Ret rotation help

Hellow I have been reading the post and all and have seen several diffrent answers and i would just like to know which one is correct.

What rotation should i be using. I use the addon CLCret and like i said i have seen like 5-6 diffrent rotations to use and im trying to find which one is the BEST and when i say that I mean the one that the top ret are using and the one that has been tested in raid.

Please if your going to come off with a smart comment like "oh there is a post here and here please dont reply.
    Im sorry that im not as elite and pro like the rest of you and that is why im asking so i can try and be elite and pro.

Thank You And May The Light Be With You

Here is that huge wall formatted correctly. As I said before the edit, this is all from elitistjerks.com. This is all tested and I highly recommend referring to them for anything.

Single Target

The Ret paladin "rotation" shares something with Wrath - it is priority based. The priority for single-target is one of the following:
    Inq > CS > HoW > Exo > TV > J > HW > Cons
    Inq > CS > TV > HoW > Exo > J > HW > Cons

Use the sequence which is more advantageous for your own gear. Both spreadsheets presently recommend the first for at least high end gear sets.

Against Undead/Demons the positions of HoW and Exo swap, providing:
    Inq > CS > TV > Exo > HoW > J > HW > Cons, or
    Inq > CS > Exo > HoW > TV > J > HW > Cons

The fact that Exorcism auto-crits when used on Undead or Demons and its faster scaling (lesser coefficient modified by large +% bonus, effectively granting higher overall coefficient) causes it to pull ahead of HoW in that scenario.

In both scenarios you do not perform a CS if you have 3 HP, however if you have 2 or less HP and a DivPurp proc you would use the CS before the free TV.

Inq increases Holy Damage when it is up. Modeling and testing shows to begin expecting to refresh at 3 seconds before it ends. You will rarely have Inq expire and those occasions when it does it should only be missing for 2-3 seconds.

In melee range:
    Never, ever cast Exo - only use Exo when it is instant from an AoW proc. If AoW has not procced, then Exo has a cast time, mana cost, and vastly reduced damage. Remember during a cast you stop and reset all autoattacks.

If out of melee range (phase transition/funny-business):
    Judge if you can. Without AoW Exo drops below Judge. If Judge is on CD, spam cast Exo as mana permits. Do not overcommit on Exo mana usage - ensure you have sufficient mana to Judge for mana regen and CS as soon as you reach target.

Multiple Target

The AoE rotation is rather similar to single-target, simply replace Crusader Strike with Divine Storm. The rest of the priority stays the same. With Holy Wrath fixed to meteor properly, at 3 targets you should begin using Consecration over HW.

Redcape's modeling shows you should only swap to AoE rotation at 5 or more targets. A more recent test here receives the same results in 4.0.6. 4.1 likely drops this down to 4 targets. If DS successfully hits 4 targets it generates HP, making up the large gap it has had in the past. At hit/expertise cap for Bosses you should have only a slim chance to be parried by an 86/87 (most adds are not skulls), even if they are facing you.
    4.2 - My own analysis shows 4 targets is the breakpoint. At 4 targets DS will generate HP, so you do not lose any HP generation. Additionally at 4 targets the additional procs from SoR surpass Censure ticks and the extra SoC procs which are generated from SoT.

Zealotry

Zealotry provides a special circumstance. During Zealotry all CS earn 3 HP. Your rotation will become CS, TV, Filler, or CS, Filler, TV, as we still use 2 fillers between CS.

With current values for HoW and Exo they may be used over a CS or TV during Zealotry (see priorities above). Continue to follow your core priority sequence in and out of cooldowns. Zealotry does not alter your priority sequence, it just gives you more TV to socket in there.
    Last edited by Ntimidate; 2012-01-04 at 07:17 PM.