Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Read the first post of this thread and form your own opinion, rather than relying on the opinions of others. That's my advice.

This close after launch, this forum is buzzing with people who enjoy the game as well as people who see the game as a threat to their own respective games, who then proceed to spew down furious hatred upon GW2. Chances are, whatever opinion you read (including mine) will be heavily biased and might end up disappointing you if you decide to get/not get the game because of them.
    Well said. And I agree, there's always people who will hate a new MMO, especially one like this, because it takes away their friends and other players from their current MMO's. Read the first post indeed and form your own opinion, because that post has loads of information, it's a very nice post!

Hello. I couldnt find any info on this but can i buy the game in USA but play in European servers from Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by v2nkata View Post
    Hello. I couldnt find any info on this but can i buy the game in USA but play in European servers from Europe?
    The region you buy it in (USA/Europe) and the region you register it in must match. After you create/register your account/key, you can play on any servers from anywhere, regardless of the region you bought it in or play from. That is, if you buy a US copy, you have to register it from the US region (which, more accurately, is the non-EU region), but you can play on EU servers. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I have a few questions myself too.

If you don't like the first server you chose, can you transfer easily? I don't want to transfer my chars, I can make new ones, but I understood there's this system of a home server so this is what I was asking about, can I set my home server to another server?

And second, I'm looking for a server that does have some better PvP teams, for those battleground things but also WvsW, as it stands out the server I chose kind of sucks from that aspect unfortunately quite a lot, to the point it's not very enjoyable at all. I'm in Europe. And don't want the top server in WvsW or something I just want one that doesn't suck.

I don't know about server quality in Europe but you can transfer for free and once per every 24 hours at the moment. But you cannot transfer to a full server. So if there is a server you really want to go to but is full, you'll have to try it at an off-peak time.

All of your characters will be on the same server, it is account based not character based.

Deleted
    Also, when they enable guesting, you'll be able to do everything except PvP (maybe even only WvWvW, not sure about sPvP) on another server if you'd like.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can currently join the Heart of the Mists of the world you switched to; I guess the same will work with guesting. The sPvP games themselves (including tournaments) are not world-specific to begin with, and you can form a group with players of all worlds in your region.

Deleted
    Thank you all for your replies.

Deleted
    Thanks, good info!

From previous experience, is Guild Wars 2 likely to go on sale on or before Christmas? $60 is just too much for me currently, but $30 or $40 might be affordable.

Not likely. It probably won't drop in price until after an expansion or two are sold, and they'll come in a bundle of sorts.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

It sucks for me, but I guess the game is just too new for a sale. Thanks for the quick reply

Deleted
    yes, indeed . very nice post.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 10:26 AM ----------

How many fkxingh times u need to post until u can post a damn link. This is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which dungeons should I be looking to do as a freshly dinged 80? Which can be pugged? Specifically I have an interest in the Ascalonian Greatsword from Ascalonian Catatombs but I'm unsure about just what I can and can't do just yet as a fresh 80. Will I need to do Story mode Catatombs first? Is it soloable?

No dungeon is soloable, you might be able to two or three man some of the story mode dungeons. For explorables, as long as someone in your group has completed the story mode part of that dungeon then you can enter the explorable. If you are interested in the ghastly weapons then just do the Ascalon Catacombs explorables, it's a fairly popular one so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a group for it, being a fresh level 80 is no issue as long as you know how to play smart.

I remember there were 2 reddit threads where an Elementalist solo'd Sorrow's Furnace Ex.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...orable_soloed/

Seems slow, but possible.

In beta my brother in law and I duo'd ACs and ACx a couple of time. Warrior/Mesmer and Engineer/Elementalist were are classes on two occasions each.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-06 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the Community when it comes to new players doing the dungeon for a first time? Do they shun and kick you for being inexperienced/unaware of boss abilities at the start? I read somewhere that Warriors are kicked when they have a Greatsword on and expect you to "Tank"

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    How is the Community when it comes to new players doing the dungeon for a first time? Do they shun and kick you for being inexperienced/unaware of boss abilities at the start?
    The same as every other MMO outside of like, Wizard 101 or Toon Town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How is Wizard 101 and Toon Town diffident?
    Never played them and I guess I could assume the later is for a younger cowered. I got some family who plays Wizards. But I have never cared to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Would I get kicked for using a Greatsword?