Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So...we're allowed to ignore SWTOR bashers if they're "famous" internet commentators, but we should listen to "famous" internet commentators if they bash WoW?

I love hypocrisy in the morning.
    We're allowed to ignore them all. I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagoex View Post
    'WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!"

-Austin Powers
    "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!"

-Fox Mulder
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Well, considering quite a few famous youtubers out there are playing and praising the game, I think it would be wiser if people paid attention to those ones instead of criticism all day long. These are players who are doing great in the game PVP and PVE wise. Notice how they're performing great even with the bugs and inconveniences. Just imagine how good they'll actually be without the bugs. They play well because they can adapt with any situation.
    Don't give me BS that people shouldn't adapt. Yes the bugs shouldn't exist, but if you're good enough, you'll always find a way around the bugs to be the best. If you cannot, then may God have mercy on your soul in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So...we're allowed to ignore SWTOR bashers if they're "famous" internet commentators, but we should listen to "famous" internet commentators if they bash WoW?

I love hypocrisy in the morning.
    Who said anything about WoW? Stop assuming everyone on the internet is the same person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blogs are just a rant on the bloggers opinion of a subject. If you take the opinion of a blogger as fact, you have no business in SWTOR

Bloggers are not writers, as much as they wish they could be.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Have you noticed that? Famous MMO bloggers, like Tobold and Nils and others are flaming against swtor...I guess EA and Bioware didn't spent money to bloggers?

Today Tobold was bashing against swtor mutliplayer and among things he said that he take him too long to go to a flashpoint from the planet he is..while I get there in 5 min..(teleport to spaceport , get my ship and go to republic fleet....) and the worst of all he was whining that operation frames are too tiny and there is no option to make them larger!!!!

seriously now, I answer there in a polite manner and told him that I think he never even played the game, without using un-appropriate words..but guess what?my post never shown up in the list...

so lets say I am a new player and want to read about swtor..I open and read some famous blogs to bash some features of the game with huge lies and also hide from me the answers from people that actually played the game...

have you noticed the same thing? I was reading a lot tobold and Nils specifically but after this I will not even take them seriously again..
    Haters gonna Hate
    Lovers gonna Love
    I dont even want none of the above...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    A "Hearthstone" like to Fleet on a reasonable CD say 30mins would be a great addition to the game.
    Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed 18 hour CD is a tad too much.

@OP Never heard of these guys
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Never heard of those bloggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    A "Hearthstone" like to Fleet on a reasonable CD say 30mins would be a great addition to the game.
    Heck I'd trade out my 18 hour Fleet transport for an hour cooldown to get to my ship. Makes more sense AND I can just go anywhere I choose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are these people? I mean if people who post on forums are a minority of people who play the game then game bloggers (who are negative as opposed to the ones with positive things to say) are a fraction of a minority of a minority. Seriously they are as inconsequential as you can get.

Deleted
    They may be infamous but their opinion don't mean shit to me.

Who are these bloggers? Never heard of them and I've been playing wow since release.

I guess I have never payed attention to any blog, but at least i've heard of people like totalbiscuit and the instance podcast people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post

Attach the key fob and its 1 hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    people get molly coddled by wow's easimode-ness that when they find themselves in a new MMO they bash everything for not being as easy and accessible for every assless monkey who buys it. They need to grow up and remember what MMOs are about, not zooming back and forth between opposite ends of the world in a split second. They made this wide open world for people to enjoy, not to completely avoid.

The problem is that some people think that a particular upcoming video game will be the second coming of Christ. They're expecting salvation and a cause to devote themselves too.

And then when the game is out they realize... that it's just a video game. Usually they tend to get hostile and bitter and resentful as though they missed the Rapture or something.

The remainder of the complainers are just a part of the us-vs-them group... you know, like the Christians vs Muslims kind. One fights the other with fanatical religious fervor. I'm surprised EA hasn't gotten any explosives in the mail yet based on the kinda of hate people spew on some sites.

(Though to be fair, it's probably just a loud vocal minority, just like in the middle east.)

I haven't noticed. I'm perfectly able to form my own opinion of a video game.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    people get molly coddled by wow's easimode-ness that when they find themselves in a new MMO they bash everything for not being as easy and accessible for every assless monkey who buys it. They need to grow up and remember what MMOs are about, not zooming back and forth between opposite ends of the world in a split second. They made this wide open world for people to enjoy, not to completely avoid.
    ToR is as much of a coddle fest as WoW in many ways, but yeah... I sort of laugh at some of the forum complaints about this game as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    People did the same thing with Rift. Its really pathetic. Not only does it make WoW players look bad but MMORPG players as well. This attitude of "you can only like what I like" is something for the school yard. Its why when a new game comes out the community tries to go "no WoW allowed" because its poison to the industry.

Who are these people any way?

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    The problem is that some people think that a particular upcoming video game will be the second coming of Christ. They're expecting salvation and a cause to devote themselves too.

And then when the game is out they realize... that it's just a video game. Usually they tend to get hostile and bitter and resentful as though they missed the Rapture or something.

The remainder of the complainers are just a part of the us-vs-them group... you know, like the Christians vs Muslims kind. One fights the other with fanatical religious fervor. I'm surprised EA hasn't gotten any explosives in the mail yet based on the kinda of hate people spew on some sites.

(Though to be fair, it's probably just a loud vocal minority, just like in the middle east.)
    I would buy you a beer if I could.

You mean like the fleetpass you can buy at the security vendor?

1Hour CD, takes you right to the fleet.

OT- Let them hate and complain all they want. The people playing the game are too busy enjoying it to care what some "famous" bloggers are posting. Btw, I've never heard of them either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post

I had the same opionion but it isnt that bad. 30 min CD to a spaceport. 1 hour CD to fleet with an authenticater. Planets have shuttles to the fleet outside of the main city and spaceport. I dont advocate this but you also get ported to the fleet when booted from pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Physicx View Post
    i dont know who you are talking about. but yeah swtor failed hard. so much potential and turned out to be a good single player game and a shit mmo.
    Not sure why you say this, swtor hasn't failed yet. Competition is good, now GW2, that is gonna fail.