Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BH: Which specialization plays like Boba Fett?

I'm thinking of creating an alt and I would like to play as a Bounty Hunter mirror image of Boba Fett. Any help/suggestions?

EDIT: It seems one is range while the other specializes in melee? Is this correct?
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    Merc specializes in casts and ranged attacks with rockets OR healing.

Powertech specializes in getting close and using your jetpack to punch your opponent in the face, THEN burning the shit out of him with a flamethrower, tanking or in PvP as a pyrotech, you basically do this.

Mercenary is range with dual wielding pistols, missiles, and healing abilities. Powertech is melee with one pistol and more gadgets/flamethrower based abilities.

Deleted
    And if you like puns, make your character fat and name him BobbaFatt

I don't know a ton of stuff about SW, but I think that Arsenal Mercenary is what you're looking at. It's a tree based on missile damage as ranged.

So Mercenary is the way to go (especially Arsenal).

Thank you guys!

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe any spec can stand around doing nothing for 90% of his screen time and then get beat by being accidently hit by a stick.

But Merc probably does it best
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    I played merc, was booring sitting around spamming 1 ability being immobile as hell. Also in pvp they love abusing your casts by going off from your LoS then running away, you cant do nothing if your target is close to a pillar.

I deleted it and made a powertech and im having the time of my SWTOR life, grappling hook, fire, destruction.
    At the first pvp match i played (lvl 13) i was on top of the board and i killed lvl 50 1v1 without noone interfering.
    Much more fun.
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2012-01-05 at 07:06 PM.

I think you're actually referring more to Jango than Boba. The only time we ever got to see Boba fight, he got his ass handed to him by a Wookie and half-blind Smuggler. Jango, on the other hand, put the smackdown on a Jedi Knight in his prime.

On topic: You probably want an Arsenal spec mercenary. It's a blast to play.

Jango used 2 pistols and would be a Merc, Boba use a single pistol (or even a rifle?) that would be more Powertech

My 2¢

Jango Fett was the last of the Mandalorians, Boba was just a clone :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    I think you're actually referring more to Jango than Boba. The only time we ever got to see Boba fight, he got his ass handed to him by a Wookie and half-blind Smuggler. Jango, on the other hand, put the smackdown on a Jedi Knight in his prime.

I'm glad to hear it's fun to play! And you are right I was referring more to Jango. But Boba did escape a sarlacc! A testament to his bad-assery and not many can claim that

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    there's already enough stupid "pun" names in the game. I'm sure that's taken as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the BH's in SWTOR are nothing like BobaFett. A Merc is similar to Jango, but that is as close as they get. No carbine for you!

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post

In the movies, but Boba is a total badass in EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to know the best way to die to Jedis?

Pretty sure BH baselines accomplish more than Boba Fett ever did. Boba Fett never made it to level 10 for an AC.
    I like sandwiches

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a merc and if not for having to repeat the same story I think my alt would be a PT. I couldnt imaging playing this game before as a non-force class...really who wouldnt want a light saber and force abilities? However, I find BH to be the most fun and love it.

This game is really good

If you want to be boba, roll a merc and mash button 1 for basically every conversation choice bar maybe (9/10 at least).

Never let the mark off, bring them in alive or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Could always name your Char Boba and then have your legacy name as Fett if none else has got it before you :P then you have a real name! could be Gladiator Boba Fett!, Im tempted to roll a BH now over my sith sorc, there is WAY to many SI about atm...

What exactly does Boba Fett DO?.....

Now that youve thought about it you realize he doesnt do anything (on screen) and is not as cool as you think so it would be hard to make your char like boba fett unless you just wanted to stand around and look imposing while not doing anything in which case you could do with either spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thought about Fett as my legacy name but didnt like it on other chars so went with a more all around name.