Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Glad to hear
    But my asura brethren will own ur norn ankles
    Well, Norn is quite ticklish but it won't help much.

Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    Well, Norn is quite ticklish but it won't help much.
    Our anklectic decombobulators do far more than tickle

Our anklectic decombobulators do far more than tickle
    Can you invent something to get the squished Asura from my boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Can you invent something to get the squished Asura from my boot?
    Yup...time machine, personal portal plus golem to stomp on ur head
    Thankfully we input biochemicalvoltic circuritry into the soles of our golems...so every bookah they squish actually rechages them. We're just awesome like that

Well, my bear spirit will disagree with your anklectic decombobulators respectfully.

Yup...time machine, personal portal plus golem to stomp on ur head
    Thankfully we input biochemicalvoltic circuritry into the soles of our golems...so every bookah they squish actually rechages them. We're just awesome like that
    That time machine won't be much as a help when you're like a penny under my boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    For some reason the asura seem like jerks to me, I'v been reading the first few chapters of Ghosts of ascalon and clagg is a douche.
    They're just confident and sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    So fricking excited for this to come out!!! :OOOO Awesome info post!!!!

Deleted
    But my asura brethren will own ur norn ankles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    snip
    Did you just make that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Did you just make that?
    Found it from 4chan. :P

For some reason the asura seem like jerks to me, I'v been reading the first few chapters of Ghosts of ascalon and clagg is a douche.
    Well when your a race that believes that every other race is beneath you yet the ironically tower over you, you tend to be a bit snippy toward them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clagg was a jerk.

Also, Ghosts of Ascalon doesn't really do a very good job with handling Asura, Edge of Destiny seems to understand them a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Clagg was a jerk.

Also, Ghosts of Ascalon doesn't really do a very good job with handling Asura, Edge of Destiny seems to understand them a lot more.
    I think Edge of Destiny just flushes out more detail into the asurian culture with their political systems and how they seem to have rivalrys and interact with each other on a daily basis. Also a little more info on master/student relationships

In claggs case i think it was just a sterotype being portrayed there of how asura just look down on everyone else, Forget the other asuran that joined the group in ebonhawke but he wasnt so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Forget the other asuran that joined the group in ebonhawke but he wasnt so bad.
    What annoyed me about how they treated that character though, was they made him really weak. He was always relying on the other party members to kill stuff, and then when he finally does something himself he screws up.

What annoyed me about how they treated that character though, was they made him really weak. He was always relying on the other party members to kill stuff, and then when he finally does something himself he screws up.
    Died a hero though...which I thought was a nice touch. Doubt many readers would have expected that from how asura were portrayed in the rest of the book.
    He was quite a weak character though.

OP's post made me buy the game once it comes out. Thanks.

Well i think you have to take into account that in a real life environment like the book a engineer isnt just gonna be whipping out turrets out a small back pack and he didnt have any guns and we learned from both books that the charr's guns only got 1 shot off. So him fiddling around in his backpack was pretty comical if you ask me cuz usually by the time he found anything of use everything was dead.

I must say, I have hated and had a strong prejudice against this game for a long time, As many people have probably seen me in threads expressing.

I must now Happily retract any and all bad statements (Except for still hating Sylvari :P) I have made against this game due to this one thread alone.

After reading through a lot of this information and having it all compressed together instead of having to trawl through the megathread finding what I want to know I have finally seen the Light.

Incoming on release Krethos the Norn Guardian.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoilers about edge of destiny, (Act like your trying to copy my text to see, and don't directly quote me)
    I have to say that Snaff was pretty badass, i mean he took over krakltorriks mind, a damn elder dragon, although logan is pretty cool, if it weren't for him krakltorrik would be dead. Also i actually felt emotion towards zojja on losing snaff i mean just look at her, you can see it.

Also that really is zojja, saw something somewhere that said it was. Also she introduces herself in the races video

---------- Post added 2012-02-04 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    SNIPE
    Why do you dislike the sylvari? i will be playing a norn myself but.. they are a pretty interesting race if you read edge of destiny and see all their inner workings, and in my opinion they aren't close to elves at all like some people have said, they are plant people.

---------- Post added 2012-02-04 at 04:22 PM ----------

Anyways, i would give edge of destiny a 10/10 very good read, reccomend it to everyone to get into the lore more.
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-02-04 at 05:26 PM.