Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wtf, why would this even be considered bannable?

And, wtf, the crystals sell for 20-40g on my server.
    Last edited by Puri; 2012-01-05 at 07:36 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Really? Well one would think that getting ~90g per DE cast would be "worthwile". There are pretty giant realms where this works.
    Depends on how much gold you have.
    I've abandoned the Inferno Rubies / JC shuffle market because while there's still significant profit to be had, compared to my stash it's not worth the hassle of cancel/repost many times a day. Epic gems, on the other hand, are only dabbled in on my realm, so they've got pretty good margins and you don't end up undercut much. You also don't move very many, but there's much less hassle.

If I could deal with the AH all day long, gems would be worthwhile, and these crystals as well... but making a "free" 25-50g on a crystal still takes time, which is worth more than that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nagrand is a high pop server and Maels are currently 250 and I have seen them as high as 400 last week, but there was only 1 seller, so I'm assuming he bought out the market. Shards are only 40-50 gold, so people deffinately aren't buying crystals to shatter

Not sure why my server is so expensive but we are way above this 50 people stuff. And Maelstroms run 225 plus all the time. Uldaman realm, not a dieing server at all but things are always expensive here.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muertt View Post
    An bad server economy is a flaw?
    This. After reading this thread I'm convinced some people dont even know what exploit means.

I'm exalted with this fraction and the cloaks cost 175g and crystals currently sell for 189g on my server. I would have to sell quite a lot of these crystals from this vendor to justify making gold off it and thats IF someone doesnt undercut me, which will happen as that 189g price is an under cut from someone else posting them at 200+ gold. Thats the thing though, every server has different prices and people undercutting those prices so blizzard cant realistically ban people on 1 server because it IS profitable to do so when on lots of other servers its not. That's just ridiculous, just like calling it an exploit is.

A good way to take advantage of this imo is to buy those cloaks, DE them then shatter the crystals into shards as they can be sometimes worth more than crystals and still harder to come by in comparison.
    Last edited by rated; 2012-01-05 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    This. After reading this thread I'm convinced some people dont even know what exploit means.

I'm exalted with this fraction and the cloaks cost 175g and crystals currently sell for 189g on my server. I would have to sell quite a lot of these crystals from this vendor to justify making gold off it and thats IF someone doesnt undercut me, which will happen as that 189g price is an under cut from someone else posting them at 200+ gold. Thats the thing though, every server has different prices and people undercutting those prices so blizzard cant realistically ban people on 1 server because it IS profitable to do so when on lots of other servers its not. That's just ridiculous, just like calling it an exploit is.

A good way to take advantage of this imo is to buy those cloaks, DE them then shatter the crystals into shards as they can be sometimes worth more than crystals and still harder to come by in comparison.
    Rep gear is not meant to be disenchantable at all, so disenchanting rep gear en masse to sell crystals IS an exploit.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    Rep gear is not meant to be disenchantable at all, so disenchanting rep gear en masse to sell crystals IS an exploit.
    lol if thats your only argument maybe you should go set up a ticket with a GM so he can prove you wrong.

GM I spoke to earlier today stated that it was a mistake and they will be flagged in an upcoming patch. DE while you can, because it won't last. Not an issue on my server as the price of crystals is lower than the cloak, as are the 2x shards.

It doesn't matter if you think its a bug or not.

If its not intended blizzard has the right and knowing them probably will ban you.

Deleted
    shit isn't cash

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If blizzard finds out, you can and probably will get banned for exploiting. Id stop it and report it.
    Probably not since it's not exploiting.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    If your maelstrom crystals sells above 250g on ur server do this.

Buy avenger of hyjal rep cloak, DE it and sell the crystals.

Netted me over 5k gold today in just 10 minutes. All crystals sold instantly and I'm gonna do this shit all night.

You've kinda ruined it by stating it on a forum like this. Good job messing it up.

Surprised the crystals still sell for that much. Though I'm sure now this info is on here that price will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by poproxx View Post
    Surprised the crystals still sell for that much. Though I'm sure now this info is on here that price will drop.
    Prices for Maelstrom's on my realm have more than doubled in the past 2 weeks.
    2-3 weeks ago Maelstrom's were 60-80g, now they're at 160-200 so no, not really :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    All who "exploited" the Tol Barad bridge raise a hand?

/golfclap

ITS MY MONEY!
    I exploited the shit outta that. I'd do it again in a heart beat, but now I always get into the games.
    /raisehand
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esg View Post
    Hyjal items are deable since on any decent server you would lose money...
    What a baseless load of nonsense. Keep it up!

Make that money homie, keep going lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    What server are you on?. around 30-40g on my server too.
    So Heavenly Shards cost 15-20g? Seems quite odd to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, just sell Lava Walker enchants for 2k each ; ) (Depending on your server ofc)
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    Give me a list of every faction that you can DE from and a list that you cannot DE from.