Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Hold your horses...Blizzard is actually sticking to their guns.

    Whether you view the RMAH as a necessary evil or innovative way to generate revenue, the bottom line is that free battlenet remains. Admittedly, I'd like to see non-_RMAH softcore servers, but the RMAH is the result of Blizzard ownership forcing their parent company to come up with a way to make money without compromising the Diablo franchise and free play. I applaud them for not succumbing to the "big developer" pressure of puking out a game annually to maximize profit at the expense of integrity.

    Look no further than the financial success and utter failure as a
    game that is MW3...imho.
    Last edited by Raizuda; 2012-01-04 at 10:28 PM.

  2. #22
    I highly doubt that is why it's being delayed. They most likely want to release the game as polished and full as they can. I'd rather a smooth release than a buggy shitfest.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 06:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizuda View Post
    Whether you view the RMAH as a necessary evil or innovative way to generate revenue, the bottom line is that free battlenet remains. Admittedly, I'd like to see non-_RMAH softcore servers, but the RMAH is the result of Blizzard ownership forcing their parent company to come up with a way to make money without compromising the Diablo franchise and free play. I applaud them for not succumbing to the "big developer" pressure of puking out a game annually to maximize profit at the expense of integrity.

    Look no further than the financial success and utter failure as a
    game that is MW3...imho.
    Except blizzard IS being swayed by the big developer syndrome.

  3. #23
    Cause D3 is being pushed back all the other blizzard games all be pushed back like mop and hots...pffft. I just feel sorry for people who signed onto the annual pass so glad i didn't. Mostly what pisses me off is that i hope we do't have to put up with deathwing for a year before mop although it looks like its heading that way so they are probably gonna release some ruby sanctum equivalent.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Hear me out, and hear me well!
    I pulled this facts from my a#$ and they clearly indicate that blizzard is after "you and I's" money. I'm so very dissapointed, Even though i consider them evil bastards I still want to throw my money at them for this game and now i don't have anything better to do than to come QQ here....
    <puts tinfoil hat over safety helmet>
    -shows up in his tinfoil GEAR- im here, im scared, im irrational, and angry. What are we afraid of this time?

    ------

    Bugs are bugs regardless of if they are in the RMAH, I would have to veto your argument of Blizzard failing until we see how truely important this feature is as it could be a complete 'game' changer in the industry. They have stated before that it really wouldnt work in a WoW-esq senario anytime soon, but can you blame them for finding an alternate to a subscription fee, and they only stated they were taking a cut if you posted a lot in the AH, or if you goto cash out. Which paypal charges you to cash out anyways if I remember correctly.

  5. #25
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    they keep claiming that there seems to be tweaking and such that needs to be done.
    Which is funny. If they pushed back Cataclysm a few more months, they may have realized how shit it was and changed it up a bit.

    Tweaking is always good.

    Also I don't get how pushing back a game is greedy. They'd get their money sooner if they released it unfinished, don't you think?

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by iPluto View Post
    Cause D3 is being pushed back all the other blizzard games all be pushed back like mop and hots...pffft. I just feel sorry for people who signed onto the annual pass so glad i didn't. Mostly what pisses me off is that i hope we do't have to put up with deathwing for a year before mop although it looks like its heading that way so they are probably gonna release some ruby sanctum equivalent.
    The others wont be pushed back; they are being developed by different teams. That being said it will not effect MoP's release date dramatically, and as for another ruby sanctum Blizzard also has other content planned when they talked about 4.4 and the transition to MoP.

  7. #27
    A few years back, I was saying I would play anything that Blizzard releases. For many, it was a love brand.

    Taking a love brand and a great fanbase and turning it into a company who recieves almost hateful comments from a considerable number of people is amazing.

    Many of the trolls and Blizzard fans remaining here do not want to accept what is going on, however this is bad management all over the place.

    The diablo 3 release thingie in the op is not my subject. My subject is that how a company can choose tyranny and take a stance against customer satisfaction while they run their franchises with that point of view is beyond understanding.

    With similar arrogance nokia kodak and many other firms in the history of mankind gone from king to nothing.

    Addiction cannot go forever.



    Once again, I played everything since wc2 release. Blizzard was my love brand. I can't believe how things are slowly turning out.

    Not a sky is falling post this is, I just hope they get their act together and get released from vivendi group.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    [...]My subject is that how a company can choose tyranny and take a stance against customer satisfaction while they run their franchises with that point of view is beyond understanding.
    Can you develop "tyranny" and "stance against player satisfaction" ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    With similar arrogance nokia kodak and many other firms in the history of mankind gone from king to nothing.

    Addiction cannot go forever.
    And yet D3 is greatly awaited while D2 was released nearly 12 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    Not a sky is falling post this is, I just hope they get their act together and get released from vivendi group.
    On that I can't agree more.
    There is an upside, however : Vivendi still hasn't taken Blizzard over to the point that they are forced to release unfinished games.
    As long as they generate money, they are calling the shots.
    However, in my experience, bad top management can lead to dramatic decrease of quality/productivity/motivation/... and I would be praying for Blizzard not to fall under this scheme if I was a theist.

  9. #29
    @op
    I call BS on your post..

    Look I can be like you.. dosent the world feel much better now?

  10. #30
    Excuse me, but what is RMAH?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BullzRulez View Post
    Excuse me, but what is RMAH?

    Im guessing it would be the 'Real Money Auction House'

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BullzRulez View Post
    Excuse me, but what is RMAH?
    If you write those 4 letters on google you get insta-answer.

    As you are probably new to the Internet, I'll do it for you :
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RMAH

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryzorz View Post
    If you write those 4 letters on google you get insta-answer.

    As you are probably new to the Internet, I'll do it for you :
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RMAH
    God, whoever invented "let me google that for you" deserves all the glory!

  14. #34
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,528
    Oh, it is Jayden...known as maker of "Why WoW is shit" threads. Now you discovered Diablo 3? You really have it in for Blizzard. What did they do for you to be on such a Vendetta? It is not like you can backup your claims - so they just remain personal issues, feelings, opinions and conspiracy theories.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  15. #35
    I do not really care for the reasons why the postponed it. even if the reason is the RMAH they're still using the time to polish the game and iterate on the current systems (like the runes on which they still seems onsure how to put it in) so it is still fine

  16. #36
    The game is NOT ready in the beta. There are still some scriptfails.

    It shall take at least one more month and then two months until release I guess....March - April!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    I call BS.
    Yea... so they just made ALL those class changes for lolz? I don't think so.
    And complaining about it isn't going to make them release the game earlier (and because of that unfinished).

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Yep. Greed got the best of them.

    I have been thinking a lot recently about why the Diablo 3 release date keeps getting pushed back, and it seems the evidence points to greed and money.

    Hear me out.

    There are controversies about the RMAH not being able to be implemented in the game in certain countries (south korea for example). The game from the beta looks to be ready for release, however because Blizzard wants to ensure that their pockets will be filled with you and I's money (and the rest of the world), they keep claiming that there seems to be tweaking and such that needs to be done.

    I call BS.

    You can see all the news headlines on diii.net about the delays.

    I like the idea of the RMAH, and I would definitely use it, but please dont delay the game because of the desire to line your pockets with gold. Patch it in later, and get the game out.

    On another note, I guarantee that you will see some form of RMAH come to WoW in MoP or in the expansions ahead.
    Yes, the 30 minutes of beta seems finished so the whole game is finished.

    Are you fucking high? Seriously?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They will get the same money from sales now or in three months, that isn't an issue. They will also continue to pay their team regardless, the entire d3 team isn't going to get canned just because the game got released.

    The only thing they lose from waiting is potential revenue from the RMAH in the Western kingdoms, but that obviously pales in comparison to what they stand to make from South Korea. It is possible that if they ship the game now they will never be able to resolve the issues in Asia, and a few months of RMAH revenue versus never being able to collect from one of their biggest markets - I'm sure their management made the decision for them. Bashiok certainly doesn't seem to be happy about the repeated delays, either.

    Of course, no one but Blizzard knows the exact reason. You can take their word for it, if you want, but there is plenty of reason for them to delay for reasons other than "making it perfect." D3 devs admitted the game was shippable a year ago, since then they've just been "making it a little bit better," but they can do that through patches as well, so why not collect their money now, if not for some larger political reason?
    I'm utterly and completely stunned by your one on one conversion of my thoughts. It's unbelievable people do not see it for what it is. I'm happy some of us, even more so that it happens to be a mod, still appear to have brains.

    Yes, obviously the entire BETA was nothing other than giving people a demo to play, on a smaller scale. The game was finished 3 months ago. Blizzard will lose an immense amount of (pre-calculated)revenue if Korea decides to ban the game, or to prevent the RMAH. There is no way, that this fact didn't come as a more than "minor set-back" to their plans. Virtual death is nothing compared to how they suddenly envisioned their stocks plummeting. We're talking about an entire marketing team that made the fuck-up of their lives. Instead of basing calculations on local laws in the country they want to distribute DIII, they arrogantly assumed that they'd be able to force it.

    They simply didn't do their homework, got to point of finishing and releasing the game and then suddenly Korea goes apeshit and blocks the game from releasing by confronting Blizzard with a last minute fact. Remove the RMAH, or DIII won't release in Korea.

    I can't even begin to imagine the size of the eye-balls of the CEO, but they must've really looked big when team Marketing came crawling in to get their asses kicked in a way they never had been before. Ever.

    Does that force Blizzard to delay? Hell fucking yes!

    --------------
    P.S. I'm not one of the people that actively joined the "consipiricy talk".
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-01-05 at 01:46 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by OrkInferis View Post
    You are absolutely correct, OP.

    It's all greed, and it's all about the RMAH.

    It's not like Blizzard has a reputation already built in about taking forever to release games, to the point where even the word "soon" has it's own meme....
    I am not saying you are wrong, but they have other reputations they have built recently as well...Ones that support the OP...
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.
    SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2MpjV9 7 free days and other free stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •