Deleted

How long does the Hyper 212+ last?

I am wondering how long this CPU cooler will last (I have it for I think 4-5 months now?

I always have it running at 100% (cba to go to motherboard menu and fiddle with options)

I hope it will last me at least some years.

The heatsink? Until something physically breaks on it.
    The fan will go way before the heatsink.

The problem you might run into is that CoolerMaster stops supporting the Hyper 212 series (unlikely for another few years), where you can't mount them in the traditional manner.

Fan will last anything from 3 to 10 years, depending on your luck and how many hours you keep the computer on and how often you clean out the dust.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I am wondering how long this CPU cooler will last (I have it for I think 4-5 months now?

I always have it running at 100% (cba to go to motherboard menu and fiddle with options)

I hope it will last me at least some years.
    It should last you for a few years, but you should also take 5 seconds to set a temp target so the fan isn't constantly spinning and creating unnecessary noise.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    It should last you for a few years, but you should also take 5 seconds to set a temp target so the fan isn't constantly spinning and creating unnecessary noise.
    Nah, i don't mind sound. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Until it fills with dust and you have to take it out for a bath.... then drop it...oppss... just not the same when the pipes get bent.

I've never had a heat sink break, and I've never had a fan burn out except when it got so much dust in the motor it couldn't spin anymore. It's probably safe to say that it'll last longer than any other part in your computer besides maybe the case.
    Super casual.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    CPU heatsinks are one of the few things that should last a few years as long as the CPU socket type is supported.