Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Does anyone know when the next beta weekend will take place? I hope that the stress test they just had didn't count...

Also kudos to the OP, this thread is very informative
    July 20-22

New person here.

I just had a few questions, so i thought asking the folks you have probably played the game is best.

1. How many levels have you covered in total in the beta?

2. How are the personal stories and cutscenes in your opinion?

3. How explore is Lion's Arch, and the other cities? You see all these homes and huge places, but just how much of it can you explore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    New person here.

I just had a few questions, so i thought asking the folks you have probably played the game is best.

Personally, my highest level character was only level 17. Some people in the beta leveled all the way to cap, but there is only content up to level 30 for PvE in the past betas. In total, I've probably accumulated 40-50 levels across all characters.

I found the personal story (Blood Legion Charr) to be quite interesting. It was decent motivation to level outside of just having fun out in the world. The cutscenes need more emoting from the characters, I have no problem with the characters presenting themselves in this very comic "cut out" style, it just needs more expression.

3. How explore is Lion's Arch, and the other cities? You see all these homes and huge places, but just how much of it can you explore?
    I can't say much about lion's arch, but I can tell you that it is huge. I barely even scratched the surface of what I could have explored on my Charr.

I did however fully explore the Charr city, the Black Citadel, and it's quite big as well. I can't recall a building I couldn't enter and rarely did something feel like "just scenery". In most cases if it was there, I could explore it.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    fantastic post, i honestly wasnt too sure about GW2 as i havnt looked into it and i didnt play GW1, the main reason i play wow is for the pvp play style (which right about now has been shit for a long time) there's alot of information here that i would have never found or known which woulda ultimately made me not get the game, but i think i am now, i like the idea they are trying to make it less of a grind and everyone is boosted to the same level makes the whole thing worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    New person here.

1. My highest level character is 40.

2. I purposely haven't paid attention to them while in Beta.

3. Amazing. Absolutely gigantic, the size of the cities are that of an entire zone in the game. You go out into the eastern side of LA and there's these farm houses and a real Krytan feel to it all. People living out there just on the outskirts of the city. In the Black Citadel there's an entire section below the city that has pieces of GW1 monuments all around and isn't a small piece of land by any means.

Okay thanks for the insight. I remember seeing a giant airship that looked really, like something i saw in Aion, and I hope it's explorable.

I remember i hated GW1 so much. I think a lack of jumping was what did it for me. But this game is different i heard. I went out and bought GW1 from what i heard from others, so i don't want to do that with this.

Hmm the Mesmer looks cool. And i like the Ranger. I prefer ranged classes typically. See i love leveling and questing and solo stuff, but i hate PvP, so that's why i wanna wait it out a bit.

I'm confused as how the names work. When can I reserve my name? What are the rules on name creation?

Quote Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post
    I'm confused as how the names work. When can I reserve my name? What are the rules on name creation?
    http://www.arena.net/blog/reserving-...r-guild-wars-2
    If you don't have a GW1 account, you can't reserve a name pre-GW2.

Ok thanks. SO it will just have to be 3 days before the release date right?

So it can be 1 or 2 words up to 19 characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post
    So it can be 1 or 2 words
    or 3, or 4, or...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    or 3, or 4, or...
    Brb renaming all of my toons some variation of C O O L K I D

You did a great job OP for maintaining this and update it... The best sticky of any game forum I have found, thank you
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

thank you omlech

This is sick. Respect for the work put into! Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    You did a great job OP for maintaining this and update it... The best sticky of any game forum I have found, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by H0RNET View Post
    thank you omlech
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    This is sick. Respect for the work put into! Very nice.
    No problem.

Absolutely brilliant post.

Thank you soooooo much for posting up all this info. Best collective of information on the game I've seen yet! So full of awesomeness!

15+ Year Old Account
    Whether this game is good or not the OP deserves a HUGE pat on the back for keeping this post up to date.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Excellent job OP, enjoyed the read as a whole especially the lore background you laid out seeing as I never played GW1.

Brilliant post. As a wow player for 7 years who quit a few months ago, I read this and it felt honestly, quite inspiring to read - wheather that was the game itself, or the way it was written, good job OP, you got my vote.

I'll definately be checking it out - the thing that got my attention was the dynamic event system for questing. Again , very good read - really enjoyed it