Deleted

Blastwave/Flamestrike macro?

Hi Guys, long time reader - first time thread

Was just wondering if anybody could tell me or point me in the direction of a macro which allows me to cast blastwave where my mouse pointer currently is and also (if possible) within the same macro, if BW is on cd, it will use flamestrike instead.

A couple people may be wondering why i want this but the reason is simple - its 1 button instead of a couple and it also frees up a space or two on my action bars.

Thanks

Edit: I've seen the AOE stuff in the mage macro's thread but im not too good with macros and unsure as to what it does.

don't think any of that is possible
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

There is no modifier that will watch for when a spell is on cool down.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 blast wave, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike

I think that should work for the cd one
    Last edited by Tobedeleted123; 2012-01-07 at 08:54 AM.

Will this work?

/cast blastwave
    /cast flamestrike

If blastwave is up, it'll cast that, if not, it'll cast flamestrike?:P

Deleted
    If there isn't one for CD I suppose it is no big deal, just a quality of life train of thought

Is there one which allows me to do the other thing, that is to place where my cursor already is?

Thanks again for the fast replies guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh...you know there are talents that automatically cast Flamestrike when you BW 2+ targets?

I took FS off my bars a long time ago because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    Uhh...you know there are talents that automatically cast Flamestrike when you BW 2+ targets?

I am fairly sure Blastwave FS stacks with regular Flamestrike

#showtooltip
    /use [btn:1] Blast Wave
    /cast [btn:2] Flamestrike
    works good enough for me

Blastwave has a 15sec CD

Flamestrike has a 8sec duration

15sec-8secs=7secs.

If you want to keep flamestrike on ground under your targets, you're going to have to cast it midway through the blastwave CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    Is there one which allows me to do the other thing, that is to place where my cursor already is?
    No, not possible. The targeting reticle requires a mouse click to fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you push the button of flamestrike the circle will appear at your Mouse. But you have to trigger it yourself. afaik there is no mechanik that autotrigger it for you.. same with other similar spelleffects.

I looked for a similar macro in Wrath to throw Dynamit while combat but this inst possible.

Edit:

i use this:

/castsequence reset=14 Blastwave, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike Flamestrike,
    /cast [mod:alt] blastwave

i put in 9 flamestrikes after blastwave. if you want to spamm flamestrike for whatever reason it autocasts the blastwave too. 1,5 sec GCD x 9=13,5 secs.
    If you want to only cast bothe once the 14 sec reset takes care of it.

If the macro for whatevery reason gets stuck and you want that blastwave you can trigger it with ALT mod too. Works fine for me.

if you got bad latence you may take only 8 flamestrikes, if you are at the 1 sec GCD you may put in more.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2012-01-04 at 11:51 PM.

The Flamestrike "DoT" on the ground only lasts 8 seconds. For adds that stay alive for longer than that (like adds on Heroic Yor'sahj"), it may be good to refresh Flamestrike by casting Flamestrike (as opposed to Blastwave).

I have both Blastwave and Flamestrike on my bars. P:

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator View Post
    I am fairly sure Blastwave FS stacks with regular Flamestrike
    Correct, if you're aoeing you should always have a regular flamestrike on top of the one triggered by blastwave

Quote Originally Posted by Llyth View Post
    Correct, if you're aoeing you should always have a regular flamestrike on top of the one triggered by blastwave
    Ok thought so, but a lot of info in this thread seems to point away from that

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 blast wave, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike, flamestrike

I think that should work for the cd one
    the reset timer starts over each time you press the macro, so you'd have to wait 15secs after your last flamestrike before it goes back to blastwave.

tl;dr that won't work

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    if you push the button of flamestrike the circle will appear at your Mouse. But you have to trigger it yourself. afaik there is no mechanik that autotrigger it for you.. same with other similar spelleffects.

I looked for a similar macro in Wrath to throw Dynamit while combat but this inst possible.

Edit:

i use this:

/castsequence reset=14 Blastwave, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike Flamestrike,
    /cast [mod:alt] blastwave

i put in 9 flamestrikes after blastwave. if you want to spamm flamestrike for whatever reason it autocasts the blastwave too. 1,5 sec GCD x 9=13,5 secs.
    If you want to only cast bothe once the 14 sec reset takes care of it.

If the macro for whatevery reason gets stuck and you want that blastwave you can trigger it with ALT mod too. Works fine for me.

if you got bad latence you may take only 8 flamestrikes, if you are at the 1 sec GCD you may put in more.
    I've always used a macro like this, but yeah sometimes it gets stuck on Flamestrike. I'm not sure what causes it.

I use something like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Flamestrike; Blast Wave

Hold Alt for a FS, Blast Wave otherwise. As long as you have it on a keybind (or mouse bind) it will appear at your current cursor position.