Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    hello guys, one short question from me:

I have bought the digital pre-purchasable version of GW2. There will be no events / testing from now on until the release date, correct (no way to log-in and see anything in game )?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post

I have bought the digital pre-purchasable version of GW2. There will be no events / testing from now on until the release date, correct (no way to log-in and see anything in game )?

thank you.

Nope, no more beta events until release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Nope, no more beta events until release.
    Another stress test is possible, but highly unlikely.

thank you.
    It seems more likely that there will be 2 or 3 more stress tests before release. There was a major update of the client during the one 2 days ago, (which did indeed give a 5 minute warning and allowed immediate re-log in after downloading the update) and it seems very very likely, given ArenaNet's desire to polish the game, that there will be more stress tests. I'd suggest checking either of the following forums for announcements.

guildwars2forum.com or guildwars2guru.com/forum

If you'd like to know the background of the game, from the developer's point of view, they have 3 years of blog posts that contain a lot of information about the game and lore: arena.net/blog/category/guild-wars-2

Also, be sure to start up the game every 2-3 days. They've been pushing out updates. 3 since the end of BWE3 2 weeks ago. Devs have encouraged this so you won't have much, if anything, to download when the game goes live.

Have fun. I've only been in BWE3 and the most recent stress test, but it's great so far!

(Since I'm new here, they're not letting me post full links - thus the abbreviated ones above.)

10+ Year Old Account
    i don`t want to research the game too much. i want it to be a surprise, and hopefully a pleasant one.

I will follow your advice with the launcher and see where that goes, thank you.

Deleted
    is gw2 still playable atm? or is it closed till 25th?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    is gw2 still playable atm? or is it closed till 25th?
    Closed until 25th, unless theres more stress testing, but dont get your hopes up

10+ Year Old Account

thank you.
    Right now we've had all 3 BWE's, and 3 stress tests. We are 100% sure that the BWE3 was the final one. We had a stress test after that. Head start begins in 19 days (I love how that sounds after waiting since 2007 ) so it's possible that there will be another stress test before launch.

However...

I would advise against playing in the stress test if you haven't been ingame yet. Keep the game fresh for release so you can enjoy it to the fullest.

Yeah.. if you have managed to go this long without playing, you don't want to play during a 4hour stress test filled with zones not loading and character's not able to log in.

Deleted
    I found your introductory topic for GW2 very helpful. I wanted to ask your permission if I could use it as a turtorial topic on my guilds website? With link and credits leading back you, or any additional GW2 website you're part of and want to be credited.
    Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Arch

i plan on playing gw2 for a really long time.. i hope i dont get dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Another stress test is possible, but highly unlikely.
    I'd actually says it's possible.

In the days leading up to the stress test there were several 8 file/50mb updates.
    During the stress test the only update was 8 files/50mb.

Today's update was 8 files/50mb.

To me that seems related.

Not sure if this has been asked;
    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    If a Ranger uses a Longbow, the further away from their target they are the more damage they do, similarly if they use a shortbow the closer they are they'll deal more damage.
    I know the longbow tooltip described more damage per farther away, but can anyone confirm the shortbow damage increase if you're closer? If not and it's only applicable to certain skills, then that'd be nice to clarify on the OP. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked;

I know the longbow tooltip described more damage per farther away, but can anyone confirm the shortbow damage increase if you're closer? If not and it's only applicable to certain skills, then that'd be nice to clarify on the OP. Thank you.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_ranger_skills

No shortbow does more damage closer or farther away from the target. However longbow does more damage farther away but its only for longbow1.

Deleted
    How many raw character slots are available from launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    How many raw character slots are available from launch?
    currently 5

10+ Year Old Account
    Will the servers have different timezones? Just wondering so me and my friends can make a choice .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    Will the servers have different timezones? Just wondering so me and my friends can make a choice .-.
    The only server labels are US and EU. US = The world besides Europe. There's no time zones, like EST, PST, ect.

FYI- There is a stress test this evening- Friday, August 10th, 2012 from 4PM PST until 8PM PST.

Deleted
    So i've been playing SWTOR and wasn't interested at all in this game till a friend of mine told me to look at a video of top 10reasons to play GW2....after reading the majority of the 1st post, i think i'll be buying this game