15+ Year Old Account

Laptop randomly shutting down while playing League of Legends

I have a problem, but I am unsure about where the problem lies. It might be League of Legends or my laptop. But so far it has only happened while playing League of Legends. I've probably had this issue for some few weeks now.

In a 40 minute game my computer crashes in average 2 times. Sometimes 3, and sometimes once. Everything turns off instantly like if you hold down the on/off button. Then I have to start the laptop up and reconnect to the game. I think it occurs randomly, but I haven't experienced it happening with a gap less than 10 minutes. And it's not like it happens when I enter a team fights with graphics appearing. It happens when I am at the tower, or at base. Anywhere.

I know it's not the battery, because then the laptop would be able to play for some few minutes and then enter slumber mode. I don't think I am burdening my computer, because I've in 3 years been able to play on it and I tried testing WoW with maximum settings walking around in Stormwind with 10-15 FPS and nothing happened. But in LoL with everything max except shadows and 60 FPS it happens. I am not playing other games, so I haven't tested it.

Please tell me what might be wrong. I really want to be able to play with my friends. I know you'll say "Buy a new...", but I really want to hold on to this for as long as I can. I will buy a new replacement later on, but I can't right now, and I really need this to fulfill my demands. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happened to me last night. I thought it was battery, but it was still at 20%. No problems when it was plugged in though.

Tried cleaning you computer? Maybe it overheats .. If that is the case then either clean it or put a book under it to allow more air to reach the vent to cool it down

10+ Year Old Account
    Overheating is probably the biggest issue, have you recently dusted off your laptop?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...aptop_dust.jpg
    Bear in mind it won't look like that from outside, it's inside.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    You're right. A book under it helped. .P

i suggest getting a laptop cooling pad (usb), will make loads of difference

Maybe it has something to do with the display settings? I had trouble when I changed my window size and the game crashed.

To sound redundant, it is most likely your cooling. Take a look at the temps and see how they are. Other than that you could have a low voltage battery.

While I can tell the intention was to help, please take a look at thread dates before replying as this is over a year old. Thanks!

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions