Thread: GDF IAs

GDF IAs

Ok i am not 1 to complain much about a game in both pvp and pve but

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT Bioware needs to NERFBAT that damn IA shank.

I get a 2sec knockdown and see some IA douche shank me FOUR FUCKING TIMES while i have to wait to get up. heat time it hits for 500 from a lvl 50 IA.
    it gets MUCH worse if my tenacity is on CD. If thats the case then HELL im done even before i get outta the SIX second stun. (well least it feels that long lol)

Now i play a trooper with heavy armor i HATE to see what IAs can do to medium and light armor wearers thats if armor plays much of a role in damage reduction.

ok well this rant is over back to the pvp grind. MAN this PvP is kinda fun except the buttrapes lol.

What AC are you? As Mercenary (Commando mirror) I deal with Operatives / Scoundrels by knocking them away with Jet Boost (Concussion Charge). Because I spend almost my entire time on higher ground, it's very effective as they cannot reach me after that, especially in Huttball.

Though, there are times where you cannot be in high spots, if you encounter any melee on even ground, you are at disadvantage. Luckily for you, you don't have to face them alone! Move with your group and stay with other ranged, they will deal with them for you. If you end up in 1v1 situations and survive the opener, your best bet is to Concussion Charge and get couple of Grav Rounds before starting kiting him and using your instant abilities.

The knockdown is 3 seconds. The GCD is 1.5 seconds. The knockdown fills your resolve bar (no idea why, but it does), making you immune to CC (if it doesn't it's the bug that causes resolve not to work and not anything do not with Operatives). With that knowledge go forth and rage a little less.

As an Operative I have no problem admitting the knockdown is a bit much and could be lowered .5 - to a full second, but it really just seems like a l2p issue on your end from the way you typed your post.

Operative/Scoudrels are beasts 1v1 though, there's no denying it. I think that if there was a better way to have organized PvP in the game than attempting to queue with 3 others, it would be a lot more feasible to take advantage of their weaknesses. But as things work now, if you get caught 1v1 against these guys you better hope you've got your c/ds up or you're done.

Its not 1 ability hes using its several. Our knives are used in many attacks. Also if IA gona get nerfd, nerf Smugglers too. Same class.

It's really a bit overkill. If it's a 3s knockdown from stealth then the IA definitely has quite a few non-GCD abilities. As a 50 jugg I frequently get incapacitated then take a 4k crit followed by a 2k crit and a string of 500 hits. By the time I stand up I can't even do anything.

Of course, if I catch the melee Operative/Scoundrel out of stealth I wreck it without a bit of trouble which sucks for them.

It reminds me of Rogues in BC pvp. Useless out of stealth and monstrously overpowered in stealth.

This is beginning to feel a lot like WOW, where people demand nerfs without any consideration given to what a nerf actually means to the class.

The class deals large upfront damage because it has low "toe to toe" DPS and is incredibly squishy. It also has very little group utility. It doesn't get the knock backs, charges, or grips that most others get for huttball awesome sauce. In fact, its the only melee class that doesn't have anyway of quickly getting back on top of a target. The re
    iance on stealth just makes it all around poor in group play due to all the random ae being thrown around. As a result, its most effective as an "assassin". A class that goes in, kills a low hp target ASAP, and doesn't its best to getaway errors the rest of the team can realize what happened.

If they are going to nerf that aspect, then they'll have to rebalance everything about the spec's design.