Thread: Social Points

Social Points

How do you get social points, fast?
    Personally I Think they are pretty hard to get.
    You get them only for dialogues with other players as far as I can see.
    So if you get a group quest, then look for a group, finish the quest with the you pretty much get very few or even no social points at all if there is no dialogue anymore if you go get your reward.
    in the flashpoints you have almost no dialogue at all (exception is the very first one, but it doesnt seem to work in hard moce, I dont get social points anymore).

You pretty much have to level with someone else to get lots of social points, all the time, even all the normal quests. but who can do that?
    and now in endgame I'm still social 1, how am I supposed to get a higher rank? Daily quests with another player?

Deleted
    I just did alot of normal quests with someone else. If it isn't a problem for you then just do that.

I'm building up a lot of social points with my new Sorcerer alt by staying grouped while leveling. I'm really looking forward to the white Voss robes (social V if I recall) on my lightside Sorcerer. Certainly going to stand out! I didn't pay attention to the social system on my main Powertech, since it currently has combat options only for inquisitor/consular.
    Last edited by Thalassicus; 2012-01-05 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassicus View Post
    I'm building up a lot of social points with my Sage alt by staying grouped while leveling. I didn't pay attention to it on my Powertech since the system currently has combat options only for consular/inquisitor.
    explain the benefits for the inquisitor, or link to where it is; I tried google but thats about as helpful as a midget for getting something off a high shelf.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

Social gear is custom-quality (orange) light armor with armoring, mod, and enhancement slots. It's basically identical to any other gear inquisitors/consulars can get, adding to the variety of visual looks available for those classes. Social gear is inexpensive (in credits) so it's a great option to pursue with inquis/consular.

However, there is no social gear available yet for the medium/heavy classes, so if you swap Sith Juggernaut robes for Social V robes you lose damage reduction. It's basically equipping inquisitor gear on a warrior. This excludes its use in combat for juggernaut/powertech tanks, and is risky for other med/heavy armor classes. If you want to have something interesting to wear while waiting for groups to form, then picking up some social gear might be nice. Otherwise, for med/heavy armor classes I ignore the social system.
    Last edited by Thalassicus; 2012-01-05 at 10:39 AM.

ah okay thanks, I knew about the social gear but hadn't thought about it in that implementation.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.