Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does Blizzard hate Holy Paladin ?

And for once in our pathetic little lives we can aoe like normal healers and it gets nerfed . Why ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

It's only the 4set that is getting nerfed, relax. Our Holy Radiance is still the best aoe heal in-game, i don't even have 4set yet and i think it's insane.

Deleted
    Not really sure what nerf you are referring to as I haven't read about any changes to Holy Radiance. If it's the reduction to a 5 percent increase (down from 20 percent), to our 4 set bonus then that's old news, and in any event it's still a decent and worthwhile increase to our most used spell.

It's a tooltip update, nothing changes.... The amount of times this has been stated already...
    us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4023884 check December 6.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-01-05 at 03:04 AM.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...agon_Soul/hps/

Check 10 man and 25 man HPS rankings. Then whine some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    It's a tooltip update, nothing changes.... The amount of times this has been stated already...
    us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4023884 check December 6.
    Thanks for the info . This means that the 4 set is crap ? And I'm sorry for the whine but for the first time we can finally aoe like normal people (and I'm smelling a nerf in the 5.0.0 patch or a previous one)
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Agreed even without the 4 set it's still amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clearly because we have shiny helmets.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I wouldn't say that Blizzard hate holy paladins. They actually gave us a very good AoE heal. And the 20% buff was obviously too strong no wonder why they nerfed that bonus.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're in the best condition we've been in for a long time. I can't believe people are complaining.
    The 4pc set bonus was far too strong and deserved to be brought back in line, it's still a nice boost at 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    We're in the best condition we've been in for a long time. I can't believe people are complaining.
    The 4pc set bonus was far too strong and deserved to be brought back in line, it's still a nice boost at 5%.
    The funny part is, that's already in effect... they can't update tooltips without a client-side patch. The 5% hotfix is live right now.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The funny part is, that's already in effect... they can't update tooltips without a client-side patch. The 5% hotfix is live right now.
    Yeah I know. Pretty sure it's been live since early December, not sure why this is a big shock to some people.

When you can take three Holy Paladins to a 10-man Herioc Raid and still be awesome then there is a problem, in my opinion. This nerf does nothing to quell that problem and as such don't be an overdramatic primmadona. Your single target healign is much stronger than most to compensate for the lack of AoE power you had, now you have some pretty reem AoE so if anything I'd expect a boot in your single target soon or even for you to lose a cooldown or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do paladins cry for buffs when they don't need them? The world may never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    We're in the best condition we've been in for a long time.
    Too bad the gamemechanics have been reverted to a state of bad behaviour and oldschool healing. Our most used spell is SO overused nowadays since it is literally raining shit on all raiders allmost permanently.

I'd rather have to choose what heal to use than glare at my oh-so-OP-aoe-heals in penismeter.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    Too bad the gamemechanics have been reverted to a state of bad behaviour and oldschool healing. Our most used spell is SO overused nowadays since it is literally raining shit on all raiders allmost permanently.

I'd rather have to choose what heal to use than glare at my oh-so-OP-aoe-heals in penismeter.
    Prior to 4.3 you just spammed DL instead of HR (and clicking HR every 20 sec) what's so different?

Holy paladins have been the best healer every tier this expansion with priests (tier 11), druids (tier 12) and shamans (tier 13) taking turns for the #2 spot. You guys have it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajwon View Post
    Prior to 4.3 you just spammed DL instead of HR (and clicking HR every 20 sec) what's so different?
    Did you? I couldn't manawise. Sure in the end it got more and more DL than HL but the choice was more important since there was no real no-brainer-heal. Nowadays if in doubt cast holy radiance.

Do you even still use FoL to save someone because you have to? Most of the time now you spend your time pumping HR with the occasional Shock on lower-end-HP-players. Other than that it's mostly HL. Either the AOE damage is so overwhelming that there is just no TIME for choice or the damage is so ridiculously low that there is no need for chosing a heal.

A paladin killed GC's parents.

Because they spend their time up on the cross lamenting how much the Developers hate them as shown by how ruthlessly they correct your tooltips.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.