Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

If you goto www.warcraftrealms.com, and look at the faction history graph... you'll see that the impact of 4.3 is officially over -- faction activity is now lower than pre-4.3, and the lowest its been ... ever. 600 players per faction per realm *peak* average for horde.

Christmas break is over, skyrim impact is probably slowing down... people who like rift will come back. The longer rift kicks around, the more likely people will be willing to invest in the title... 'oh, guess its *not* a flash in the pan'.

MMOs are big commitments. It takes time to build an audience.

above post = XD for fenced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    I suddenly had the worst case of latency issues I have ever had in any game. The GMs sucked so bad at helping me and tried to blame it on my net (Which it wasnt...)
    Actually they were probably right, it was your Net or to be more exact, your ISP...seems a few months ago whatever ports Rift was using a lot of ISP's sniffers didn't like and assumed Rift was a bit torrent programme and they throttled peoples Net causing all those huge latency spikes and swings

Trion went way above and beyond the call of duty and spoke to virtually every ISP in the World and had that issue resolved in a week or so...haven't seen anybody these days complain of that latency issue

Deleted
    Well yeah but its not like I could phone the internet company up and say hey I suspect you have blocked traffic to rift now could I? :P Thats Rifts responsibility.
    Also if this were the case they could have told me this is the reason instead of just saying "Its your isp".

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    I had an account sitting around ticking over which I hadn't thought about until I heard they'd been hacked & I suddenly got a serious reason to pay attention to my Rift account again.

Wouldn't surprise me if that incident gained them a few subscribers back rather than purely losing them subscribers - got people thinking about the game again for the first time in a while. Rift didn't hold my attention the first time around, but it did succeed in being good enough that I'd give it a second chance. They lost me purely because of latency issues caused by ISP misidentifying their traffic as P2P & presumably that's been fixed by now.

So despite the fact my first reaction to the hack was to completely close my account, my second reaction was to want to try the game again & I doubt I'm the only one lol
    The same for me. Initially I went in to change my password and when I noticed it gave me the days straight away I thought I might as well log in and scratch that itch - not intending to play beyond the free days. I went to hand in a crafting daily in Scarwood Reach and was blown away by the changes. Last time it was all dirt and bare rock, but now there was grass growing all over the place. I'm still not sure if it's that the game has seasons, or that the life rifts that frequent the area started to make a more permanent change - either is really exciting to be honest. That was enough for me to resub for six months and give it another go and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post
    The same for me. Initially I went in to change my password and when I noticed it gave me the days straight away I thought I might as well log in and scratch that itch - not intending to play beyond the free days. I went to hand in a crafting daily in Scarwood Reach and was blown away by the changes. Last time it was all dirt and bare rock, but now there was grass growing all over the place. I'm still not sure if it's that the game has seasons, or that the life rifts that frequent the area started to make a more permanent change - either is really exciting to be honest. That was enough for me to resub for six months and give it another go and I haven't been disappointed yet.
    They updated it awhile back after a lot of complaints or suggestions. The zone wasn't 'different' enough, or just too barren. I still haven't seen the changes for myself yet, which is probably a reason to go log in early =P

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    wolfsbane had a que
    Yeah, but I think that has more to do with people consistently recommending it (whether they play there or not) simply due to its frequent "High" status and Trion being way too slow to put a stop to transfers. Now we have queues (again) and the server wide lag is atrocious. All of yesterday I was in red latency. There is a lot of animosity towards transfers from the natives because of that too.

I desperately want to get into Rift raiding but still waiting on a small gear reset before I get on it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    I desperately want to get into Rift raiding but still waiting on a small gear reset before I get on it.
    this, so much. i recently came back, resubbed.. got to 50, did some T2s.. found that the grind was going to take a while. i found a great guild that wants to help me a lot, but id love there to be a new introduction raid that may has a heroic wing/hard part to keep the existing raider base happy

Quote Originally Posted by Faaip View Post
    this, so much. i recently came back, resubbed.. got to 50, did some T2s.. found that the grind was going to take a while. i found a great guild that wants to help me a lot, but id love there to be a new introduction raid that may has a heroic wing/hard part to keep the existing raider base happy
    I respect what you said, but trying to understand this point of view. you want a new introductory raid for new content because you did the other lower tier raids, or you want an introductory raid to gear quicker and be able to do the top end, best in slot progression raid?

if I understand the concept, players want to do only the last raid so they can brag about achievements or show off gear.

I think the phrase "journey not the destination" applies here. a lot of players miss out on raids because they start playing at a time when the gear they can acquire is higher level than the raid. so the raid becomes "old and obsolete" though the mechanics would be challenging if you were in that appropriate level gear. the raid may still be a well designed raid, even if its too easy because one is overgeared or overleveled.

so my perception is gear and challenge is relative. bragging rights aside, why would you want better gear to miss most of the content? rift has a quality that you can play how you want, and experience various levels and style of content. the point being to have fun. why would someone want to throw away all the content that, for all intents and purposes would be content designed specifically for them at that level bracket. the content was made for "tier 1 raid" if you're in tier 1 gear, then I think it would be better to find a system or mechanic design to allow you to participate in tier 1 with others. why do you want easy dungeons to drop tier 3 raid gear equivalent so you can bypass all the content that you haven't done yet?

obviously, if you have done the content already, this would be moot, this is mostly a question for people who haven't started current content or even playing rift yet. more content is a good thing, so why throw away good content that you haven't experienced yet for "new" tier 3 content, as all content is new to you.

TL;DR play the game for fun and at your level (hopefully that's fun) if you play for bragging rights or validation from someone else, you'll never be satisfied, especially when you receive jealousy or contempt rather than praise and validation for your achievements.

edit: sorry for off topic. my servers have been a lot more active as well. mostly at lower levels 1-30, I think more people are joining the game. also many new player questions in 1-29 and sanctum ^ ^
    Last edited by Runintowalls; 2012-01-10 at 02:36 PM.

It has decrease this week...

Literally every time I visit Sanctum, I see the emote/announcement of someone getting their 3,6 or 12 month anniversary achievement. I take it as a sign there's a steady stream of players returning.

Deleted
    I'm on a low population shard anyway, but already I can see an increase of people coming back from Skyrim and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    It has decrease this week...
    I am actually waiting on tomorrow evenings numbers, as then it will be exactly a week since the last time I posted. Mid week after resets and patches tends to be the high point and so makes a good comparison reference as the % difference is easier to note.

As it stands at the moment, the US servers mostly appear slightly quieter, while the EU ones seem slightly more busy. I'll post again tomorrow.

my server got a trial server notice this morning. looks like 5 shards did as well.

we're gathering up all the guilds on our shard and tryin to decide what server to go to.

looks like gnarlwood or greybriar.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by DDazzle View Post
    my server got a trial server notice this morning. looks like 5 shards did as well.

we're gathering up all the guilds on our shard and tryin to decide what server to go to.

looks like gnarlwood or greybriar.
    What server are you on?
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

i'm on alsbeth right now. i was lookin over the forums and see a few more that got a nice today. looks like they shut down transfers to wolfsbane today finally.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 01:55 PM ----------

so far i've found Alsbeth, Estrael, Atrophinius, Belmont, Galena. all have a notice. i had to go through all the shard threads to find this info. didn't see any direct info for it from trion.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Well I must say. The population is really going up. Now there is one Full server with a queue of 38, a high server, 12 medium, and 13 low. Not bad. Its nice to see queues again =D Good sign for Rift!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80