Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Of course they could, are they going to? Hope not. But a Fallout MMO? Not that either hope not it would ruin it if I'm honest...

Instead of turning ES into an MMO, why not just take elements from ES, such as the first person combat, and use that as a basis for an MMO/Multiplayer game?

Personally, I always thought it would be cool if Minecraft had more interesting combat, comparative to ES. While ES doesn't have great combat, it would be enough to make Minecraft a little more combat oriented. Now some people wouldn't want Minecraft to change, which is fine, so a whole new IP would probably need to be made.

A good first person MMO would be interesting to me. Think about stealth mechanics, you wouldn't need invisibility, because you could actually sneak up on someone, because it's played in first person.

I think the idea had potential, definitely, but I would rather see a whole new game come from it, rather than changing an existing one.

As for an Elder Scrolls MMO I would rather not see it happen, Bethesda can make a good single player open world RPG but as for an MMO im not sure how they would do.

On a side note the Fallout MMO that some people keep bring up is not being made by Bethesda its being made by Interplay, even the website that was linked is for
    Interplays Fallout MMO, which leads me to believe it will be far more like Fallout 1 and 2 over 3 and New Vegas. Also unless something drastically changes I do not
    foresee Bethesda having anything to do with the Fallout MMO considering the legal battle the two companies have been in over the game for quite some time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Considering the massive critical and commercial success of Skyrim, an Elder Scrolls MMO seems like a logical progression. However, I'm not sure how profitable it would actually be considering the large development costs and the stiff competition in the market. On the positive side, they would not have to develop everything from scrarch, the core storyline and game mechanics are already in place.

They could go with a Fallout MMOFPS instead to compete with Titan, but The Elder Scrolls seems like a more suitable candidate. Sadly, I think turning it into an MMO might ruin an amazing game and turn it into....no...the horror....WoW! and as they also say, if it's not broken, don't fix it. And clearly Skyrim isn't broken.

Thoughts?
    I sure hope not. It would be a complete waste of a game. Although perhaps it would teach the Blizzard haters what an actual bug-ridden piece of crap looks like. You better get mod support for your MMO there mate.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you're dreaming about a Skyrim MMO that has even -half- of the graphical beauty of the current game, you're naive. They can't just take their current game engine and throw it into an MMO. It would be completely horrid.
    That I think would be the easy part. It's running on an ancient engine. What graphical beauty? The only beauty you see is textures that you enjoy. The PC can do this as an MMO just fine.

I agree the game would be horrid though :P