Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I didn't wanna make a topic just for this question, sorry if it's the wrong place to do it :S

Does the Dynamic Event like the Shatterer repeatable (without waiting that a guy finishes his chain quest and being grouped by him) ? If yes, is it a limit per day/week or juste wait random spawn time ?

Sorry for this crappy english

Quote Originally Posted by Realities View Post
    I didn't wanna make a topic just for this question, sorry if it's the wrong place to do it :S

Does the Dynamic Event like the Shatterer repeatable (without waiting that a guy finishes his chain quest and being grouped by him) ? If yes, is it a limit per day/week or juste wait random spawn time ?

Sorry for this crappy english
    They are repeatable yes, you can jump in on any DE Chain whenever/wherever you can/want, no matter what you did before. DE's have unknown spawn timers and some may take days/weeks/months to respawn, so they will stay special and rare

Need to find a better term than chain.....i've been trying to think of one that doesn't make it sound so...restricted and 1 dimensional.....
    It just makes ppl think it's a quest chain, which ofc it's not.
    Any ideas?

don't worry:

1.) Events like the Shatterer happen a view times per day. This is because Anet makes this game for everyone, even for people who have not much time to play.

2.) you don't have to wait for someone to finish. You won't have to go in a group in the open world... ever. Just help the guy and you will be rewarded based on your active participation (doing damage, resurrect someone, can't heal someone in this game but you can produce regeneration areas for others, ...).
    -) people who participate actively from the start of the event get rewarded with a gold medal and an according amount of gold, karma (you can buy nice stuff with this karma-points from certain karma-vendors) and experience.
    -) if you come by later on, you will probably be rewarded with a silver or bronce-medal.

3.) grouping in GW2 ist mostly for:
    -) communication in chat channels
    -) scaling your friend to your level
    -) show people your home instance in your city
    -) do dungeons (instanced challenges for 5 players)

you don't have to group, all interaction with people out there can be done without grouping

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    They are repeatable yes, you can jump in on any DE Chain whenever/wherever you can/want, no matter what you did before. DE's have unknown spawn timers and some may take days/weeks/months to respawn, so they will stay special and rare
    I think they may have iterated on that a bit, not sure if it is correct for all of the events. It was said about the shatterer-battle (for example), that this one can happen a view times per day

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Need to find a better term than chain.....i've been trying to think of one that doesn't make it sound so...restricted and 1 dimensional.....
    Any ideas?
    Event-Trees? lol. Well, there are events, which spawn multiple other events... which would look like branches on a tree. No better idea though

Deleted
    Any ideas?
    The Shatterer is an event at the end of a chain of events though.

What we've seen of it is only for demo purposes, it won't always be up unless enough people push through the chain to get to it.

Deleted
    Thanks for those clarifications ! (Yeah all apologies for the "quest chain" term, I understood the amazing system for the "event system", it's going to be wonderfull !!)

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Event-Trees? lol. Well, there are events, which spawn multiple other events... which would look like branches on a tree. No better idea though
    But some events have unique ending-point where you have to confront to Boss like Behemoth,... or am I completly wrong ?

edit: previous post answers my question
    Last edited by mmoc07ae65ac6c; 2012-01-18 at 12:14 PM.

yh.....i like trees...or branches...or veins or some such...
    ...just don't like chain....link in a chain. It really removes from the whole idea of being dynamic. Think it's confusing for the uninitiated...
    I think elite events (if that's what the shatter is? - or just ones with a specifc end encounter) are fine for chain

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

I think they may have iterated on that a bit, not sure if it is correct for all of the events. It was said about the shatterer-battle (for example), that this one can happen a view times per day

Don't be mistaken though, there will be events with "cool downs" with days/weeks/months. Not saying the Shatterer is one of them, it's something I've read and we don't know 10% of all the Dynamic Events in the game, so who knows what to expect right?

Deleted
    The devs call them chains, but you can push each chain back and forth, and there is plenty of different events from different chains up in the same area at the same time, so it removes the feel of chain abit, they couldn't create a truly dynamic world, it;s just not possible really, unless they had like 10million developers on it 24/7.

Slave labour got banned remember so that's out of the question for a solution!

yh...once u know about DEs there's no confusion........I just worry about those who don't know about them who will think they're the same as, for example, wow's quest chains. That would be.....unfortunate...
    And lol! yh...shame about the slave labor. We need more AI robots tbh It can't be truly dynamic...yet
    Don't worry Realities I wasn't refering to ur post rly ......just I think ppl are in the habit of using the word chain...hope we can find something more appropriate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    From what I saw GW2's art has some korean MMO feel. It looks quite nice though.
    I don't think people understand what Eastern Art looks like anymore.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    And lol! yh...shame about the slave labor. We need more AI robots tbh
    Spoken like an Asura

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I don't think people understand what Eastern Art looks like anymore.
    They seem to think cartoon characters = western, and anything with the slightest hint of realism = eastern or anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Spoken like an Asura
    ;D
    Even the big flesh things get grumpy about lifting and stuff after a while. At least golems can't make a union

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    They seem to think cartoon characters = western, and anything with the slightest hint of realism = eastern or anime.
    Don't forget the BIG EYES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Any ideas?
    They branch into new events.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... I... I...

I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread. This game looks amazing. I had no idea it was going to be this cool. Consider me a convert.

I think this is going to be as close to the perfection of the genre as we've seen so far. I greedily await more information. Moar, moar!

Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    I... I... I...

I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread. This game looks amazing. I had no idea it was going to be this cool. Consider me a convert.

I think this is going to be as close to the perfection of the genre as we've seen so far. I greedily await more information. Moar, moar!
    Welcome, brother!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    I... I... I...

"One of us! One of us!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    "One of us! One of us!"
    Hail brother/sister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it guys, I don't want to be a part of a cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter