Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Mass Effect isn't overhyped I think, unless they gave it the dragon age 2 treatment.
    As long as Jennifer Hepler is in charge of story, the game will be terrible.

Example Example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Example Example
    First example made me laugh. "You'll have more fun with gay Shepard!"

Example Example
    I really hope that first pic is from April Fool's Day

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    On DOTA:
    does he even do game/internet songs anymore now?
    last I checked he did some crappy love songs with some of the same music as dota and ana behind it -.-

Example Example
    Example 1 would be sorta awesome. Esp. in a mainstream game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    I really hope that first pic is from April Fool's Day
    It's not.
    Personally I have no problems with anyone's sexuality (if it feels good, do it imo), but retconning your main lore character to be gay and having you "educate the members of your crew who are prejudiced against homosexuality" sounds a bit too socio-political edutainment.

Now if they had of just added a new crew member who was gay, and had a scene where someone made a nasty comment about the new guys sexuality and Shepard punched them out and called them a bigot, now that would be cool.

Well, Shepard can sleep with just about any other person/thing in the previous games...

Kind of a bigger deal to not have same-sex relationships and all the human social ramifications that go along with it than like care about previous sexual continuity.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not.

Now if they had of just added a new crew member who was gay, and had a scene where someone made a nasty comment about the new guys sexuality and Shepard punched them out and called them a bigot, now that would be cool.
    "I've had enough of your disingenuous homophobia." /falcon punch

10+ Year Old Account
    But back on topic

GW2 is soooo going to overtake DOTA2.
    Doing 10 minute refreshes, GW2 gets 15 votes and DOTA2 gets 2.

Yes I've noticed GW2 seems to be gaining ground rather quickly. Although after reading your examples on ME3 I'm looking forward to it far less than I was. I think sexuality in games like ME should be a sidestory at best, preferably an optional one. If it makes you uncomfortable thats fine dont follow that branch of the story. Plenty of games alow you to strike up a relationship of any sexual inclination or none at all and thats a perfect balance. But that quote indicates that its not going to be optional. If you decide not to go down the "Gay" path well their going to force it on you second hand and have a 3rd party go down it for you. I hate it when folks ruin a perfectly good media by trying to push their agenda on the unwilling.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    It's not.
    Personally I have no problems with anyone's sexuality (if it feels good, do it imo), but retconning your main lore character to be gay and having you "educate the members of your crew who are prejudiced against homosexuality" sounds a bit too socio-political edutainment.

Uuugh I hope Casey stepped in and stopped it from going too far. I'm all for gay rights and all, but that doesn't my game has to be all about it and shove it down my throat. I completely understand they wanted to give some more options, as long as it stays a choice. Or just a small cutscene where Shepard can show that he doesn't care, like Mif said.
    Oh well, as long as my male Shepard can have Miranda and my female Shepard Garrus and Thane, I don't really care about anything else!

Back on topic, seems Dota took a jump again.

Deleted
    GW2 is catching up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's Final Fantasy Versus XIII??
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    First example made me laugh. "You'll have more fun with gay Shepard!"
    It makes sense though. There is a huge part of entertainment industry across the globe that caters specifically to heterosexual women who like gay men. Why not try to tap it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    It makes sense though. There is a huge part of entertainment industry across the globe that caters specifically to heterosexual women who like gay men. Why not try to tap it?
    People are not mature enough and any implementation of "gay" in games turns into an utter QQ/flame war everywhere regardless of intentions of the game. It is sad but true.

Give it 2 more generations (of people) and this should be gone. Stupid old people!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    PUHLEASE!!!!!!! Im goin with diablo 3. lol gw2

Guild wars 2 is second! keep it coming
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cpillow View Post
    PUHLEASE!!!!!!! Im goin with diablo 3. lol gw2
    Do you realise you're in the GW2 section? and that you've just violated the following rule:
    Game Bashing
    It may seem strange, but many people like more than one game. If you want to compare to other games, you need to be constructive. Just bashing other games, including coming into this forum just to bash GW2, because you think it looks dumb, or not as cool as your game will gain you infractions.
    Perhaps you should use some manners next time...
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-01-07 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Do you realise you're in the GW2 section? and that you've just violated the following rule:

Perhaps you should use some manners next time...
    Lawyered

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really surprised that GW2 isn't higher, they kind of cheat(imo) haha. They twitter the link telling people to vote for them. :P