Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    too bad there's no thumbs up feature on mmo-c, or I'd have given you ten
    great thread, hyped me even more.
    Top of the page - Thread tools - Rate 5 stars.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 03:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Best. GIF. EVER. And I don't spout memes like that, generally.
    Note to self, link more super hero's eating ponys.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  2. #42
    Best post i ever read I was already going to test GW2 but thanks to that post i now cant wait..... damn ^^

  3. #43
    Alright I resized some of the images and the scrollbar shouldn't be there for most people if not all.

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    I just had the biggest discussion with my brother who STILL insists that Guild Wars 2 is gonna fail because it’s a shitty game. His main argument is that it doesn’t have any subscription fee and therefore it can only fail. Also, he QQ*s big time about micro transactions, that you have to pay for extra character slots. Obviously he doesn’t care about the monthly bucks he paid for his WoW account for 4 years.

    Please, please any one link me the video about “no sub fee” or something, can’t find it. I want to show it to him.. multiple times..

    On-Topic: This thread is brilliant. I just linked it to several friends who also are gonna play Guild Wars 2. This thread can teach a dummy all about the game (note that my idiotic guild wars-hating brother doesn’t bother reading it).

  5. #45
    High Overlord Mad hat man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Alright I resized some of the images and the scrollbar shouldn't be there for most people if not all.
    You should write that if you have 1 weapon in your main-hand, and 1 in your off-hand, the 3 first ones on the left on your actionbar will change after your main hand and the last 2 ones will change after your off-hand. If you use a 2-handed weapon all the 5 skills will be 2-Hand weapon skills.

    So if you use a Sword and a Shield, the first 3 ones will be sword skills, and the last 2 will be shield skills. If you then change the shield to a torch for example, the 2 skills will be torch skills instead.

    Thief is the only class which is different in this, if you have a pistol and a dagger, the first 2 skills will be pistol skills, the 3'rd skill will be a combination of the pistol and the dagger, and the last 2 will be a dagger skill.

    >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I just had the biggest discussion with my brother who STILL insists that Guild Wars 2 is gonna fail because it’s a shitty game. His main argument is that it doesn’t have any subscription fee and therefore it can only fail. Also, he QQ*s big time about micro transactions, that you have to pay for extra character slots. Obviously he doesn’t care about the monthly bucks he paid for his WoW account for 4 years.

    Please, please any one link me the video about “no sub fee” or something, can’t find it. I want to show it to him.. multiple times..

    On-Topic: This thread is brilliant. I just linked it to several friends who also are gonna play Guild Wars 2. This thread can teach a dummy all about the game (note that my idiotic guild wars-hating brother doesn’t bother reading it).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c

    This one?

    Edit: Tell your brother he fails many times if he thinks that 8D
    Last edited by Mad hat man; 2012-01-05 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Eorayn's brother is infected with a WoW disease :(

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I just had the biggest discussion with my brother who STILL insists that Guild Wars 2 is gonna fail because it’s a shitty game. His main argument is that it doesn’t have any subscription fee and therefore it can only fail. Also, he QQ*s big time about micro transactions, that you have to pay for extra character slots. Obviously he doesn’t care about the monthly bucks he paid for his WoW account for 4 years.

    Please, please any one link me the video about “no sub fee” or something, can’t find it. I want to show it to him.. multiple times..

    On-Topic: This thread is brilliant. I just linked it to several friends who also are gonna play Guild Wars 2. This thread can teach a dummy all about the game (note that my idiotic guild wars-hating brother doesn’t bother reading it).
    Last edited by zito; 2012-01-05 at 04:33 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  7. #47
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

    tyvm



    EDIT: Can’t watch it:/ is it a bug?

  8. #48
    Tell him that Guild Wars 1 is one of the most successful gaming franchises of ALL TIME with 6+ million copies sold, had no sub fee, and it doesn't even have the weight that GW2 already has amongst the gaming community. Ask him if he sees himself even needing the extra 3 slots two months out from launch (assuming we get 5 at launch), if he says no then tell him it's no different than paying $30 for 2 months of any sub MMO, but you get to keep the slots forever and don't have to pay again.

    Here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 08:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    You should write that if you have 1 weapon in your main-hand, and 1 in your off-hand, the 3 first ones on the left on your actionbar will change after your main hand and the last 2 ones will change after your off-hand. If you use a 2-handed weapon all the 5 skills will be 2-Hand weapon skills.

    So if you use a Sword and a Shield, the first 3 ones will be sword skills, and the last 2 will be shield skills. If you then change the shield to a torch for example, the 2 skills will be torch skills instead.

    Thief is the only class which is different in this, if you have a pistol and a dagger, the first 2 skills will be pistol skills, the 3'rd skill will be a combination of the pistol and the dagger, and the last 2 will be a dagger skill.

    >.<



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c

    This one?

    Edit: Tell your brother he fails many times if he thinks that 8D
    I'll edit it, thanks.

  9. #49
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    I can watch it in Zito's post, but not in the quote... Weird. Try the link in the post above Zito's.

  10. #50
    WOW. This is a really good thread. It's got all the information somebody who's interested in hearing more about the game needs to know! Really good job. Your efforts paid off. =)

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    tyvm



    EDIT: Can’t watch it:/ is it a bug?
    GW1 survived and is still alive on just the expansions and paid services alone. WoW can also do that and pump out the same amount of content it is now.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  12. #52
    I expanded a bit more in the combat section, talked about how you can use skills at any time without targets, how your weapon swings will actually hit multiple targets based on the arc of the animation, how distance plays a big role in damage done depending on your weapon or skill and how skills aren't so one dimensional and are multi-purpose tools unlike most MMOs that give you a skill that interrupts the target but otherwise you'd never want to use it.

  13. #53
    Well, now I have one place to send my friends who keep asking me questions. Thank you for this, so well presented and informative!

  14. #54
    You're welcome everyone. I can only hope and dream of getting a beta invite, it'll hurt when some people who don't know anything about the game will get in before the likes of us. I'd give up every game for the next 5 years if it meant getting into the beta and being able to play till launch.

  15. #55
    High Overlord Mad hat man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    You're welcome everyone. I can only hope and dream of getting a beta invite, it'll hurt when some people who don't know anything about the game will get in before the likes of us. I'd give up every game for the next 5 years if it meant getting into the beta and being able to play till launch.
    At least there will be an open beta where everyone can play, like 1 or 2 weeks before the release.

    Also, if you don't mind, can I take that Guardian sign as my signature ?

    Not able to have a picture for signature yet but, soon i will 8D
    Last edited by Mad hat man; 2012-01-05 at 05:32 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    At least there will be an open beta where everyone can play, like 1 or 2 weeks before the release.

    Also, if you don't mind, can I take that Guardian sign as my signature ?
    Go for it, I just took wallpapers from ANet and shopped them a bit.

  17. #57
    High Overlord Mad hat man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Go for it, I just took wallpapers from ANet and shopped them a bit.
    Awesome!

    Also, Elementalists and Engineers are the only two professions which won't be able to weapon swap in combat, due Elementalists got 4 different attunements, and Engineer got different, err, packs or other weapons to use, like the Flamethrower etc.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Awesome!

    Also, Elementalists and Engineers are the only two professions which won't be able to weapon swap in combat, due Elementalists got 4 different attunements, and Engineer got different, err, packs or other weapons to use, like the Flamethrower etc.
    I'll make an edit, I'd meant to do it but never got around to it since I originally typed it.

  19. #59
    Good job! +1 for sticky.

  20. #60
    Holy shit, now that's a general info post in need of a sticky.

    I award you +10 internetz and two cookies of your choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •