Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    Now, I prepurchased and subsequently registered for GW2, however when I did I didn't link my GW1 account as I couldn't for the life of me work out what the Username and Password was. I've now managed to work out what it is, so does anyone know if I can link my two accounts retroactively?

I haven't done any HoM stuff, so it won't be a huge loss if not, but in the event I decide I want to do some HoM before release it would be nice...

Help appreciated!
    Anet posted on FB a few days ago that there are some issues with linking - and they're looking into the problem - they expect to have a fix so that people can go back and link 'sometime' (I'd guess fairly soon - but as long as it's before launch it's all good)

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    This is one thing that perhaps worries me slightly.

What you have in that "other game" is everyone running dungeons not because they want to do the dungeon, but because they just want the token (VP) for completing it. They actually hate doing the instance (for the nth time), and want to blast through it as quickly and easily as possible.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any views on why GW2 might be any different, and not suffer from it's dungeon content degenerating into simply a big token grind?
    The fact that the gear is cosmetic, as oppose to better.
    If you choose to dungeon grind, you will be doing so to get something that is just as good as w/e you're wearing (possibly with slightly different stat allocation) that's your choice, but the main thing here is that it's a choice.
    It's like if you got ilvl 397 gear from tokens, but you were also given a full set of 397 gear right when you hit 85. Would people still feel forced to run dungeons, if the only advantage was the fact that it looked better?
    A large amount of people would still run them, but the vast majority of people would not feel forced, and only do it if they wanted to.

Damn prepurchases need to stop having issues so we can have the BWE THIS WEEKEND DAMNIT

any videos or blogs specialized in Crafting and AH features ONLY?

not looking for 30sec sneak peaks.

thank you

Sorry, my forum account is still too new to post links. But if you go to BlueXephos' Guild Wars 2 channel on youtube, they have a 7-minute crafting video that is pretty informative. It's not the most in-depth, but he explains some things.
    The title of the video is "Guild Wars 2: Crafting [Extra Footage]"

thx guys, but what about the AH features?

or its that one of the things still under NDA like the cash shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    thx guys, but what about the AH features?

or its that one of the things still under NDA like the cash shop?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx7o7CRoDXc
    Marketplace is one of the things covered in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx7o7CRoDXc
    Marketplace is one of the things covered in this.
    i already had watched that one

i already had watched that one
    Well you asked about the marketplace, and Bridger covers pretty much everything about the market in that video, so I assumed you had not.

this thread is very informing however there is some info you could add now like pre order and collectors edition details.

Nice thread though just added to the need to pre-order this game for me

Make sure you pre-purchase instead of pre-order. If you pre-purchase you're guaranteed to get into all upcoming beta weekends and 3 days early access to the official game launch. If you pre-order, you just get a reserved copy of the game at the location you pre-ordered on the night of release.

You just made arenanet 59.99 my friend. they should give you a cut

This is why these forums exist, for helpful information, not trolling and bitching. Very informative and detailed post. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Well you asked about the marketplace, and Bridger covers pretty much everything about the market in that video, so I assumed you had not.
    MArketplace as in Auction house, like players using the interface and its features

not marketplace as cash shop/ ah explanation

but dont fret ill be able to see by myself next weekend ^^

MArketplace as in Auction house, like players using the interface and its features

not marketplace as cash shop/ ah explanation

but dont fret ill be able to see by myself next weekend ^^
    That is how I was referring to the marketplace. >.>
    He explains the marketplace in that video, does he not? Buy orders and whatnot.

Edit: Trading Post, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
    Is there supposed to be a BWE this coming weekend? Has anyone gotten their emails to download the beta client yet?
    It was apparently on wednesday last weekend, which gave 2 days to download.. I'd assume they'll give a bit more than that this time, but I wouldn't worry until halfway through wednesday.
    They'll give us time, don't worry. :P

Oops. Deleted my post after I answered my own question with a google search. But yeah, this was posted on the Official Guild Wars 2 blog.

We’re counting the days until the first public Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event, which begins on Friday, April 27, at noon PDT (GMT-7) and ends on Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT-7). Hundreds of thousands of players from around the world will get their first taste of Guild Wars 2—and rest assured, we’ll be playing alongside them!
    There are a couple important things you need to know about this Beta Weekend Event:
    The only way to absolutely guarantee your access to this or any future Beta Weekend Events is to pre-purchase any edition of Guild Wars 2.
    Customers who have pre-purchased the game will receive an e-mail next week with instructions on how to download the client and participate in the Beta.
    This is a public event, which means that you’re not bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). So go ahead, feel free to take screenshots, shoot video, blog, tweet, write, or compose a rock opera to share your Guild Wars 2 experience with the world.

hmm a lot to take in,
    currently i play wow, skyrim, lol and maplestory,

i will be picking up d3 and since looking at some of the GW2 videos i think ill pick up it too, ( i always wanted to play gw1 but didnt)

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for posting this information.

I was merely curious about Guild Wars 2 before. This post alone made owning this game a NECESSITY. I am stoked. I think ArenaNet is going to hit a home run with this game.