Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Help spread this fucking masterpiece of a thread far and wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great post OP, appreciate it very much as this is exactly what I was looking for. I am entirely new to the guild wars series, and I'll admit I had my doubts about the game when I was briefly introduced to it a few years ago. The fact that I still played wow played a part in that I'm sure.

After doing some research today I am very impressed with what the developers are trying to do with this game. They certainly are trying to break the traditional MMO mold with this one. I would almost describe it as an MMO-ARPG. The 'A' is for action . If they can pull it all off along with no monthly subscription A LOT of companies will have to re-think their business models.

Before I need to ask all you knowledgeable GW2 fans a question: How do factions work? Are there any? Or are all races fighting towards the same goal? I haven't found this info anywhere in my travels today. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    Before I need to ask all you knowledgeable GW2 fans a question: How do factions work? Are there any? Or are all races fighting towards the same goal? I haven't found this info anywhere in my travels today. Thanks!
    From a lore point of view, there are no factions, they had to put their differences aside when the dragons showed up.

From a design point of view, ArenaNet has said that you should never be unhappy to see another player, in fact when another player comes along things should be more fun. So having someone from the other faction trying to gank you doesn't really work with that design goal.

holy sh$t, great work Omlech

Deleted
    Im pretty sure all races are fighting towards the same goal, destroying the Elder Dragons! Arenanet really want people to play together, and not worry about splitting the population into two or more factions. Races don't matter in PvP either. There is WvWvW though, which is a battle of 3 worlds. But I believe you can change world/realm free and at any time.

There's no factions to split the playerbase, there's factions within the races for story/lore purposes though. ANet's entire design goal is to make you want to play with others, to never want you to dread seeing another player. The entire game is built with those things in mind, nothing is built so you're working against the people around you (PvP aside). The game is built around community, co-operation, grouping, and exploration.
    Last edited by omlech; 2012-01-06 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura section needs more animation sample imo

10+ Year Old Account
    nice information guide. it answered almost all my questions and those i didnt think off yet

I bet it was some workt to geather and make things up.. so thank you.

I was afraid there wouldnt be so much to do and it gets boring fast but from what i red here it stays interesting for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    nice information guide. it answered almost all my questions and those i didnt think off yet

I bet it was some workt to geather and make things up.. so thank you.

I was afraid there wouldnt be so much to do and it gets boring fast but from what i red here it stays interesting for a while.
    Took maybe 2 days in total, one to create all of the custom art, most of the info was typed directly from my own head and some of the other info was pulled directly from other sources.

It's a very comprehensive guide and it got the attention of my friend who didn't want to be the game, but this guide brought him around.

The only theory I came up with is that the OP is friends with god. (Check Jon Lajoie )

Very, very, very nice thread, we love you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Marketplace – The Marketplace is going to be one single global economy, by that I mean you will be able to trade items with players on servers other than your own. You will be able to buy and sell items without the need to find a buyer or seller first. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Buy Orders, they work like this:

You post an order for a Sword +1 that you’re willing to pay 1,000 gold for. Someone sees your order and if your price is agreeable with them, they fill the order, the item is sent to your mailbox and money is taken from your bank.
    Holy hell I did not know GW2 had buy orders, love that from playing EVE online. I gotta be honest and say I though the AH/marketplace would be fail as theres so few games that get it right but I guess I was wrong

Well, honestly until I saw this thread I had convinced myself I would not purchase another MMO game. I may stand corrected. If the game is half as interesting as what you've posted here I may indeed have to purchase it. There are a ridiculous number of features in this game that make me giggle like a child again. For one thing, the WvWvW PvP system sounds an awful lot like DAoC, which was imho the best PvP in the history of the MMO genre. Dying clothes to get that specialized look is awesome. Combining skills with other players to make more powerful skills looks pretty sweet. Even the crafting sounds like it will be interesting and not as much of a grind as other games. After reading through this post I don't think I've been this excited about a game in a looooooong time.

Join the tiny dark side ^
    (asura quote of war!)

Great post OP really nice collection of info in that.
    It will certainly draw the gaze of those intrigued folks who have questions Nice job.

Hope the trolls read it first too Shame you can't put it in super bold red lettering or something and add some epic stats That would bring em in like bees>honey.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow that was A LOT of info. Great job!
    will be redirecting everyone who has questions to this great thread.

Wow... just wow. Simply the best summary I have ever seen on this site. Close to launch they should link this on the front page.

This might be the most informative GW2 post i have ever seen, and that is quite a feat nice work.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=fGmiYXrwDJM

Hey guys! I don't think I've seen a link to this guys page yet but he's made about a dozen informational videos all based around Guild Wars 2. They Are very well done/made with a little bit of humor sprinkled in for fun. He posts a new vid every wednesday so I recommend subscribing, enjoy!

I also have a couple questions for those in the know. It doesn't seem like there would be a need for them to me but will there be mods and/or key binds available in gw2? What about a lfd/lfr type tool? I'm not saying I want these (I don't) I'm just curious. Thanks!

Edit: sorry for the bad link I hope this one works. It's only a link to one of his videos, just enter his YouTube page, it's all there.
    Last edited by deathtakes; 2012-01-08 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...4ABE5041FBB51D

Hey guys! I don't think I've seen a link to this guys page yet but he's made about a dozen informational videos all based around Guild Wars 2. They Are very well done/made with a little bit of humor sprinkled in for fun. He posts a new vid every wednesday so I recommend subscribing, enjoy!

I also have a couple questions for those in the know. It doesn't seem like there would be a need for them to me but will there be mods and/or key binds available in gw2? What about a lfd/lfr type tool? I'm not saying I want these (I don't) I'm just curious. Thanks!
    Link doesn't work properly.