Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It's the modern mentality of releasing the games unfinished just cause they can fix it later that's the reason so much broken crap is out these days, it's pushing the games out early that's the greed, especialy when they end up not really finishing or maintaining the game afterwards.

If the game is released where it's considered properly finished, you can expect the company to fix eventual bugs afterwards, if it's released unfinished you may expect them to reach the point it should have been where it started, and leave it at that.

I wonder what would happen if Korea decided and yet we still wont hear about release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    There are controversies about the RMAH not being able to be implemented in the game in certain countries (south korea for example). The game from the beta looks to be ready for release, however because Blizzard wants to ensure that their pockets will be filled with you and I's money (and the rest of the world), they keep claiming that there seems to be tweaking and such that needs to be done.
    I follow your reasoning and I agree that the legal troubles in Korea are most likely the reasons for the D3 delay; from what I've read the designers are pretty much good to go and this extra time is seen as a bonus for extra tweaks (following the Blizzard's philosophy that a game is never really done).

However I don't see how delaying the launch world-wide can be equated to greed. If the RMAH is set to be the massive money-spinner some peeps are assuming it will be, why aren't they getting it out here as soon as possible to start the cash-cow, er, mooing? Delaying the game for this only pushes up development costs whilst delaying revenue.

Blizzard are saying it will be better for everyone if we get a simultaneous, world-wide release and I can see their point. How much would it suck to watch other players getting all the world-first achievements on Hell and Hardcore whilst the lawyers and accountants do their jobs? The phrase slap-in-the-face gets thrown around a lot on forums but I could certainly find a use for it in this case for Korea, especially as they're just making their mark on the WoW PvE scene and considering the huge amount of support the country has given Blizzard on the e-sports scene.

On another note, I guarantee that you will see some form of RMAH come to WoW in MoP or in the expansions ahead.
    I was going to disagree with this statement but you've left a lot of wiggle-room as WoW could run for a decade yet and who knows what business model will be viable in the future? However I believe the days where you see items that gives in-game power with a £sign next to them are a long way away, probably after a f2p model is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    Once again, I played everything since wc2 release. Blizzard was my love brand. I can't believe how things are slowly turning out.

Not a sky is falling post this is, I just hope they get their act together and get released from vivendi group.
    Most of the Blizzard games you have loved were produced under the control of Vivendi including SC, D2, WC3 and WoW.

To claim the game is ready for release is asinine. Even the beta testers only get to test about 45-60 minutes of gameplay. Unless you work directly on the entire game FOR Blizzard Entertainment then your statement has zero weight and no value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Planar Sphere View Post
    I understand why RMAH is present in D3, but I highly doubt they are going to implement this on WoW. It wouldn't work.
    As long as bots and hackers are so common in WoW they wont add RMAH to WoW, since that would only feed $ to the botters. And unless they totally rewrite WoW from scratch i don't see those issues being fixed, so people afraid of RMAH coming to WoW do not have to worry.