Thread: Doomguard+Haste

Doomguard+Haste

I was under the impression that Doomguard didn't scale with haste at all. However, after several tests with IOTC, his cast time is reduced when I use him with the proc active. Did something change and I missed it? I don't remember this being the case at all. I was under the impression it only scaled with Demo mastery, SP, and Crit.

Edit: Just noticed that no matter the cast time, it seems really inconsistent and there are pauses between the next cast the lower the cast time gets. Guess that's why it's never mentioned to scale with haste. Should've just looked up information on it more. w/e =p
    Last edited by Caides; 2012-01-04 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyzmul View Post
    I was under the impression that Doomguard didn't scale with haste at all. However, after several tests with IOTC, his cast time is reduced when I use him with the proc active. Did something change and I missed it? I don't remember this being the case at all. I was under the impression it only scaled with Demo mastery, SP, and Crit.

Edit: Just noticed that no matter the cast time, it seems really inconsistent and there are pauses between the next cast the lower the cast time gets. Guess that's why it's never mentioned to scale with haste. Should've just looked up information on it more. w/e =p
    Actually he does scale with haste, just not %+ haste increases added to you. (He does get +% haste increases added directly to him, I.E swapping your DI to him or having a priest power infuse him). So if you have a trinket that gives haste rating, he'll scale with it, but bloodlust, PI (casted on you), etc won't.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Actually he does scale with haste, just not %+ haste increases added to you. (He does get +% haste increases added directly to him, I.E swapping your DI to him or having a priest power infuse him). So if you have a trinket that gives haste rating, he'll scale with it, but bloodlust, PI (casted on you), etc won't.
    Yeah I was under the impression he didn't for the longest time. I guess it's because there really hasn't been a haste proc trinket this xpac outside of the Council one and Insignia. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    I'm pretty confident this is false, but I'll go ahead and ask: do you have any logs, or even a recount damage done screenshot that shows your doomguard ever casting more than 21 casts? (or I suppose 28 casts with the 2pc).
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I'm pretty confident this is false, but I'll go ahead and ask: do you have any logs, or even a recount damage done screenshot that shows your doomguard ever casting more than 21 casts? (or I suppose 28 casts with the 2pc).
    I do not because it requires a ridiculous amount of haste unbuffed. (3k I think since he doesn't benefit from the 5% or 3% from DI) Also, to use power infusion on a doomguard during a raid is ridiculous. I can try to do recount and get a priest to PI me for a test dummy to see if it works, if you'd like.

I posted about the Doomguard benefitting from haste months ago and mostly got labled as a troll...

I actualy have screenshots of recount where the doomguard was casting 24-27 bolts, I even counted them as they were cast to make sure (this was in T12 gear) I'll see if I still have them.

EDIT> Here we go: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6493/53591181.jpg This is only one I could find, it shows 25 casts of Doom Bolt, and yes I counted them 1 by 1.

Just like Dyzmul, I noticed a major inconsistency in the results of different tests. Even though there were no difference of buffs or stats between each test the results would vary between 20 and 27 Doom Bolts each time.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-01-05 at 02:01 AM.

Can't post links yet, but on the target dummy I would get about 26-27 Doom Bolts with no buffs and around 15% haste rating.

I got about 34 Doom Bolts with Heroic IotCM proc'd, which put me at about 45% haste.

You can look it up on World of Logs, realm Alterac Mountains>Focused Aggression>Hapyending. I put a few different logs testing it today.
    Last edited by Happyending; 2012-01-05 at 06:07 AM.

My doomguard did a total of 60 doom bolt casts on madness with only 140secs uptime. Nozdormu's buff was still up during both times when i summoned him.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...=10927&e=11566

If its true that doomguard only scales with your haste rating only, i would only have roughly 21% haste unbuffed. That would result in a 2.7s cast time or so for doom bolt.

From my log though it seems that the average cast time of doom bolt was around 2.33s. Factoring in the doomguard's slow reaction time and cast delay, it'll probably be around slightly less than 2.3s per cast instead. That actually coincides with the amount of haste i have fully buffed and with nozdormu's buff, which is around 50% haste, which would bring doom bolt's cast time down to 2.25s.

So it seems from my log that the doomguard not only scales with your haste rating only, but more like it snapshots your current haste % at the time of summoning for its doom bolt cast time.

Would be nice to see more logs that support and confirm this claim though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hystify View Post
    My doomguard did a total of 60 doom bolt casts on madness with only 140secs uptime. Nozdormu's buff was still up during both times when i summoned him.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...=10927&e=11566

If its true that doomguard only scales with your haste rating only, i would only have roughly 21% haste unbuffed. That would result in a 2.7s cast time or so for doom bolt.

From my log though it seems that the average cast time of doom bolt was around 2.33s. Factoring in the doomguard's slow reaction time and cast delay, it'll probably be around slightly less than 2.3s per cast instead. That actually coincides with the amount of haste i have fully buffed and with nozdormu's buff, which is around 50% haste, which would bring doom bolt's cast time down to 2.25s.

So it seems from my log that the doomguard not only scales with your haste rating only, but more like it snapshots your current haste % at the time of summoning for its doom bolt cast time.

Would be nice to see more logs that support and confirm this claim though.
    Raid wide buffs like the red buff from sinestra also effect the doomguard. The haste buff has an aoe effect that effects guardians. You should also notice he has increased HP as well from the health buff. Thank you for posting your log to help confirm this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that it does indeed scale with IotCM. Mine had 34 casts yesterday on our ultraxion kill

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9232&e=9508