Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Again from the Guild Wars 2 official blog

For the first time ever, we’re opening the metropolis of Lion’s Arch to beta players. Wander the streets of this cosmopolitan trade hub, chat with traders and travelers from every corner of Tyria, hop through one of the many asura gates to points beyond, or discover the famed diving platform at Diverse Ledges. Lion’s Arch is a city like no other!
    What do you guys think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
    Again from the Guild Wars 2 official blog

What do you guys think about this?
    Seeing Lion's Arch 250 years into the future will be epic, and it looks so beautiful from the trailers and screenshots we have seen.

A new build calculator that seem to be offering some features that other sites have yet to take advantage of. You can create fully functional builds and then post them up for peer review/discussion. Looks like a great way to get some community theory-crafting going, if you’re into that sort of thing.

http://www.gw2builds.org/

Note: Do NOT start talk about your builds here. Every profession has a thread on forum, go there to get better comments and keep things clean & neat.
    Last edited by Iryne; 2012-04-25 at 07:58 AM.

Amazing... Best game guide I have seen so far keep up the good work.

Expanded on the Guild info and added a section for Squads & Commanders as well as removed the upscaling info.

Has anyone received their emails detailing how to download the beta client yet? The GW2 blog said they'd be sent out this week and 12pm Friday is coming up pretty quick here.

Has anyone received their emails detailing how to download the beta client yet? The GW2 blog said they'd be sent out this week and 12pm Friday is coming up pretty quick here.
    You should already have mail welcoming you to BWE. GW2 beta forum will give you instructions how & where to download: https://account.guildwars2.com/login

Or, you can just go here and download it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Event-1-Client

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the link. I never got my welcome email. I am able to log into the beta forum, my GW2 account is recognized and I am currently downloading the client. Strange that I never received the email though.
    Last edited by Smooth Operator; 2012-04-26 at 06:54 AM.

For you skyrim players.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#r;aaa...aaa;Yaaa;baaaa

4th skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    That's pretty awesome. The guys at ANet have a pretty great sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Not a skyrim player, but damn that is funny none the less

12 hours and counting till BWE #1!

I have a question im in the beta right now and on my hero panel it says effective level 4 which is really messing with my health and stats how do I fix the effective level so my stats are back to normal? Nevermind that was the side kick system for the zone I was in didnt even notice that lol

Your effective level is the level that you are scaled down (or up) to depending on the level of the area you are currently in. Most of the lower level areas have a low level cap, so if you level up beyond that, it will scale your level down so that the content does not become too easy. You'll notice that if you return to your main hub, your effective level will revert to your actual level while you remain there.

Amazing job well done

Your effective level is the level that you are scaled down (or up) to depending on the level of the area you are currently in. Most of the lower level areas have a low level cap, so if you level up beyond that, it will scale your level down so that the content does not become too easy. You'll notice that if you return to your main hub, your effective level will revert to your actual level while you remain there.
    They removed up scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They removed up scaling.
    Even in PvP?

Even in PvP?
    It was removed from PvE. So a level 10 can't join a group with a level 80 and be scaled up to his level. Its still there in WvWvW.

Even in PvP?
    Nah, just in PvE, I should have extrapolated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Gotcha. I noticed there didn't seem to be any upscaling for PvE in the beta. It's kind of a shame they removed it. I know it inherently had some flaws, but I've never seen another MMO that allowed for upscaling before. It was a cool idea.