Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    How do you talk in general chat?,local chat, orglobal chat? i've been trying all the commands i know from others games yet nothing works ;< i also didnt see it in the tab list ( i think )
    Silly question i know! but i'm not familiar with this game
    /m or /map for zone-wide chat, the equivalent of /1 in WoW
    /s or /local (?) for nearby chat
    /p for party chat
    /g for guild chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Guildhead is up and running, just an FYI (reposting here as it is the info thread)
    Been all over this! w00t

Deleted
    Thank for creating this Thread

Tried 15 different pages trying to find an answer to this : The game is bought and has no monthly fee right? Does that mean that they will still charge for more content in later patches or for stuff like more character slots/ dungeons and items?

Quote Originally Posted by Huddy View Post
    Tried 15 different pages trying to find an answer to this : The game is bought and has no monthly fee right? Does that mean that they will still charge for more content in later patches or for stuff like more character slots/ dungeons and items?
    Character Slots and vanity items, yes. Later in game patches to add things? No. Expansions? Yes.

Items? What kind of items? If you're talking XP boosters, crafting skillup boosters, etc, then yes you can buy those. If you're talking anything that can/will give you an advantage in game over someone who really hasn't bought it (omg levelling up cooking), then no. Those will not be charged for, because those types of advantages don't exist.

You can buy awesome armor skins though, to put ontop of your currently existing gear.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-30 at 08:52 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    No monthly subscription. Patches are free. Expansions are not. Dungeons are free. Items are free. Some cosmetic skins cost gems, most do not. Character slots cost gems. Gems can be bought for real money or the in-game currency (copper, silver, gold).

Hopefully this answers all your questions.

Deleted
    I'm not completely sold on this game, yet... Is there any way to try it out? Demo, trial etc?

Thanks Kelesti and Jigain might go and pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    I'm not completely sold on this game, yet... Is there any way to try it out? Demo, trial etc?
    Unless you have a financial problem give it a go the game is really good especially on a decent pc. That comes from a 6 years wow player addicted to the bone on wow and still active in it.

Gw 2 isnt Aion etc. Its a magnificent world and game i am having tons of fun so far.

There are a few rightful QQ threads/posts mainly about some bugs (auction house, instance server bugs - those seem to be fixed today - and guild chat buging out)) but overall the experience is fantastic and the downtime + bugs overall are minimal.Leveling wise the game is 10 X harder then WoW btw. You have to be careful dont over pull, you die in instances etc.

Havent played to much with the crafting system yet but from a quick look it seems interesting also. You have to discover things you get xp etc.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-08-30 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    When do you start getting nicer looking gear? my level 18 still looks like its level 1 =/
    yet i see a lot of people in diffrent gear? what am i doing wrong!

( i do get new drops etc, they just have the same look )
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-08-31 at 08:35 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since a friend got the game today, and home server moves are still free I was wondering if you keep your characters if you move, or if you need to start all over again, could anyone enlighten me by giving the answer? =)

Home server is account based so wherever you move to, all of your characters will be there.

Deleted
    So, how exactly do I gain access to legendary weapons?

I was hoping to read through this when I have the chance, as I'm not sold on the game yet and want to increase my understanding of it before I make a decision.

How accurate is the information in the OP? Have things changed since it was made, or is it still an accurate overview of game features?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I was hoping to read through this when I have the chance, as I'm not sold on the game yet and want to increase my understanding of it before I make a decision.

How accurate is the information in the OP? Have things changed since it was made, or is it still an accurate overview of game features?
    The overview is very accurate. If there's any misinformation, it's down to itty bitty details.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    When do you start getting nicer looking gear? my level 18 still looks like its level 1 =/
    yet i see a lot of people in diffrent gear? what am i doing wrong!

( i do get new drops etc, they just have the same look )
    Most of them will have played gw1 and got only cosmetical armor. I didn't played gw 1 and my armor on my lvl 32 ist that fancy either. But you can alsways dye it and thus give you the imagine of a complete new tier I love to play with the colors to match my inviroment, as I choose a scoundrel characterized toon.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Hi, i am level 80 and have 42k karma but i can't find a set piece that i want to buy, they all have toughness/viltality, is there a guide or info somewhere showing all the tier karma vendors sell?

From the 5 or 6 level 80 vendors i have seen selling tier by world bosses none of them have tier with full dps stats, is this just the way of it and i must decide on a set with toughness ertc?

10+ Year Old Account
    They will charge for expansions. Full expansions.

Deleted
    Me and some couple of friends are going to have a lan-party sooner or later, and we was wondering the idea of playing GW2. I played GW1 for a decent amount of time, and I found it quit fun until I started on WoW which blowed my mind.

Is Guild Wars 2 worth it? Is it worth the time and money? And is it fun with friends? Is it viable for grouping up and pew pew?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Me and some couple of friends are going to have a lan-party sooner or later, and we was wondering the idea of playing GW2. I played GW1 for a decent amount of time, and I found it quit fun until I started on WoW which blowed my mind.

Is Guild Wars 2 worth it? Is it worth the time and money? And is it fun with friends? Is it viable for grouping up and pew pew?
    Read the first post of this thread and form your own opinion, rather than relying on the opinions of others. That's my advice.

This close after launch, this forum is buzzing with people who enjoy the game as well as people who see the game as a threat to their own respective games, who then proceed to spew down furious hatred upon GW2. Chances are, whatever opinion you read (including mine) will be heavily biased and might end up disappointing you if you decide to get/not get the game because of them.