Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
    Is there supposed to be a BWE this coming weekend? Has anyone gotten their emails to download the beta client yet?
    It was apparently on wednesday last weekend, which gave 2 days to download.. I'd assume they'll give a bit more than that this time, but I wouldn't worry until halfway through wednesday.
    They'll give us time, don't worry. :P

Oops. Deleted my post after I answered my own question with a google search. But yeah, this was posted on the Official Guild Wars 2 blog.

We’re counting the days until the first public Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event, which begins on Friday, April 27, at noon PDT (GMT-7) and ends on Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT-7). Hundreds of thousands of players from around the world will get their first taste of Guild Wars 2—and rest assured, we’ll be playing alongside them!
    There are a couple important things you need to know about this Beta Weekend Event:
    The only way to absolutely guarantee your access to this or any future Beta Weekend Events is to pre-purchase any edition of Guild Wars 2.
    Customers who have pre-purchased the game will receive an e-mail next week with instructions on how to download the client and participate in the Beta.
    This is a public event, which means that you’re not bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). So go ahead, feel free to take screenshots, shoot video, blog, tweet, write, or compose a rock opera to share your Guild Wars 2 experience with the world.

Deleted
    hmm a lot to take in,
    currently i play wow, skyrim, lol and maplestory,

i will be picking up d3 and since looking at some of the GW2 videos i think ill pick up it too, ( i always wanted to play gw1 but didnt)

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for posting this information.

I was merely curious about Guild Wars 2 before. This post alone made owning this game a NECESSITY. I am stoked. I think ArenaNet is going to hit a home run with this game.

Again from the Guild Wars 2 official blog

For the first time ever, we’re opening the metropolis of Lion’s Arch to beta players. Wander the streets of this cosmopolitan trade hub, chat with traders and travelers from every corner of Tyria, hop through one of the many asura gates to points beyond, or discover the famed diving platform at Diverse Ledges. Lion’s Arch is a city like no other!
    What do you guys think about this?

Deleted
    Again from the Guild Wars 2 official blog

What do you guys think about this?
    Seeing Lion's Arch 250 years into the future will be epic, and it looks so beautiful from the trailers and screenshots we have seen.

Deleted

A new build calculator that seem to be offering some features that other sites have yet to take advantage of. You can create fully functional builds and then post them up for peer review/discussion. Looks like a great way to get some community theory-crafting going, if you’re into that sort of thing.

http://www.gw2builds.org/

Note: Do NOT start talk about your builds here. Every profession has a thread on forum, go there to get better comments and keep things clean & neat.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-04-25 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing... Best game guide I have seen so far keep up the good work.

Expanded on the Guild info and added a section for Squads & Commanders as well as removed the upscaling info.

Has anyone received their emails detailing how to download the beta client yet? The GW2 blog said they'd be sent out this week and 12pm Friday is coming up pretty quick here.

Deleted
    Has anyone received their emails detailing how to download the beta client yet? The GW2 blog said they'd be sent out this week and 12pm Friday is coming up pretty quick here.
    You should already have mail welcoming you to BWE. GW2 beta forum will give you instructions how & where to download: https://account.guildwars2.com/login

Or, you can just go here and download it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Event-1-Client

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the link. I never got my welcome email. I am able to log into the beta forum, my GW2 account is recognized and I am currently downloading the client. Strange that I never received the email though.
    Last edited by Smooth Operator; 2012-04-26 at 06:54 AM.

For you skyrim players.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#r;aaa...aaa;Yaaa;baaaa

4th skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    That's pretty awesome. The guys at ANet have a pretty great sense of humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Not a skyrim player, but damn that is funny none the less

12 hours and counting till BWE #1!

I have a question im in the beta right now and on my hero panel it says effective level 4 which is really messing with my health and stats how do I fix the effective level so my stats are back to normal? Nevermind that was the side kick system for the zone I was in didnt even notice that lol

Your effective level is the level that you are scaled down (or up) to depending on the level of the area you are currently in. Most of the lower level areas have a low level cap, so if you level up beyond that, it will scale your level down so that the content does not become too easy. You'll notice that if you return to your main hub, your effective level will revert to your actual level while you remain there.

Amazing job well done

10+ Year Old Account
    Your effective level is the level that you are scaled down (or up) to depending on the level of the area you are currently in. Most of the lower level areas have a low level cap, so if you level up beyond that, it will scale your level down so that the content does not become too easy. You'll notice that if you return to your main hub, your effective level will revert to your actual level while you remain there.
    They removed up scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter