Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dark intent, shadow or feral

Good Evening everyone

I have the following issue: I usualy dont get dark intent during my 10-man hc raids (DS), instead the feral druid (GM with boob bonus) gets the buff. In my oppinion i consider it more useful to myself (shadow priest) rather than for the feral. I tried to explain it to her but she didnt give a **** about it, however... who does. So what I wanna know is, for which class whould it be the best improvement.

Please help me, I would be gratefull for replys.

Thanks in advance.

PS: My english sucks, sorry for that.

Shadow priest is miles ahead of Feral for DI. It wasn't even close when Feral's damage was mostly DoT and since then they've reduced the DoT damage and increased the Shred portion.

it will benefit the warlock more to give it to the feral druid (not getting guild kicked) your gm sound like she will throw a fit if the warlock will change target

on serious note
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tent-%284.2%29

hello, On the priest...the 3% hates work for the feral and the priest also the proc crit. from the lock that give you 3% damage on dots.
    Priest have much more dots and the Dps is mostly from dots.

The feral also would never give the lock the 9% damage from the buff proc off the feral as he would would never get crit. from dot less than 9sec. so overall it's better for the shadow.
    Feral dot damage or also less than a shadow

hope my enlgish wasn't worse try to answer hope that help you
    Last edited by Beenieshaman; 2012-01-05 at 12:27 AM.

Sure shadow has more benefit with it then a feral druid but when it comes down to it, its the warlocks choice. Might not be the optimal choice but there is no rule that says shadow priest must get DI

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was in that scenario, I would probably leave the guild on principal. Any GM/Raid Leader that is putting their personal success above that of the raid is no one I would want to play with. And it likely means it isn't a very good raid group, either.

That said... it is so much better for the Shadow Priest and the Warlock if it is on the shadow priest. The only reason I might put it on the druid would be in a situation where the druid was doing more than 30k DPS and the priest was doing 15k DPS and regularly let their DoTs fall off with 50% uptime... something like that.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Had a GM once who openly admitted she played favorites with herself and the other females in guild. I put up with it because I liked the people in the guild.

My only bit of advice to you is to NOT put up with it. Quietly go about finding a new raiding guild, don't even make a fuss about it.

if you have a fire mage, they're a better choice than either.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    I lol'd.

But OT: Shadowpriests over Ferals anyday. Also note that shadowpriests multidot!

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    false

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    feral tank or feral dps?

also, why does this annoy you unless you are failing on ultraxion cause of dps?
    dictated but not read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it to a Resto Druid :P

I honestly thought it was only activated from spells (DI that is).

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Shad priest > boomy > fire mage > resto druid > sv hunter > feral druid

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Shad priest > boomy > fire mage > resto druid > sv hunter > feral druid
    Depends on how you value the proc. If you are going by straight up uptime then resto druid is by far the best, and feral druid is definitely above survival hunter regardless. Boomkins overtake spriests at higher gear levels also.

priest, there is no question, and your raid leader is silly for letting the warlock put it on the feral, GM or no GM.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Depends on how you value the proc. If you are going by straight up uptime then resto druid is by far the best, and feral druid is definitely above survival hunter regardless.
    Only just, And Shadow Priests are still the number 1 dps class to give DI in terms of overall dps for the raid. Personally if you have a resto druid it should go to them.

If i was the OP i would explain that in terms of progression it is better for me to give DI to the spriest, if they don't like it or have a cry over it just gquit. No need to raid with selfish twats.

It is more optimal to have it on the shadow priest.

However, it's not make or break unless you're tight on timers, and if she wants to be selfish and whiny, find a new guild.

I know I wouldn't put up with it-- I've left guilds before where there were men AND women like her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieshaman View Post
    hello, On the priest...the 3% hates work for the feral and the priest also the proc crit. from the lock that give you 3% damage on dots.
    Priest have much more dots and the Dps is mostly from dots.

The feral also would never give the lock the 9% damage from the buff proc off the feral as he would would never get crit. from dot less than 9sec. so overall it's better for the shadow.
    Feral dot damage or also less than a shadow

hope my enlgish wasn't worse try to answer hope that help you
    From what I understand, you are saying that Ferals will never give the Warlock the 9% damage buff? I must correct you on this. Ferals have 2 dots that can crit easily, one once every 3, the other, once every 2, and they both crit often enough to give the warlock a decent 100% uptime.

Warlock, your GM obviously has no interest in serious progression. My advice? Either take the loss, or find a new guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    feral tank or feral dps?

also, why does this annoy you unless you are failing on ultraxion cause of dps?
    yo, good morning from Belgium !

Feral DPS of course.

It annoys me because the 3% haste would give me more room for different gear choices, I could reach some caps for 1 or 2 more DoT ticks for VT or DP. These are of course details but I care about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevatez View Post
    Good Evening everyone

I have the following issue: I usualy dont get dark intent during my 10-man hc raids (DS), instead the feral druid (GM with boob bonus) gets the buff. In my oppinion i consider it more useful to myself (shadow priest) rather than for the feral. I tried to explain it to her but she didnt give a **** about it, however... who does. So what I wanna know is, for which class whould it be the best improvement.

Please help me, I would be gratefull for replys.

Thanks in advance.

PS: My english sucks, sorry for that.
    Of course it should go to you, the shadow priest, over a feral druid.

With that said, kind of annoyed that you have to bring gender into this...she probably gets what she wants because she is the GM, not because she is a she. >_>