Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaReylin View Post
    It would be nice if the game was already out...

As for transferring it wasn't free as of Sunday I believe and guesting is not working so I wasn't able to check it out. Sadly!
    They said transferring worked on Fri and Sat, but would close for Sunday. Guesting won't work till launch.

In other news I finally got around to updating all of the changes in BWE2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well look who the Charr dragged in
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    I finally got around to updating all of the changes in BWE2.
    Yay!

Wow.. just got through most of the thread! Thanks! I'm debating on buying it. Is the Deluxe even worth it?

Also, Why is elementalist the most popular class? I'm still clueless on what class to choose eventually

Quote Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post
    Wow.. just got through most of the thread! Thanks! I'm debating on buying it. Is the Deluxe even worth it?

Also, Why is elementalist the most popular class? I'm still clueless on what class to choose eventually
    Deluxe - Up to you if it's worth it. For some people it is for some people it's not. Most of the stuff with Deluxe is temporary, so keep that in mind.
    Elementalist - I'm pretty sure it's not, where did you see this?

10+ Year Old Account

Probably because it's a versatile class and performs well. Also has some of the most visually appealing spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Deluxe - Up to you if it's worth it. For some people it is for some people it's not. Most of the stuff with Deluxe is temporary, so keep that in mind.
    Saw it here: imgur.com/a/ZDMSC

it was on a reddit post.

Saw it here: imgur.com/a/ZDMSC

it was on a reddit post.
    Not sure where they got that information though. Can't be based off of what people played in the BWE, since there were no asura/sylvari in the BWEs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reasonable sample size of 3700

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Interesting. I feel like a lot of those would be due to eles in water attunement being important in difficult content in the current state of the game, I didn't see mass interest in the ele before people gave catacombs story/explorable a try en masse.

Deleted
    It's actually pretty funny, having seen the announcement of the mesmer as the final profession and everyone saying "omg this is so awesome mesmer is gonna be the best thing ever", going from a clear "most popular" title to being the (according to the linked statistics) least played profession. Especially since I, all the while, was just sitting by the sidelines not really getting why the mesmer was such a huge deal. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    It's actually pretty funny, having seen the announcement of the mesmer as the final profession and everyone saying "omg this is so awesome mesmer is gonna be the best thing ever", going from a clear "most popular" title to being the (according to the linked statistics) least played profession. Especially since I, all the while, was just sitting by the sidelines not really getting why the mesmer was such a huge deal. :P
    The engineer followed by the mesmer are probably the two weakest professions in the game imo and need the most balance work. The guardian is currently overtuned in sPvP (Disturbing survivability + point control) and the ele is currently strong in PvP while also making explorables hundreds of times easier. The 4 classes with the most balance complaints (that I heard about) positive or negative are also the top 2 and bottom 2 classes. The results aren't all too surprising, really.

Deleted
    The engineer followed by the mesmer are probably the two weakest professions in the game imo and need the most balance work. The guardian is currently overtuned in sPvP (Disturbing survivability + point control) and the ele is currently strong in PvP while also making explorables hundreds of times easier. The 4 classes with the most balance complaints (that I heard about) positive or negative are also the top 2 and bottom 2 classes. The results aren't all too surprising, really.
    All right. Haven't really cared about PvP balance, honestly, so I had no idea. Still think the Engineer is the most entertaining class to play out of all the ones I've tried so far, and no amount of "it's weak and underpowered" will make me feel otherwise. Enjoyment > power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    All right. Haven't really cared about PvP balance, honestly, so I had no idea. Still think the Engineer is the most entertaining class to play out of all the ones I've tried so far, and no amount of "it's weak and underpowered" will make me feel otherwise. Enjoyment > power.
    I was just pointing out that it's a common occurrence. The more powerful classes/professions in MMOs tend to be the more played. Especially if that MMO is just starting out and the power difference is already being talked about, since people generally don't have a huge attachment to a class/profession they are currently playing.

Deleted
    I was just pointing out that it's a common occurrence. The more powerful classes/professions in MMOs tend to be the more played. Especially if that MMO is just starting out and the power difference is already being talked about, since people generally don't have a huge attachment to a class/profession they are currently playing.
    Yeah, I didn't mean the latter half to sound like it was directed at you specifically. More of a general "so what if X profession can do Y% better, I'm still having fun" kind of attitude I'm feeling whenever I put that flamethrower backpack on.

Which version are you guys buying? Digital deluxe just gets a pet and one time use items only. Anything am missing? Just checking if am missing something serious here if I buy normal copy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruffi View Post
    Which version are you guys buying? Digital deluxe just gets a pet and one time use items only. Anything am missing? Just checking if am missing something serious here if I buy normal copy.
    You can buy the normal one, and upgrade to the deluxe version at a later time if you want and going for the deluxe myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird, on my server i barely saw any guardians, most played i saw was Necro, Thief, Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You can buy the normal one, and upgrade to the deluxe version at a later time if you want and going for the deluxe myself.
    Ooh - I did not know this! Thx~
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruffi View Post
    Buying the standard edition personally. Might potentially upgrade to Deluxe at a later date, but as it looks now, I feel the extra stuff isn't value for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know when the next beta weekend will take place? I hope that the stress test they just had didn't count...

Also kudos to the OP, this thread is very informative