Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Dude (I feel like this is a '90's sitcom), I'm just trying to explain that while in your opinion there may not be content, but a) gear != content, and b) there's plenty of content in GW2. If you don't want to be told what content there is, then that's your prerogative, but saying there is none when what there is has been explained (to the extend we know of at this point) is just wrong.
    I've never said that there is no content. I just said that the focus is on PvP (which is true and has been stated by the devs) and PvE content lacks the usual options which are present in most MMOs available today - being the nonexistance of endgame in the usual meaning (wont get into discussion here, but it's not a bad thing), gear progression in the usual meaning (looks-wise progression is still here but most people are used to stat progression) and doesnt have raids which is not a bad thing either. So now tell me: what does the lack of PvE content has to do with what I'm trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I've never said that there is no content. I just said that the focus is on PvP (which is true and has been stated by the devs) and PvE content lacks the usual options which are present in most MMOs available today - being the nonexistance of endgame in the usual meaning (wont get into discussion here, but it's not a bad thing), gear progression in the usual meaning (looks-wise progression is still here but most people are used to stat progression) and doesnt have raids which is not a bad thing either. So now tell me: what does the lack of PvE content has to do with what I'm trying to say?
    Show me where the devs have said that their focus is PvP. I've read everything, or close to everything, the devs have written - from the days of GW1 release. Again, the only thing not in GW2 from a PvE POV is raids and the gear treadmill. Their focus is to put out a damned good game, for PvEers and PvPers alike. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

So now tell me: what does the lack of PvE content has to do with what I'm trying to say?
    There is no lack, which is what people are trying to tell you. There is plenty of PvE content. Just because YOU don't want to do it because it doesn't give you stat upgrades doesn't mean it's not there.

Deleted
    Anyone remember the site with a calculator for traits and such? I cant find it again, a couple of days ago the site said it was being under update. Anyone know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    There is no lack, which is what people are trying to tell you. There is plenty of PvE content. Just because YOU don't want to do it because it doesn't give you stat upgrades doesn't mean it's not there.
    I still dont get it. Care to show where did I say that there is a lack of PvE content?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Anyone remember the site with a calculator for traits and such? I cant find it again, a couple of days ago the site said it was being under update. Anyone know what I mean?
    You mean this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/

(can swap to english using some option there)

I still dont get it. Care to show where did I say that there is a lack of PvE content?
    You said it was PvP focused, which greatly implies a lack of PvE content. The fact is, it's not PvE focused, it's not PvP focused, it's focused on both equally, and most importantly on being as best a game as possible.

Deleted
    Amazing post, tnx.

Deleted
    Hello, I'm sorry if this has been answered already, is there going to be a service like WoW's armory?

Deleted
    I've bought the game with the 3 day headstart that starts tomorrow.
    However when i log in to the client or the forum it keeps saying something like: Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2.
    Anyone else have this problem, is this just because the game hasnt been released it? Or should I be worried I cant play tomorrow?

Posting here because well.. i apparently dont have acces to the official gw2 forum.

Kinda hard to log in to an unreleased game

Are you able to login to your account? The forum is closed until the game releases but you should still be able to login to your account.

Deleted
    I have a question. If my friend doesn't pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 before the game releases for those who have the 3 day head start (in 12 hours), will he not be able to play before the 28. of August?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    Hello, I'm sorry if this has been answered already, is there going to be a service like WoW's armory?
    I suspect their will be, but a lot of extended feature (web and mobile) haven't been developed yet.

The upside is, ArenaNet say they want to build them with community feedback as a guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Are you able to login to your account? The forum is closed until the game releases but you should still be able to login to your account.
    Yeah i'm able to login to my account on the website.
    When logging in to the client it says "You are attempting to log in with an account that does not have Guild Wars 2 registered to it. Please register a Guild Wars 2 serial code to this account."
    When logging in to the forums it says Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2.
    I registered my serial code to my account, tried to do it again aswell, but it obviously states that the code has been used already.

Can you change gems(store currency) into in-game gold without having to sell them to other players?I mean an NPC that can change it for you..I think someone mentioned it in gw2guru but cannot find the thread. And if it can happen does it happen to have info on the analogy?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Can you change gems(store currency) into in-game gold without having to sell them to other players?I mean an NPC that can change it for you..I think someone mentioned it in gw2guru but cannot find the thread. And if it can happen does it happen to have info on the analogy?
    Yes. It uses a price which varies based on recent market demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guildhead is up and running, just an FYI (reposting here as it is the info thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Swaytje View Post
    Yeah i'm able to login to my account on the website.
    When logging in to the client it says "You are attempting to log in with an account that does not have Guild Wars 2 registered to it. Please register a Guild Wars 2 serial code to this account."
    When logging in to the forums it says Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2.
    I registered my serial code to my account, tried to do it again aswell, but it obviously states that the code has been used already.
    Im in the exact same boat.
    I cant get a reply from customer support, and looks like I will have to wait till the weekend is over. Ill bet you ordered from Gamestop didn't you. Every time I do an MMO that place fucks me over and I keep promising Never again. This time I mean it.

Deleted
    How do you talk in general chat?,local chat, orglobal chat? i've been trying all the commands i know from others games yet nothing works ;< i also didnt see it in the tab list ( i think )
    Silly question i know! but i'm not familiar with this game
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-08-26 at 08:32 PM.