Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for better Horde PVP.

Can someone recommend a strong Horde PVP server? On my current one Alliance wins Tol Barad almost every time, and battlegrounds have gotten completely ridiculous. Our queues are instant, but Alliance absolutely dominates, easily winning 4 out of every 5 if not worse. The last 2 days it took me 8 or more tries before finally getting a win. As a player that exclusively PVPs, things have gotten so one sided for me it's making me not want to play anymore. I'm just looking to transfer somewhere with decent queue times where Horde is at least competitive.

I don't think you should switch servers just to win TB. If it's to find arena partners IF you can't find anyone on your server, that's different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't think you should switch servers just to win TB. If it's to find arena partners IF you can't find anyone on your server, that's different.
    If it's the problem of him not being able to get into TB due to faction imbalances, then it's understandable.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    If it's the problem of him not being able to get into TB due to faction imbalances, then it's understandable.
    I don't really care at all about Tol Barad, just illustrating how frustrating of a gameplay experience it is when no matter what kind of PVP I do these days, it is total Alliance domination. Tonight during a 4 hour playsession I lost 16 bgs in a row, and 2 TBs no joke. Just want to move my toons somewhere I can actually enjoy myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not playing against your server, you're playing against your battlegroup (for the most part) and more importantly, who else is playing when you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Strong PvP servers for Horde?
    Illidan, Daggerspine (Used to be really good at least.), Rivendare, Dragonmaw, Bonechewer, Area 52, and Mal'Ganis.

Unfortunately these are heavily stacked towards Horde (Illidan is something crazy like 30:1 Horde:Alliance ratio), but are the most well known Horde PvP servers.

If you're on EU Outland is by far the best realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cer, Battleground wins/losses aren't just your server anymore. It used to be just your battlegroup but they even got rid of that long ago. That's the whole Horde faction from every realm in your world region. It really sounds like you are just having bad luck, a good rule of thumb I personally use is: If you lose 2 in a row stop queueing for a few hours. Some people queuing at certain times of the day/week just don't mesh or work well together.

Either way, as far as transferring, I recommend Dragonmaw. I moved a few of my toons there and it's pretty solid. You'll have a hard time even getting IN Tol Barad offensive battles as Horde, though.

bgs have nothing to do with your server and very little to do with your battlegroup (though it does match you in preference to your server>battlegroup>all servers in that order)

losing tb constantly is a problem I agree, but even on my server which has something like 10:1 horde to alliance ratio alliance do win tb sometimes late at night.

Battleground loses or wins all depend on your battlegroup, obviously tb depends on your server.

The best horde server i know is mal'ganis, filled with gladiators and duelists. We all have our bad luck like in blade's edge alliance, we lose majority of the time, but im able to pull off 1 bh.

Illidan horde is insane, extremely strong pvp community and a very high number of players on this server with like 95 percent being horde.

um, recently horde BGs have taken a turn for the worse. pre 4.3 my BG win:loss was 7.14:1. and its rapidly decreasing. id like to appropriate this to the multitude of alliance nubs that transferred horde. but... maybe im just getting super unlucky with my groups the last couple days.

to answer your question, illidan is a great server for tol barad. the BG group (yeah, theyve all been "grouped together" but you still have priority BG realms) is rather weak tho. so, if your biggest motivation is TB... come to illidan. if your biggest motivation is BGs... go to anetheron. horde nearly always wins lol. and if your biggest motivation is arenas... SPAM THAT /2

I play Horde and for me it depends on time of day. After midnight PST, Horde seems to turn in pumpkins, and it seems to stay that way all through the AM hours. In the evening is when it picks up and I win more then I lose, maybe 2 out of every 3. Gets frustrating for me though because of my odd work hours, I normally have much more time to run uninterrupted BG's through the wee hours of the AM. On Executus, TB is very competitive, with the attacking force almost always winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not trying to be an ass here, but really... if you're losing that much, look at what YOU can do to improve. 40mans are a crap shoot, I get that. However, 10-15 mans can easily be swayed with a single skilled player. Or, if you really enjoy pvp'ing, queue up with 2-4 friends and just dominate.

Deleted
    Go to wowprogress.com and browse the servers in your region, there you can see Alliance:Horde ratio.

10 to 15 mans can't be swung by one player. Three players, I'd say yeah, huge difference. Find PVP friends to queue with. TB will probably always be one sided because of your server, but you can always queue with real id friends for BGs.

Tol Barad is the diet coke of PvP, in my experience over the last year, a good portion of the people who Q up are in raid gear and are there just to secure BH.

In regards to BGs, it doesn't matter which server you transfer to, all the battlegroups were merged a while back. But as has been said here already, Quing up with a friend makes a world of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I know your post is a little dated but in case you follow up on this, ahem.... it hasn't changed. Its gotten worse. I made a decision just tonight to stop PvP until WoW can figure out how to make pvp more talent based vs bot tastic and totally alliance sided.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried switching the times you do BGs? I have found that there are definite times of day and certain days where Horde seems to be mentally challenged and other times I win 6 straight.

Also, get friends who are hunting honor gear and queue as group on vent. You would be surprised at how just 3 to 4 folks all together on vent can swing a BG. If you have no one to run with, you may want to consider a more populated guild. Easier said than done I know. Lots of folks putting up wanting 5k resil or full Heroic Dragon Soul link achieve type crap. But, there are guilds not as anal. They are just less vocal.

There are ways to work this other than QQing and blaming Blizz because you are not owning every time you press "enter BG".

Individual effort/skill will have the biggest impact on your w/l ratio in the long run. You may win more BGs if you go to a battlegroup that has a dominant PvP realm (KT, Illidian), but, you should criticize your own gameplay before you fork over money on a server transfer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xista View Post
    Individual effort/skill will have the biggest impact on your w/l ratio in the long run. You may win more BGs if you go to a battlegroup that has a dominant PvP realm (KT, Illidian), but, you should criticize your own gameplay before you fork over money on a server transfer.
    ^^This.

Also be careful. I have known of folks that transferred over to servers just to get into certain raids, RBG groups, etc only to not be invited when they got there with a community worse than what they left. Server transfers also do not take care of problems like poor interpersonal skills or not wanting to get better. Not saying that is your problem. Just consider all options.