Yeah.. who says..?!?

I've seen a lot of flaming posts at BioWare asking - where's the new and innovative technologies inside of SWTOR. Where can we find interesting ideas and features which will enhance game play or user experience.

I think personally one of the coolest features is the map design. Being able to get so much data out of the "M" button is just awesome. Being able to easily and quickly find what I'm looking for just makes the game so much more enjoyable.

I go back to when I first started playing WoW in 09'. Until I found 'Carbonite AddOn', I always sorta felt lost. Carbonite really helped but I never liked not being able to adjust for things on the fly. I also didn't like, and not just with this addon, having to do updates each new patch. If you played and were like me I had tons of addons, so on patches or xpac releases things broke.

There is a really cool story on the SWTOR site, http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110708 , which goes into some detail on how they created the mapping found in the SWTOR game. Being able to render topology the way the SWTOR map does is amazing. There's so much detail to the world inside the maps. And like the article points out, making a map is rather trivial, however, making a map do what the SWTOR map does is a difficult and complicated process.

When can we get a like button here? I too have found the map incredibly useful and informative, most people think innovative and assume everything i have ever watned will be there. I call them entitled brats and i think it fits their methodology well.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.