the idiot who made an account specifically to whine about losing welfare gear in a raid you can afk through. There is nothing constructive that can come of this thread, period.

The only difference is you have to keep coming back every week until you finish. If they let you keep coming back you would have no content to do for the next several months. It's smart.

Coming to the forums to whine about someone else getting loot from a pinata isn't productive either, I just called it like I saw it. OP is an idiot.
    Basically what this person says. Pure DPS classes, such as rogues, warlocks, etc. have multiple specs to play. My warlock friend carries around 2 sets of gear, one for affliction, one for demo. They have different stat priorities, and therefore has 2 sets of nearly identical gear that is just gemmed/reforged differently. Yeah, sucks he has to roll need on something he already has, but he needs it as well (can argue it is his OS, but the same argument could be said that it is MS as well). The line is fuzzy for pures and their "OS" as it's the same type of role.

I want you to come here 3 month later and say " I CLEARED LFR EVERY CD, BUT I DID NOT RECIEVE ALL THE LOOT I NEEDED".

Now I'm not QQ'ing about the bracers, I couldn't care less tbh but what I am concerned about is, does this behaviour have any consequences?
    I made a ticket explaining the details and all but does it even matter anymore?
    I know Blizzard is aware of these "flaws" in the LFR system but that doesn't mean that such behaviour can go unpunished can it?
    There are no consequences because he is able to need and win anything he can roll need on. Making a ticket is pointless as there was already a blue post on this exact topic a couple days ago that can be summed up to "tough luck". They won't do anything about it, better luck next time.

Just run with guildies of similar class or on the same token and help each other out with getting loot you need. I ran this on my DK yesterday with a mage friend of mine, He won two of the tokens both for gear he already had. So now my DK has the two piece bonus. And If i win the shoulders before him i will trade them to him so he can complete his 4 piece bonus. Its an easy way to better your odds slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have enough threads on LFR and loot already.