SWTOR is crashing

Alright so been playing SWTOR none stop past week or so (Everything has been working great)

& logged off and went to lay down for a hour or so (SWTOR Break), came back to open it back up and on the loading screen after I clicked "Play" on the character page.. half way through, it just exits. Doesn't pop up a error or anything.. just closes down.

Opened it again and the 2nd time it pops up a error and says "Too many other files are currently in use by 16-bit programs. Exit one or more 16-bit programs, or increase the FILES command in your config.sys file." Then my pc shunts down.

I have never got that error before and Ive been playing games on this PC for years even WoW in ultra settings.

So any idea before I call a pc place and save me hours of looking on google?

If you all have any more questions just ask, Thanks.

PC System Info [Just In Case]
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.21 GHz
    4.00GB
    Nvidia GeForce 9800GT
    32-bit Operating System
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2012-01-04 at 10:54 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    1) Did you try restarting the PC?
    2) Have you tried using the built in repair feature of the game?

Naturally, the first thing to check is that your drivers (most importantly GPU) are up to date. If they are and the game is still crashing, it's probably a good idea to try re-downloading the game, it could have a corrupt file.
    Super casual.

I noticed some weird failing shit too.. like i can be on my speeder on the station and turn in place by a vender and see outside in space, all of the sudden that was happening, and the warzone log out drama today too, so it might not be you.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had similar issues during beta with the client not wanting to re-open after closing it. The problem was that the client had not closed properly. Open Task Manager and make sure that there are no swtor.exe's running. If there are, kill them off, then try again.

... or reboot like Culadin said.

Logged on today, got to the character screen, picked my toon, and then, while I was at the loading screen, suddenly no more SW:TOR. Re-did the process and no problems yet.

Thanks for all replys.. I just went into preferences while on the server screen and turned the graphics to med instead of high and is working now. which I really dont think is the problem.. iama try it with high graphics again and see but if anything ill try and re download it later or try that task manager thing. Thanks all